How Many Pool Players are there?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I have no real idea...but how many pool players are there in the US, Europe, China, Russia, all of these other places where pool is played? How many people are Pool League Players?

Inquiring minds want to know........

Just another lovely day in Paradise.......

336Robin :thumbup:
aimisthegameinpool.com
aimisthegameinpool@yahoo.com

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
the answer depends on who you consider a player. If a pro, the task is "pretty easy", one just needs to look through the ranking lists.
If we include those who are amateurs and advanced players but not playing for a living, that would add about 10 people per one pro, I guess.
And if you want to count those who just bang them around during a Friday sip... I give up :grin-square:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Assuming that the published world population of 6,973,738,433 is correct, and using the familiar equation O(e(64/9)1/3(n.log 2)1/3(log (n.log 2))2/3) the answer would be approximately 797,631,248.02963 total players.

J

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Amount of Players

Assuming that the published world population of 6,973,738,433 is correct, and using the familiar equation O(e(64/9)1/3(n.log 2)1/3(log (n.log 2))2/3) the answer would be approximately 797,631,248.02963 total players.

J

JimmyG,
That is an awesome number. Id love to sell them all something for a dollar!!!

336robin :thumbup:

aimisthegameinpool.com

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Be patient...

I have no real idea...but how many pool players are there in the US, Europe, China, Russia, all of these other places where pool is played? How many people are Pool League Players?

aimisthegameinpool.com

Be patient. Someone will eventually take your question seriously!
It's a good question!

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

aimisthegameinpool.com

I believe I saw in a comparison chart that the break down was about 1 out of 10 people play 2 times a year 1 out of 20 play 2 times a month

I think there is some where around 7 billion in the world
you could probably take away 25- 30 % that have no means to play

This would give a rough idea I would think

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

J

yes that's what I arrived at myself,

mikefeiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

aimisthegameinpool.com

Not sure about the rest of the world, but here are the SGMA numbers from 2011 for the US:

Full participation (1+ times per year):36,831,000
Core participation (13+ times per year): 12,132,000
Regular participation (13-24 times per year): 4,340,000
Frequent participation (25+ times per year): 7,792,000

Here's the full breakout of the numbers over the past 5 years if you're interested (along with my opinions on why the industry is continuing to lose participants).

http://www.mikefeiman.com/2012/07/state-of-the-billiards-industry-2012-edition/

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Numbers Decline

Thanks Mike I read every word....I think FUN is the key.....someone has to make the game FUN again.....pool isnt easy to play, isnt easy to learn...

Thats my take so far as Ive seen.

Just another lovely day in paradise....

336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

Last edited: