Reload this Page My first good Screwing
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
My first good Screwing
Old
  (#1)
lenoxmjs
Brazilian Rosewood Fan
lenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

Thumbs down My first good Screwing - 05-12-2006, 02:13 PM

Ebay. First let me say that I have had about 30 perfect transactions but today I recieved my first good screwing.

All of you fellow Az'ers be on the look out for any item's or cues offered by M. Wold from Chino Valley, AZ know as askforbes on Ebay. Let me start by saying that I bid on a really nice Ebony Skip Weston described as new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I purchased the cue on Apr 12th and paid immediately. The next day I recieve an e-mail stating that the seller had me pay the wrong e-mail address and would like me to pay his bussiness e-mail address.

I explained that I would be happy to do so once Paypal put the money back in my account. 10 or so days pass with him e-mailing asking for payment stating that paypal has removed the money from his account and I should pay him. I call paypal to learn that the money hasn't been refunded to me because there isn't any money to take out of his account.

Now it's May 3rd I'm out my 970.00 and still no cue so I file for merchandise not recieved complaint with Paypal. They advise me that the seller has 10 days to respond.

May 5th seller sends me an E-mail saying that he is overniting the cue and he is sorry...provides a tracking number that doesn't work. I e-mail him back and get no response.

Today the cue appears out of the blue. Totally not as described. Heavily played. I don't even believe the shafts are original. The Ferruls don't match up with the shafts. Finish is crazed and lifting on shaft collers. There is a white stain on the wrap. Definately not the new skip that I bought and Paid for. Wonder if that lifetime warrentee ( since I'm the first owner ...note sarcasm) that the seller promised from skip will cover this.

I don't know if any of you know Skip personally or not but he should also look into this guy because he is claiming he knows him and has been designing and buying all of these cues from him. Including the one I now have.

Claim for a refund of my money is still pending with Paypal but now I do have the cue so I don't know what they will decide. Will keep you all posted on the outcome. Thanks for letting me vent.

Old
  (#2)
1pRoscoe
AzB Silver Member
1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-12-2006, 02:18 PM

Someone posted this stuff about the cue a month ago, wished you would've seen it prior to winning.

I remember reading the thread while that same auction was still active, but you cannot warn the bidders on a private auction....

Sorry, dude..... that sucks.

I has wood.

Old
  (#3)
lenoxmjs
Brazilian Rosewood Fan
lenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond reputelenoxmjs has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pRoscoe
Someone posted this stuff about the cue a month ago, wished you would've seen it prior to winning.

I remember reading the thread while that same auction was still active, but you cannot warn the bidders on a private auction....

Sorry, dude..... that sucks.

I saw that thread about a day after I had paid.

Old
  (#4)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

05-12-2006, 02:28 PM

BASTARDS, one day it will kick em in the ass big time!!!! Don't lose your faith in mankind because of one A-HOLE. Sorry for your loss.
Purdman

Old
  (#5)
Salamander
AzB Silver Member
Salamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2006, 02:35 PM

Sorry for your problem. I've had a couple of bad experiances through ebay. It's real hard to determine a good seller from a bad seller. Based on this guys feedback, I would have thought that you were pretty safe. At least you received something, which is better than nothing at all?? In regards to the condition of the cue, I had Skip make me two shafts for my Southwest about a year ago. The shafts turned out to be crap. The wood shrank, the ferrules cracked, tips came off, and the ringwork lifted. I have heard how terrific Skips cues are, but in this case I paid him over 300 for total junk. Despite my emails voicing disatisfaction, I never got a response back....

At any rate, I guess my point is that there is a chance that the change in climate might have caused the shafts and finish to worsen when this guy sent the cue to you? I've heard other stories about Skip's work and how the finish has lifted on his cues. I know there are a ton of Skip followers out there, but in my case, his workmanship and product was junk.

Pehaps you might have better luck getting Skip to help make it right. Otherwise, I'd send the cue and shafts to Proficient billiards and have Scott refinish it.

Best of luck,

Doug

Hmmm...
Old
  (#6)
8-ball Rat
I'll eat you alive.....
8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute8-ball Rat has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

Hmmm... - 05-12-2006, 02:39 PM

...so, can you go the "item GROSSLY misrepresented" route through E-bay or Paypal? There's protections in place for that kind of thing, right?

Either way, that sucks! Sorry to hear about your nightmare. I remember the thread about that cue when it was first listed on E-bay.....and it's a shame that ANYONE got scammed...but it's even worse when it's somebody that floats around the forums that you see day to day. Makes it more "personal," I guess.

Hope all works out for ya, man.

Take care,

Rat

Old
  (#7)
Hal
Beer Player
Hal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1900

05-12-2006, 04:03 PM

I'm glad for you that you at least got your cue. If it were me, I'd probably keep the cue and have it refinished.

Old
  (#8)
pete-biker
Heavy user
pete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond reputepete-biker has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to pete-biker  
05-12-2006, 04:07 PM

Another saying; there is always people to go into train and after that there is alwyas some persons to stay on the platform.

Life is hard and then you die.

patience is a virtue
Old
  (#9)
misterpoole
AzB Silver Member
misterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond repute

patience is a virtue - 05-12-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxmjs
Ebay. First let me say that I have had about 30 perfect transactions but today I recieved my first good screwing.

. Definately not the new skip that I bought and Paid for. Wonder if that lifetime warrentee ( since I'm the first owner ...note sarcasm) that the seller promised from skip will cover this.

Claim for a refund of my money is still pending with Paypal but now I do have the cue so I don't know what they will decide. Will keep you all posted on the outcome. Thanks for letting me vent.
Read the buyer protection policy. Then if you want to pursue getting a full refund read it again.
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...cy_pbp-outside
If you have opened the dispute because the cue is 'significantly not as described' you will need to get a third party, preferably a cuemaker, write-up an evaluation of the cue, emphasizing anything different to the ebay description. PayPal will ask you to return the cue. It will then take 30 days to get a full refund. Good luck

Last edited by misterpoole; 05-12-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Old
  (#10)
Room101
AzB Silver Member
Room101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond reputeRoom101 has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Edwards
A very sad story. I've never had any problems with eBay, but I will never again bid on a pool cue. They're has been just too many horror stories lately. Good luck.
You don't have to go that far: take a look at the thread I just posted in the Wanted/ For Sale forum about Escrow. lenox, you should see that thread too; it won't help you this time, but now that you have learned your lesson, the info I posted there will help you avoid this problem in the future.

Old
  (#11)
cueaddicts
AzB Gold Member
cueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 12000

05-12-2006, 06:31 PM

lenox,

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Had a nice screwing myself recently on ebay, so I feel your pain, brother.

Don't let this one incident discourage you, there are honest sellers out there. There just seem to be fewer and fewer of them seem to be on ebay, and ebay does nothing to truly protect the buyer. There's a moral to the story, though.....sometimes that 'good' deal on ebay might not be so good after all.

Sean

Old
  (#12)
cuetechasaurus
AzB Silver Member
cuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 808

05-12-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxmjs

All of you fellow Az'ers be on the look out for any item's or cues offered by M. Wold from Chino Valley, AZ know as askforbes on Ebay. Let me start by saying that I bid on a really nice Ebony Skip Weston described as new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I purchased the cue on Apr 12th and paid immediately. The next day I recieve an e-mail stating that the seller had me pay the wrong e-mail address and would like me to pay his bussiness e-mail address.

I explained that I would be happy to do so once Paypal put the money back in my account. 10 or so days pass with him e-mailing asking for payment stating that paypal has removed the money from his account and I should pay him. I call paypal to learn that the money hasn't been refunded to me because there isn't any money to take out of his account.

Now it's May 3rd I'm out my 970.00 and still no cue so I file for merchandise not recieved complaint with Paypal. They advise me that the seller has 10 days to respond.

May 5th seller sends me an E-mail saying that he is overniting the cue and he is sorry...provides a tracking number that doesn't work. I e-mail him back and get no response.

Today the cue appears out of the blue. Totally not as described. Heavily played. I don't even believe the shafts are original. The Ferruls don't match up with the shafts. Finish is crazed and lifting on shaft collers. There is a white stain on the wrap. Definately not the new skip that I bought and Paid for. Wonder if that lifetime warrentee ( since I'm the first owner ...note sarcasm) that the seller promised from skip will cover this.

I don't know if any of you know Skip personally or not but he should also look into this guy because he is claiming he knows him and has been designing and buying all of these cues from him. Including the one I now have.

I think the best case scenario is that you get a total refund. Is it possible to do that or is this guy going to get away with such BS??

About a year ago I had a problem on ebay. I bought a cue from the phillipines on ebay, it cost me $220 USD, it was an extremely nice cue and the brand was recommended by someone else I know. In the picture, it showed the cue lying next to a hard case, so I figured he would ship me the cue in the case, or at least some type of protection. Well the cheap bastard decides to wrap the cue up in newspaper and ship it to me, and he didn't even bother to put a 'fragile' sticker on it. When I got the cue, it certainly was a quality cue, but in the shipping process it got extremely dinged up, the pin was bent, and the shaft was cracked. I asked him why he didn't send it in a case, and he said that wasn't part of the offer. LOL he had me fooled.

-1000 Rep campaign completed. Thanks everyone

Old
  (#13)
It's George Old Owner
AzB Silver Member

It's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant futureIt's George Old Owner has a brilliant future

05-12-2006, 06:46 PM

i'm sry to hear what has happened to u..always beware of suspicious auctions on ebay..seller's rating is v.impt..hope u'll be able to resolve this issue

updated letter
Old
  (#14)
lenoxmjs
Brazilian Rosewood Fan

updated letter - 05-12-2006, 08:42 PM

Confronted seller on his lies. The summry of his reply was maybe the cue had played a few racks and if I have any problems with the Quality of the cue I should take it up directly with Skip...Funny didn't he say it was brand new and he had just recieved it. For just having recieved the cue from Skip it seems to be a date of 05 on the forearm. Mail must be really slow from NJ to AZ.

Last edited by lenoxmjs; 05-12-2006 at 08:50 PM.

Old
  (#15)
Flex
Banger
Flex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond reputeFlex has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2006, 08:50 PM

Link isn't working.

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: