Help needed for me to improve

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Please help – I have been having difficulty imparting side top backhand English spin using a semi-level, but rather attractive undulating, yet hypnotic stroke. My intended result is to make the ball. Thanks in advance for your advice.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Forget all of that nonsense and just put the ball in the hole and get shape on your next shot. Repeat as necessary. :)

jalapus logan

Silver Member
It was a lil' bit scary. One time, I struck the cue ball, which then struck the object ball. That part was normal. Then, the unbelievable occurred!!! The object ball went to a place on the rail where no pocket existed and it came to rest on the bed of the table!!!!! I was then, and am now, dumfounded! What would cause such a phenomenon? Is there a word to describe it???

Just last night, as I laid my head to rest for the night, I began to reflect on this occurrence and a single tear rolled down my face and into the pillow. As I lay there trembling with fear, my wife asked me what was wrong. I could not speak of this horrible thing. I just don't know what to do......

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a lil' bit scary. One time, I struck the cue ball, which then struck the object ball. That part was normal. Then, the unbelievable occurred!!! The object ball went to a place on the rail where no pocket existed and it came to rest on the bed of the table!!!!! I was then, and am now, dumfounded! What would cause such a phenomenon? Is there a word to describe it???

Just last night, as I laid my head to rest for the night, I began to reflect on this occurrence and a single tear rolled down my face and into the pillow. As I lay there trembling with fear, my wife asked me what was wrong. I could not speak of this horrible thing. I just don't know what to do......

Simple, you were using a table with the pockets in the wrong place.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make a slight aiming adjustment for squirt and swerve and your problem will be solved!

(If that doesnt work, get a new ball washing machine)

:grin-square:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Please help – I have been having difficulty imparting side top backhand English spin using a semi-level, but rather attractive undulating, yet hypnotic stroke. My intended result is to make the ball. Thanks in advance for your advice.

You have to play people who are a lot better than you, even up for a lot of money, then jack up the bet.

This is a good way to make new friends in a pool room too. Worked for me.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I'm not qualified to tell you in fear of a backlash from those that are.

I'm sure someone with a physics degree or doctorate will give you a precise, over complicated and long strung out explanation for the problem.

I sincerely hope you figure out how to make the ball, so we can all sleep easy tonight.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

JL I know you have a couple of tables and one is a Diamond. I also have a couple of tables and one is a Diamond.

My other makes me feel good about my game. Next time you get to the high country I will let you give it a try:grin-square:

Attachments

• lotto-pool-table.jpg
    lotto-pool-table.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 246

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member

simple fix for the problem I see... Lay the cue on the table with either end hanging over 12 to 18 inches..... Now drop you pants and drawers and run backwards to the table... if you are short jump when you are about 19 inches away if tall duck at the same point........

May or may not help your playing but AZ will just hear nothing but mmmpph...... mmmmmmmmmmphh....mmmmmmmmmmpppph..... for awhile until you learn to talk around the issues..... which will be a definite fix..... :grin:

Last edited:

jalapus logan

Silver Member
I have been diligently working on using a touch of bottom on every shot. The trouble is that my wife keeps swatting my hand away. Any suggestions???