Reload this Page happy now guys?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
happy now guys?
Old
  (#1)
duke@neo.rr.com
soon to be banned
duke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

happy now guys? - 02-07-2006, 02:07 PM

for those of you who "took it upon yourself" to contact Bob DZ about me, I request you fix this as I fixed the ebay thing for Bryan Plummer after our deal that went bad and you requested I fix that. myself and Bob had been doing buisness for years before this, and now he's "too busy" to take a SP order from me. I don't even know if he'll re-tip my cues for me, and his son Mark wants me to play leagues w/ him next year. all I want is for our buisness relationship to go back to the way it was, and I think you guys can help the way you helped destroy it. I'm not saying it's all your fault and maybe I should've stayed off the computer, but it's ALL I had to do. I just request some help in fixing this issue, because if it can't be fixed, I'll have to quit playing and don't want that. any help would be appreciated guys/girls. thanks in advance

name: Jeff Duke

there are 2 types of pool players...those who can run racks, and those who can only run their mouth. which type are you?

man, you all THINK you KNOW me and what I'm about by my posts here...haha, you're mistaken... you know nothing of me other than the stuff I type here and believe me, this is just fun for me...nothing more. some of you are just way too childish, so I joined in in my own way, and you have not disappointed me by your comments...you guys are funny!

sorry to hear
Old
  (#2)
justnick
AzB Silver Member
justnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond reputejustnick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1212

sorry to hear - 02-07-2006, 02:45 PM

how did they ruin your friendship with dz cues? I think he made cues for you before what made him stop?

????????????
Old
  (#3)
duke@neo.rr.com
soon to be banned
duke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond reputeduke@neo.rr.com has a reputation beyond repute

???????????? - 02-07-2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnick
how did they ruin your friendship with dz cues? I think he made cues for you before what made him stop?
I'm not saying it's all their fault, I helped. I did say they pushed the issue a little far and would like it normal again. I guess I should let everyone try their own things and NOT make suggestions or my opinion known. lesson learned.

name: Jeff Duke

there are 2 types of pool players...those who can run racks, and those who can only run their mouth. which type are you?

man, you all THINK you KNOW me and what I'm about by my posts here...haha, you're mistaken... you know nothing of me other than the stuff I type here and believe me, this is just fun for me...nothing more. some of you are just way too childish, so I joined in in my own way, and you have not disappointed me by your comments...you guys are funny!

Old
  (#4)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member
Matt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

02-07-2006, 03:22 PM

Are you feeling ok? You'll have to quit playing pool if you can't order another DZ cue? Errrrr.......Ok.

"I used to bet my own but it gave me ulcers." - John Schmidt, 2008

Old
  (#5)
Zims Rack
Promoting the Cueing Arts
Zims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond reputeZims Rack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

02-07-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_24
Are you feeling ok? You'll have to quit playing pool if you can't order another DZ cue? Errrrr.......Ok.
Tap! Tap! Tap!

My thoughts exactly!
Zim

Michael Zimmerman, aka: Zim
Zim's Rack
Zimmerman Custom Cues
Certified Instructor
Zim's Rack 8-Ball League

618-409-4175
www.zimsrack.com

facebook.com/zimsrack

Old
  (#6)
VonRhett
Friends Call Me "von"
VonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

02-07-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke@neo.rr.com
because if it can't be fixed, I'll have to quit playing and don't want that.

Duke, I remember that lengthy thread about your custom DZ cue, that he made it to your exact specs and the general consensus was that it was butt-ugly and never should have left his shop. He made the exact cue you wanted, then a few months later you decided to sell it and couldn't get anywhere near what you were hoping. The fact that it looked like a Christmas tree probably contributed to the perceived value/resale problem.

IIRC, the worst thing that was written was that if you were the only one promoting DZ Cues, that Bob had real problems (to paraphrase). You do come off as bi-polar, with self-centric and/or flaming posts one day and apologies the next.

But I can't imagine why AZers would contact Bob about you. All he needed to do was look at your Posts and decide for himself. But can you REALLY blame him for not wanting to make another cue for you? The guy made exactly what you designed - your dream cue, and shortly thereafter you're dumping it on the secondary market.

I know my confidence in DZ cues was shaken a little, only because IMO that cue should never have been made. Though Bob made that one as a statement for & about you, every cue still makes a strong statement about the cuemaker. He did you a favor by making that godawful design, then you pawn it off as a great DZ cue.

Bottom line? IMHO, AZers didn't cause a problem between you and DZ cues. This is a fire that you created, pumped the fuel on it, then let it die. Now months later you want other people to pour some water on the smoldering coals?

- "Von"
Playing Cue: Paul Mottey, BOBBY HUNTER
Case: JACK JUSTIS
Other Cues: Bobby Hunter(s); JossWest(s); Mottey, Others

Where's Jimbo??

Old
  (#7)
buddha162
AzB Silver Member
buddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

02-07-2006, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke@neo.rr.com
for those of you who "took it upon yourself" to contact Bob DZ about me, I request you fix this as I fixed the ebay thing for Bryan Plummer after our deal that went bad and you requested I fix that. myself and Bob had been doing buisness for years before this, and now he's "too busy" to take a SP order from me. I don't even know if he'll re-tip my cues for me, and his son Mark wants me to play leagues w/ him next year. all I want is for our buisness relationship to go back to the way it was, and I think you guys can help the way you helped destroy it. I'm not saying it's all your fault and maybe I should've stayed off the computer, but it's ALL I had to do. I just request some help in fixing this issue, because if it can't be fixed, I'll have to quit playing and don't want that. any help would be appreciated guys/girls. thanks in advance
Your request is beyond irrational. Did you come off your meds?

Bob is a fine cuemaker, but you didn't do him any favors here on AZ. If he realizes that and no longer wishes to associate himself with you, accept it and move on.

-Roger

my cooking/fishing/pool youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVD...VWp8Ufw/videos

Old
  (#8)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-08-2006, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha162
Your request is beyond irrational. Did you come off your meds?

Bob is a fine cuemaker, but you didn't do him any favors here on AZ. If he realizes that and no longer wishes to associate himself with you, accept it and move on.

-Roger
Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own eulogy?
Your avatar still rules- and I can still can't find my CD!

Old
  (#9)
SphinxnihpS
Banned
SphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant future

02-08-2006, 07:20 AM

New CD in April!

Seeing double?
Old
  (#10)
Guru
outta stroke
Guru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Guru Send a message via AIM to Guru Send a message via MSN to Guru Send a message via Yahoo to Guru  
Seeing double? - 02-08-2006, 08:07 AM

Duke, as I read one of your posts I noticed a shocking similarity.
Attached Images

Old
  (#11)
buddha162
AzB Silver Member
buddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2006, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled
Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own eulogy?
Your avatar still rules- and I can still can't find my CD!
Man I've heard those songs so many times I don't need a cd anymore, lol.

-Roger

Old
  (#12)
buddha162
AzB Silver Member

02-08-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinxnihpS
New CD in April!
I heard May...but either way I'll be shocked to get it anytime before july. Remember Lateralus?

-Roger (will squeal like a little girl when I rip the cellophane off the album)

Old
  (#13)
Egg McDogit
street player
Egg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond reputeEgg McDogit has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2006, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRhett
The fact that it looked like a Christmas tree probably contributed to the perceived value/resale problem.
ROFL does anyone have a picture of this cue?

Old
  (#14)
Ktown D
Neverwuzzz
Ktown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond reputeKtown D has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 75
  Send a message via MSN to Ktown D  
02-08-2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg McDogit
ROFL does anyone have a picture of this cue?
I'd like to see it too. Someone dig up a pic.

"It's either bet big or go to the house, Jack" ~ Uncle Si

What I Shoots With...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIN View Post
Its gambling Johnny and when you gamble there's always the chance of having to sit on a strange mans lap.

Old
  (#15)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-08-2006, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown D
I'd like to see it too. Someone dig up a pic.
\
Doug?

?
Don't see pics tho...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=23893

Actually- here's reference? to it. Link not working...removed?
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=23725

Last edited by Black-Balled; 02-08-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: