Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Have you ever seen someone rip the cloth on the table?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Have you ever seen someone rip the cloth on the table?
Old
  (#1)
pillage6
AzB Silver Member
pillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond reputepillage6 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Have you ever seen someone rip the cloth on the table? - 02-06-2006, 11:00 AM

When I was a teenager our friend had a table in his house, it was upstairs and the room was slightly smaller than it should have been for that sized table. Well another friend was shooting out of a certain corner, which meant that he had to jack up to shoot the ball. Sure enough as he was following through the tip dug into the cloth and put a small tear in it.

We were both sweating bullets for a while trying to decide what to do, we ended up coming clean but it took us a few days to muster up the courage.

Focus: Have you ever seen anyone rip the cloth on a table? What did they do to cover it up or did they take off faster than a jet on an aircraft carrier?

10-ball is a real man's game...........I just can't play it.

Old
  (#2)
supergreenman
truly addicted
supergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1695
  Send a message via Yahoo to supergreenman  
02-06-2006, 11:14 AM

The pub where one of my teams plays out of used to have floor to ceiling mirrors behind the pool tables. On day banger thought he had to hit a ball in harder than anybody really needs to hit a ball and the cb went flying off the table and brought one of these mirrors down on the table.

After all the glass was picked up there were many small and large cuts in the cloth of that table.

It was amazing given the crowd that hangs out there that:
A) nobody got hurt
B) it hadn't happened sooner
C) the plate glass windows beside the other table haven't gone too.

James
Pool is my meditation, billiards and the art of zen
Hours a week playing:15-20
Best Bud Bowler 2009

Old
  (#3)
thoffen
AzB Silver Member
thoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond reputethoffen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-06-2006, 11:23 AM

I never saw anyone rip the cloth during the match, but I lost one hill-hill when a final 9-ball I slow-rolled got caught up on a small tear in the shelf of the pocket. I wasn't happy.

Tear ...
Old
  (#4)
Snapshot9
son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 260

Tear ... - 02-06-2006, 11:45 AM

Shooters here got a tear in the cloth on one of their tables 2 days after being recovered by someone not knowledgeable about Pool trying jump shots, which is not permitted normally to practice. I believe he was billed for the table recovering, which will be a lesson he will never forget.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
'Snap Lock' of the famous Lock Society
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Old
  (#5)
smittie1984
AzB Silver Member
smittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 505

02-06-2006, 08:25 PM

I refelted a Diamond table at a small pool hall/pub. They shot and raised their Cue stic and hit a nice light. The light fell down and tore the cloth. It was Simonis also.

I went there not too recently. I think they haven't changed their cloth ever since we did it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: