Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
What is your Favorite Pool Game & Why
Old
  (#1)
PoolSleuth
Banned
PoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to behold

vCash: 500

What is your Favorite Pool Game & Why - 02-08-2006, 07:56 AM

What is your SingleFavorite Pool Game & Why

Thought this would be a Fun Poll as we got a Bunch of New Members.....

Old
  (#2)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

02-08-2006, 08:01 AM

One Pocket,fun to play,kinda boring to watch.I like uno hole because its a game of chess,you have to learn great cue ball and multiple ball control,banks,and also defense is important,it helps other games,when i get that bank on the 9 ball for the win,its a hanger because of all my one pocket play,my safes have improved tremendously.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#3)
PoolSleuth
Banned
PoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to behold

02-08-2006, 08:31 AM

Well I forgot to put BANK POOL in the Poll...

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-08-2006, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSleuth
Well I forgot to put BANK POOL in the Poll...
And pocket pool, tool.

Old
  (#5)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2006, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny
One Pocket,fun to play,kinda boring to watch.I like uno hole because its a game of chess,you have to learn great cue ball and multiple ball control,banks,and also defense is important,it helps other games,when i get that bank on the 9 ball for the win,its a hanger because of all my one pocket play,my safes have improved tremendously.
Bet what you want: you bank the 9...

Old
  (#6)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

02-08-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled
If i get out of line then i will,as for betting if you are ever in OCNY area then let me know and perhaps we can set soemthing up.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#7)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

02-08-2006, 10:55 AM

I like 9 ball, it is fast, clean, and fun. I like the challenge of having to get on the next ball rather then shooting and still having plenty of other balls to shoot if you screw up the position.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Nineball hands down.
Old
  (#8)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

Nineball hands down. - 02-08-2006, 10:59 AM

Nineball is one of the few games that to play it excellently, you have to know exactly what's going to happen. Other games if you make a mistake there are often other outs. I know a lot of people are going to jump on this, and say that many games have less luck etc...etc.... But of the games that can be played perfectly. I think nineball is the best.

Old
  (#9)
shoutout33
"The Emperor"
shoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond reputeshoutout33 has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2006, 11:07 AM

One-Pocket, basically because it slows me down and forces me to think. I still kind of like 9-ball, but not like I used to. Ever since the IPT came out, I've kind of been on the 8-ball wagon, but I also realized that there are more simularities between one-pocket and 8-ball than 9-ball...IMHO. One-Pocket takes a lot of patience too, so if you want to learn that in pool its the game to go to.

Old
  (#10)
supergreenman
truly addicted
supergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1695
  Send a message via Yahoo to supergreenman  
02-08-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden
Nineball is one of the few games that to play it excellently, you have to know exactly what's going to happen. Other games if you make a mistake there are often other outs. I know a lot of people are going to jump on this, and say that many games have less luck etc...etc.... But of the games that can be played perfectly. I think nineball is the best.
Nothing beats a perfect game of snooker. IMO

I like 8-ball best, with 1 pocket coming in a near second. And WOW btw at how popular 1 pocket is here. I introduced this game to my teammates as a practice game and they took to it quick. I was really impressed at how fast they learned the strategies involved.

James
Pool is my meditation, billiards and the art of zen
Hours a week playing:15-20
Best Bud Bowler 2009

Old
  (#11)
Cane
AzB Silver Member
Cane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond reputeCane has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2006, 11:14 AM

Well, I chose one pocket, because it requires more thought and a knowledge of more shots than the other games, IMO. Honestly, you didn't have my favorite game on there. My favorite is short rack Banks. I love banks, because most people don't bank as well as they THINK they do. There's a lot of difference between banking a ball in the middle of a game of 9-Ball and banking balls playing position for the next bank and the next one, and the next one, etc.

Later,
Bob

Name: Bob Nunley
Cues: All Jerico
Jump/Break Cue: Jerico Stinger
Hobbies: Hell, I play pool... Who has time for hobbies???

Old
  (#12)
RunArak
Dead Account
RunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2817

02-08-2006, 11:20 AM

BANK POOL.... Not in the poll

"Straight Back" Truman Hogue

Old
  (#13)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

02-08-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny
If i get out of line then i will,as for betting if you are ever in OCNY area then let me know and perhaps we can set soemthing up.
10-4 to that (but what is OCNY?!). Unknown to me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled

Old
  (#14)
BillyKoda
AzB Silver Member
BillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond reputeBillyKoda has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

02-08-2006, 11:38 AM

Bottle Pool is my favorite, played with the one ball, two ball and the pill bottle. Usually on Snooker table.

Old
  (#15)
SphinxnihpS
Banned
SphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant future

02-08-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyKoda
Bottle Pool is my favorite, played with the one ball, two ball and the pill bottle. Usually on Snooker table.
Bottle pool is indeed a very fun game!

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: