Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page What do you think makes a monster player?
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
What do you think makes a monster player?
Old
  (#1)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member
Lock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

What do you think makes a monster player? - 02-05-2012, 07:32 PM

A regular player, VS. a monster player! What do you think makes a player a monster player? Monster player being a super player!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Old
  (#2)
OTB
I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
OTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3900

02-05-2012, 07:34 PM

practice........you can be born with talent, but time on the green makes you great........OTB

I just thought this up, this qoute should go on forever, be on t-shirts...............lol

~ Old Time Billiards Pool Hall ~
Cues: Mottey ~ Titlist
Shaft: OB-1 & pre-cat Predator 314
Tip: Area 51 Shit!!
Breaker: McDermott (Tweeked NG-02)
Case: (2) Justis 2x4 Brown (Python Diamonds & Ring Tail), 2x2 O'neil , (2) 1x2 Fellini,1x2 Ron Thomas, 1x1 Whitten Tan Ostrich,1x2 GTF

~I DONT GAMBLE, I GIVE IT AWAY... STOP BY AND SHOOT A GAME~...J.H.
~STAKING YOURSELF IS THE SIGN OF TRUE TALENT!!~..Orig. Quote by J.H.
C-Note Lock

Last edited by OTB; 02-05-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Old
  (#3)
Snookerd
AzB Silver Member
Snookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond reputeSnookerd has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

02-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Mental Attitude has alot to do with reaching the higher gears... IMO

Thought 4 the day "What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?"

Old
  (#4)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
02-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Opportunity. Proper Coaching. Deep Practice. Tons of Tough Competition. Mental Toughness.

All these things make a monster player. To be GODZILLA you have to have ALL of these things in great amounts. Having some of them can make you a baby monster capable of beating a big monster in any given set but not over the long run. Being REALLY strong in some of these areas and a little weak in others still makes for a monster player but the weak areas will show up and hold them back from being on top for long.

So in other words a monster player has the whole package. And all of it together gives them a level of confidence that by itself is worth a couple balls over mere mortals.

How are you going to beat a guy that has seen every move in the book? A guy that's played on every table known to man? Only if you yourself are a monster player on your pet table when that road player comes to town will you have a shot. The casual decent player doesn't have a prayer.

And one more thing. You could just boil it down to numbers and stats. The monster player simply has a higher batting average and that makes the difference. In a race to 10 in nine ball there are 19 9 ball shots that have to be made at most before someone wins. As Buddy said your only choice when it's your turn is to duck or shoot. So out of a maximum of 171 shots (if my math is right) the monster player is going to miss considerably less and play effective safeties more. The casual regular player is going to miss more and play weak or failed safeties more. The monster player is going to resafe from the safeties he faces and the regular player is going to sell out more from the safeties he faces. Those are simply the cold numbers that dictate how the match will go. Statistically the better player will win over distance. And if it's a monster vs. a regular player then the gulf is very wide when the numbers are added up.

If any of you want to know where you TRULY stand play Equal Offense or Fargo and then you can see where your place in the pool world is.

Luckily for me at the neighborhood bar I am the monster player. At the poolroom down the street I am the sucker.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Last edited by JB Cases; 02-05-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Old
  (#5)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock N Load View Post
A regular player, VS. a monster player! What do you think makes a player a monster player? Monster player being a super player!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.
As long as there is nothing wrong with you physically then the usual
difference is passion and commitment.
A great player can dog his brains out much more than a player that he
can give the last 4 to.....'cause he CARES more.
The game must give you a thrill and you have to look for your talent
'till you find it.
To a player that is not totally committed to the game...when he is faced
with a tough shot...many will just roll the dice.
A great player, when faced with the same shot, may feel like this kid....
http://www.google.ca/url?url=http://...W3jn3oIu16ca3Q

Mr. JB, you are the Man! You summed it up perfect!!!!
Old
  (#6)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member
Lock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. JB, you are the Man! You summed it up perfect!!!! - 02-05-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Opportunity. Proper Coaching. Deep Practice. Tons of Tough Competition. Mental Toughness.

All these things make a monster player. To be GODZILLA you have to have ALL of these things in great amounts. Having some of them can make you a baby monster capable of beating a big monster in any given set but not over the long run. Being REALLY strong in some of these areas and a little weak in others still makes for a monster player but the weak areas will show up and hold them back from being on top for long.

So in other words a monster player has the whole package. And all of it together gives them a level of confidence that by itself is worth a couple balls over mere mortals.

How are you going to beat a guy that has seen every move in the book? A guy that's played on every table known to man? Only if you yourself are a monster player on your pet table when that road player comes to town will you have a shot. The casual decent player doesn't have a prayer.

And one more thing. You could just boil it down to numbers and stats. The monster player simply has a higher batting average and that makes the difference. In a race to 10 in nine ball there are 19 9 ball shots that have to be made at most before someone wins. As Buddy said your only choice when it's your turn is to duck or shoot. So out of a maximum of 171 shots (if my math is right) the monster player is going to miss considerably less and play effective safeties more. The casual regular player is going to miss more and play weak or failed safeties more. The monster player is going to resafe from the safeties he faces and the regular player is going to sell out more from the safeties he faces. Those are simply the cold numbers that dictate how the match will go. Statistically the better player will win over distance. And if it's a monster vs. a regular player then the gulf is very wide when the numbers are added up.

If any of you want to know where you TRULY stand play Equal Offense or Fargo and then you can see where your place in the pool world is.

Luckily for me at the neighborhood bar I am the monster player. At the poolroom down the street I am the sucker.
Well coming from a Monster player like yourself, you could not help but have it just right! I am glad I know such a guy like you! Thanks for your input!
Many Regards,
Lock n load.

Is this the world's famous Double HemLock?
Old
  (#7)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member

Is this the world's famous Double HemLock? - 02-05-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
As long as there is nothing wrong with you physically then the usual
difference is passion and commitment.
A great player can dog his brains out much more than a player that he
can give the last 4 to.....'cause he CARES more.
The game must give you a thrill and you have to look for your talent
'till you find it.
To a player that is not totally committed to the game...when he is faced
with a tough shot...many will just roll the dice.
A great player, when faced with the same shot, may feel like this kid....
http://www.google.ca/url?url=http://...W3jn3oIu16ca3Q
Very good post, Dr. Double HemLock! I did not see the Double HemLock logo in your post though! Keep up the good work!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Hey OTB, you need to copy that statement!
Old
  (#8)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member

Hey OTB, you need to copy that statement! - 02-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
practice........you can be born with talent, but time on the green makes you great........OTB

I just thought this up, this qoute should go on forever, be on t-shirts...............lol
Thanks for your good input! In the subject I meant copyright!
Many Regards,
Lock n load.

Very good post.
Old
  (#9)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member

Very good post. - 02-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookerd View Post
Mental Attitude has alot to do with reaching the higher gears... IMO
I thank you for your good input, Snookerd!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Only
Old
  (#10)
Matt90
Trust the Process
Matt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt90 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via Yahoo to Matt90  
Only - 02-05-2012, 08:31 PM

One thing !

Name:  one-thing.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  25.4 KB

Lock Society Name: MATLOCK

Proverbs 22:1
Player: Runde
Break: nice house cue
Jump: I really think it's a last resort and untrustworthy
Case: 2x3 JB Rugged,simple and love it

Last edited by Matt90; 02-05-2012 at 08:48 PM.

MattLock, one thing meaning what?
Old
  (#11)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member

MattLock, one thing meaning what? - 02-05-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt90 View Post
One thing !

Attachment 213236
How are you doing up there in the ATL? Let me know what you mean by one thing?
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Basically
Old
  (#12)
Snapshot9
son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 260

Basically - 02-05-2012, 11:19 PM

1) They learn to be a run-out artist.
2) They learn to be smart.
3) They learn how to bank.
4) They learn 2-3 break shots that work well for them.

I have seen hundreds of matches where 2 players can be about even as far as running out the balls, but the monster player will break much better than the other player. As an example, Shane Van Boening's 10 ball break.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
'Snap Lock' of the famous Lock Society
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Old
  (#13)
C.Milian
AzB Silver Member
C.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond reputeC.Milian has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2012, 02:53 AM

They can play 2-3 days and not get tired.

RAND: I seek to provide men -- or those who care to think -- with an integrated, consistent and rational view of life.

Old
  (#14)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
02-06-2012, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Milian View Post
They can play 2-3 days and not get tired.
That's not a monster player, that's a chemically enhanced cyborg. :-)

Very tough to get the cheese from someone that refuel without inhaling carbs. I know as I have been on the receiving end many times. But one time I outran their stash and got $1800.

Old
  (#15)
houmatroy
AzB Silver Member
houmatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond reputehoumatroy has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to houmatroy  
02-06-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock N Load View Post
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.
Want a very short answer to ur Q lock ? Just look in da mirror....U ova der in da city giving da red rifle the 6 out...haha

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: