2 shots Saturday night...
Old
  (#1)
Snapshot9
son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 260

2 shots Saturday night... - 05-08-2006, 03:08 PM

I shot quite a bit of Pool this last weekend, shooting in 3 little tournaments, good in 1, not so good in other 2, all handicapped. Later on, on Saturday night, I got to playing on the Challenge table down at Shooters, and the game, for the most part, was $5 a game 9 ball with other good players. I asked a player when racking if he wanted to make it $10 a game, and the rest of the night (3.5 hours), it was $10 a game with about 3-4 other players. At $10 a game, the bangers and upstarts usually just watch.

I made some shots, and my opponents did too, that drew a few comments from the railbirds, but the following 2, I felt, were 2 of the best that railbirds seemed to like the best.

The first one was this shot, and if I did not get the cue ball on the long rail
almost frozen and straight with the 6, there was no straight in shot to be made. I ended up with this position, here is what I ended up doing on my 'bite the bullet' shot::

http://CueTable.com/P/?#2Fbdb3GbIf1H...dxB4kCNk2kYxm#

The second shot was a back and forth game, no one wanting to make the 3 and quite a few 'safes' were shot on the 3 until my opponent scratched, and then here is what I did:

Using extreme low right english (lots of spin), I did this:

http://CueTable.com/P/?#1CHAf3ESyw4G...HXv1kFMg1kFMg#

I got out on both tables. Even my opponent commented more than once
about how good the 2nd shot was. I ended up just a little ahead for time spent on the challenge table.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
'Snap Lock' of the famous Lock Society
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Old
  (#2)
Gerry
AzB Silver Member
Gerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-09-2006, 04:39 AM

Nice shots, but........putting the lowest numbered ball near the 9 ball a lot of times will get you broke!

Gerry <<<never got to play in a place with a "challenge table"...sounds fun!

No short term memory and no expectation!=Dead stroke!

Old
  (#3)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

05-09-2006, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
Nice shots, but........putting the lowest numbered ball near the 9 ball a lot of times will get you broke!

Gerry <<<never got to play in a place with a "challenge table"...sounds fun!

I agree, Gerry. Knowing my luck, I would have set up a perfect 3-9 combo/carom.

With BIH, that wouldn't have been my choice either. I think thinning the 3 ball and leaving it near the head rail and sending the CB behind the cluster to nudge it might be a better shot.

Eric

No ... No ... No
Old
  (#4)
Snapshot9
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

No ... No ... No - 05-09-2006, 12:36 PM

Don't let my leaning curve on Cuetable table mislead you ... lol

I made the 3, and took the cue ball 3 total rails up behind the 5-9 frozen together to break out the 5 for almost a straight in shot uptable corner.

The 5 was not possible to make in the corner frozen to the 9 with a good
hit.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Old
  (#5)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

05-09-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshot9

I made the 3, and took the cue ball 3 total rails up behind the 5-9 frozen together to break out the 5 for almost a straight in shot uptable corner.

hit.

Then that's different than what you diagrammed originally:

http://cuetable.com/P/?#1CHAf3ESyw4G...kHXv1kFMg1kFMg

that shows the CB bouncing a half diamond off the head rail and staying there. It's misleading.

Nice shot.

Eric

Old
  (#6)
Solartje
the Brunswick BUG bit me
Solartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2006, 08:15 PM

i like the2d one, despite the 39 combo. only way it could get to be a combo if it banks in the upper right corner. id do the same.

nice going m8. seems ur playing more again. i like the spirit

J/B cue: BK2 + AIR
play cue: Bob frey fancy bacote SP leather wrap + 314
table: Custom 9ft Diamond pro

practice: 0h to 8h/week poolplayer: for 6 years

Old
  (#7)
MacGyver
AzB Silver Member
MacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond reputeMacGyver has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2006, 09:59 PM

if that 5/9 is only a 1/4 a diamond off, I bet you could throw it in... from the diagram the 9 looks playable.

Old
  (#8)
cuetable
Line Up Your Best Shot!
cuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond reputecuetable has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to cuetable 
Lightbulb 05-10-2006, 12:48 PM

Dear Scott:
With the new CueTable (05,2006) you can edit the shot easily:

1, To extend line 3 (path for 3 ball), click on its arrow head once, move the mouse to the pocket and press <a> or <=> to add a point.

2, I noticed the last point on line 3 was drawn to be a curve point. No problem, press <H> to bring up its ghostball handle. Shift+Click on it to set it to straight.

3, While the ghostballs were on, I noticed most of the balls hit into the cushion.I clicked on each one of them and use the arrow keys on the keyboard to nudge back.

4, To show you a before/after comparison, I save the changes to new page (press <D> ), checked it once and Export everything (press <E>)

http://CueTable.com/P/?#1CHAf3ESyw4G...hot_Scott!&ZZ#

Cheers
Wei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshot9

hit.

Old
  (#9)
Snapshot9

05-10-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.
Then that's different than what you diagrammed originally:

http://cuetable.com/P/?#1CHAf3ESyw4G...kHXv1kFMg1kFMg

that shows the CB bouncing a half diamond off the head rail and staying there. It's misleading.

Nice shot.

Eric
The link you provided, I never diagrammed it like that. I never had the cue ball coming off the head end rail and coming a few inches up (I noticed Cuetable has it that way, perhaps Wei did it that way). Like I said, it was ball in hand, made the 3 in uptable corner pocket using extreme low right english, and took the cue ball 3 rails up behind the 5-9 breaking the 5 out, and end up with almost straight in shot on the 5 for the uptable right corner, Yes, it was what I played to do, but I got a better than hoped for
breakout on the 5.

The 5 would not go, and you could not throw it either, and get a good hit or even a split hit. I may have diagrammed it slightly closer to the corner
pocket that it actually was.

I guess I need to spend more time practicing on CUETABLE .... LOL In
fact, I am sure I do ...

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: