Old
  (#76)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

02-21-2013, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfox13x View Post
just purchased the ppv toi and its not working? wont allow me to press play. just a black screen.
We just located the problem, we were out of viewing minutes. That's over 12k in less than a month. Anyway, it's ok to use now. . . CJ

I just checked it and it looks like you've seen the first 3 chapters. I sent you the password again, maybe you can reboot your computer and try again.

Let me know if it still won't work, you're the first one to have trouble in awhile....CJ

20/02/2013 17:01:38 1.Intro, 2.The Grip, 3.Hand Position UNITED STATES PENNSYLVANIA PITTSBURGH
20/02/2013 16:55:37 1.Touch Of Inside Introduction

TO BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS EMAIL ME AT thegameistheteacher@gmail.com - For Blogs, Free Video Clips, Instructional Tips and Techniques Check Out www.cjwiley.com

Last edited by CJ Wiley; 02-21-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Finally got this wired for competition!
Old
  (#77)
West Point 1987
On the Hill, Out of Gas
West Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got this wired for competition! - 02-21-2013, 03:27 AM

Well, after working with TOI for the past 4 months, I finally got this wired as my default playing technique. I played 2 sets race to 11 in 10 Ball last night on a double shimmed GCV with a AA player (one of the top 5 players in Cyprus). He got me first set 11-6, then I took him to the hill and lost 11-10. I was actually on the hill for 4 games, but we got into some vicious safety battles that he won (he's the better player, he should have). Even though it was a loss, it's far and away the finest pool I've played against a player of that caliber in almost 30 years. No way I'd have gotten more than 2 games off that guy 4 months ago. I haven't been this confident (and cocky) since I was in my 20s. Wife's out of town tonight and tomorrow night...guess where I'll be?

Bill "Woodeye" Woods
What's in my (Instroke) Case?
Playing Cue: Gulyassy PHX, with SPT shaft
Jump/Break: McDermott Stinger NGO1

Other Cues Owned:
-R- 26 1/2 Tribute cue w/Gulyassy SPTX Shaft
Schon SL19/STL17 (retired, again )
Joss J15 (stolen)
Joss J11 (was a break cue for 15 years, now my son's player)
McDermott D-8 (sold, 1989)
McDermott D-23 (sold, 1991)
McDermott D-6 (sold, 1990)
GEM (Gary Medlin) Szambotti Tribute (retired)

Last edited by West Point 1987; 02-21-2013 at 03:29 AM.

You can also use it for two and three railers
Old
  (#78)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Thumbs up You can also use it for two and three railers - 02-21-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Point 1987 View Post
Well, after working with TOI for the past 4 months, I finally got this wired as my default playing technique. I played 2 sets race to 11 in 10 Ball last night on a double shimmed GCV with a AA player (one of the top 5 players in Cyprus). He got me first set 11-6, then I took him to the hill and lost 11-10. I was actually on the hill for 4 games, but we got into some vicious safety battles that he won (he's the better player, he should have). Even though it was a loss, it's far and away the finest pool I've played against a player of that caliber in almost 30 years. No way I'd have gotten more than 2 games off that guy 4 months ago. I haven't been this confident (and cocky) since I was in my 20s. Wife's out of town tonight and tomorrow night...guess where I'll be?
That's great news, you've been in this with me from the very beginning, I'm glad it's paying off. I'm having more fun with my game as well. I played one pocket with a pretty good player tonight and played superb with the TOI on every shot that was available. I also gave a TOI Bank Lesson earlier that amazed an old friend that was curious how it worked with banking.

I've found it's easiest to show someone how the TOI works with banks right away because they see immediate results.....one tip of TOI equates to one diamond of angle on a bank on cross sides, and it's a half tip on straight backs. You can also use it for two and three railers like it's magic.

Keep up the good play, if it isn't fun it's not worth doing. 'The Game is the Teacher'

TO BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS EMAIL ME AT thegameistheteacher@gmail.com - For Blogs, Free Video Clips, Instructional Tips and Techniques Check Out www.cjwiley.com

Old
  (#79)
Pjaze
AzB Silver Member
Pjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2013, 12:50 AM

Before I buy the TOI vid, can someone give me a brief explanation of what it is. I have read alot about it but I don't think I fully get what it is.

My understanding is ... You line up your shot, aiming for the outside edge of the pocket (Slight undercut), then you move your cue parallel to that line, to put a small amount of inside english on the cue ball?

This makes the cue ball slightly deflect to the overcut side of the OB, and assuming you have done everything right - the OB goes in centre pocket, if you got no deflection it should still go in to the outside edge of the pocket (Undercut), and if you got too much deflection it goes into the inside edge of the pocket (Overcut).

The benefit of this system is that you don't need to be dead on centre ball every shot? But this system is not an aiming system, as you still need to use whatever aiming system you currently use to set up for the shot?

If the above is basically correct, I guess you would need to vary the amount of inside english you use depending on the distance between cue ball and object ball, and the speed at which you are playing the shot. Am I anywhere close?

control the deflection it changes the perception of the game.
Old
  (#80)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

Lightbulb control the deflection it changes the perception of the game. - 02-22-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjaze View Post
Before I buy the TOI vid, can someone give me a brief explanation of what it is. I have read alot about it but I don't think I fully get what it is.

My understanding is ... You line up your shot, aiming for the outside edge of the pocket (Slight undercut), then you move your cue parallel to that line, to put a small amount of inside english on the cue ball?

This makes the cue ball slightly deflect to the overcut side of the OB, and assuming you have done everything right - the OB goes in centre pocket, if you got no deflection it should still go in to the outside edge of the pocket (Undercut), and if you got too much deflection it goes into the inside edge of the pocket (Overcut).

The benefit of this system is that you don't need to be dead on centre ball every shot? But this system is not an aiming system, as you still need to use whatever aiming system you currently use to set up for the shot?

If the above is basically correct, I guess you would need to vary the amount of inside english you use depending on the distance between cue ball and object ball, and the speed at which you are playing the shot. Am I anywhere close?
You're on the right track and there's thousands of threads in the Aiming Forums on this subject.

It has a built in aiming system as well, and really blends your shot speed, shot angle, and cue ball target into one system of play. I've been giving lessons and seminars for the last week on the TOI and it's been effective with everyone so far. The one thing that it will bring to the surface in your own game is how accurately you're really hitting the cue ball.

When you start to control the deflection it changes the perception of the game. Most players never realized how accurate deflection is when you control it with your tip. This takes a whole video to explain, so I won't go into it now. If you're not at least an intermediate player I wouldn't advice it before studying my first 4 videos. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Old
  (#81)
Pjaze
AzB Silver Member
Pjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond reputePjaze has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2013, 01:36 AM

Thanks for the reply CJ, obviously there is alot more too it, I will check out the video.

I am not sure where I would rate as a player, I live in aus so their is no leagues etc. I have a table at home and run a rack of 9 ball every 30-40 games I would guess.
5-6 Balls left on the table and I will usually run it out.

I just had a go shooting balls with inside, seems like it is very difficult to judge the amount of deflection, but I will trast your superior knowledge and get the video.

cheers

the TOI technique can save you a lot of frustrating hours
Old
  (#82)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

Arrow the TOI technique can save you a lot of frustrating hours - 02-22-2013, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjaze View Post
Thanks for the reply CJ, obviously there is alot more too it, I will check out the video.

I am not sure where I would rate as a player, I live in aus so their is no leagues etc. I have a table at home and run a rack of 9 ball every 30-40 games I would guess.
5-6 Balls left on the table and I will usually run it out.

I just had a go shooting balls with inside, seems like it is very difficult to judge the amount of deflection, but I will trast your superior knowledge and get the video.

cheers
The main thing is whether you can align your cue straight and make a straight in shot consistently. If you can do that the TOI technique can save you a lot of frustrating hours because you will start getting results right away. I gave a seminar earlier with 7 people and within 3 hours they had all achieved a different perspective of how to pocket balls and create angles.

The method I show has not been described before, and although it's very difficult to demonstrate and explain, it's relatively easy to learn. Compared to trying to hit a contact point or use a "ghost ball" the TOI is user friendly....it shows you a way to make the cue ball the target and create the angles using your tip, while maintaining a consistent shot speed whenever possible. Thanks for you interest and have a great weekend. 'The Game is the Teacher' CJ Wiley

Old
  (#83)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-22-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Wiley View Post
The main thing is whether you can align your cue straight and make a straight in shot consistently. If you can do that the TOI technique can save you a lot of frustrating hours because you will start getting results right away. I gave a seminar earlier with 7 people and within 3 hours they had all achieved a different perspective of how to pocket balls and create angles.

The method I show has not been described before, and although it's very difficult to demonstrate and explain, it's relatively easy to learn. Compared to trying to hit a contact point or use a "ghost ball" the TOI is user friendly....it shows you a way to make the cue ball the target and create the angles using your tip, while maintaining a consistent shot speed whenever possible. Thanks for you interest and have a great weekend. 'The Game is the Teacher' CJ Wiley
Bout time is all I can say CJ..... http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpo...8&postcount=16

As soon as I have time to sit thru the whole thing I'll be sending some greenbacks....

Chris

Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com

Old
  (#84)
demonfox13x
AzB Bronze Member
demonfox13x is on a distinguished road

02-22-2013, 06:33 PM

Thanks for fixing the video problem, got a little frustrated bc i wanted to watch it that night lol. Only used TOI for about 5-6 hours of play and I can already see some consistency forming in my aiming. Really looking forward to getting proficient at this.

be aware of using the BACK hand to move the cue
Old
  (#85)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

Thumbs up be aware of using the BACK hand to move the cue - 02-22-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfox13x View Post
Thanks for fixing the video problem, got a little frustrated bc i wanted to watch it that night lol. Only used TOI for about 5-6 hours of play and I can already see some consistency forming in my aiming. Really looking forward to getting proficient at this.
Just becoming aware of the TOI will be a positive influence on your game because it will make you come to terms with hitting the cue ball precisely. The main thing I suggest is making sure you are moving your cue parallel to the Inside rather than any "pivoting".

When you pivot you will always tend to undercut the ball using TOI, so be aware of this at all times. The best way I've shown players to move the cue properly is to be aware of using the BACK hand to move the cue, not their tip or bridge hand.

They should move together, but if you move your back hand (the SAME direction you're cutting the ball or TOI) you will be far less likely to pivot and you will quickly get the feeling of cutting the ball more. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Old
  (#86)
lstevedus
One of the 47%
lstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond repute

02-23-2013, 05:29 PM

Sent CJ the $$$ for his TOI dvd today. I am always very interested in learning something that will make me a better player.

It's essential to watch where the object ball enters the pocket
Old
  (#87)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

Arrow It's essential to watch where the object ball enters the pocket - 02-24-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstevedus View Post
Sent CJ the $$$ for his TOI dvd today. I am always very interested in learning something that will make me a better player.
The TOI will certainly be an advantage in your improvement. I just finished a two hour lesson with a gentleman from Dallas that has made incredible break through s in the last month. He plays great golf so it's been easy for me to build him a bridge between the two games. The fact is many games are similar at the higher levels. I'm learning more and more of the "finer points," and how to communicate the TOI knowledge to students.

Once they "click" they're also playing a completely different game. No more trying to hit the object ball with the cue ball and "aim" at some contact point. The TOI Technique makes it where the target is obviously the cue ball and after the alignment above the shot there's very little focus addressed to the object ball.

It's best to look and focus on the cue ball for 5 full seconds while getting down {on the shot} before you even shift to the object ball, then it's back to the cue ball and accelerate, watching the object ball go into the pocket. I believe many players make the mistake of looking up at the object ball MUCH too soon. I feel like I"m just "aware of the object ball's presence, not trying to hit any particular part once I"m down on the shot."

It's essential to watch where the object ball enters the pocket before you get up, and I'll explain why tomorrow if anyone's interested. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Old
  (#88)
lstevedus
One of the 47%
lstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond reputelstevedus has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2013, 08:10 AM

I am definitely interested in why you should watch the ball go into the pocket before you get up. I have recently stumbled on some of what you are talking about with TOI by myself. Its a really long story how that came about so I won't elaborate, but needless to say, I play a lot of pool.

Old
  (#89)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

Arrow 02-24-2013, 02:45 PM

double post

Last edited by CJ Wiley; 02-24-2013 at 10:53 PM.

I treat all shots like their the same and with the TOI Technique
Old
  (#90)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

Thumbs up I treat all shots like their the same and with the TOI Technique - 02-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstevedus View Post
I am definitely interested in why you should watch the ball go into the pocket before you get up. I have recently stumbled on some of what you are talking about with TOI by myself. Its a really long story how that came about so I won't elaborate, but needless to say, I play a lot of pool.
Pool, like life, is a series of adjustments, nothing really stays the same, so they go up and down. When I watch the ball go in the pocket it tell me how to adjust for the next shot. If I hit either side of the pocket I adjust so I'll hit the center on the next shot.

I treat all shots like their the same and with the TOI Technique I can. I don't think there's any other way to do this because you can make any shot and get any position using TOI, therefore you can MAKE the shots the same. Of course if you con't know how to do this the shots are all vastly different, especially to beginners that have been told there are thousand of shots in pool.

I see even advanced players start a match playing incredible, and run out every time....however, they're slightly off center and in time this will produce a miss, then another. If they don't know how to adjust their game will decline and they may even lose that match and not know why.

I am willing to adjust (slightly) to make sure my shots are always calibrated to the center, even if I'm making the balls I'm not satisfied unless they are hitting center.

With the TOI Technique if I"m hitting center that means I MUST be aligned to the INSIDE of the pocket and slightly deflecting it into center. This creates the 3 Part Pocket System and gives me maximum margin of error. This is what I MUST do to compete with the greatest players, I must be willing and flexible enough to adjust BEFORE it's too late. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: