Pete Omen Jump break cue report

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Pete omen break jump cue off of a member of this and the CCB forums. His name is VOODOO DADDY. aka Big Steve.

the cue arrived today and i was more than pleasantly surprised with the workmanship of this cue. i had only seen and hit with one of his playing cue in the past. And that hit really impressed me as well. real solid hit. So i went to the local pool hall and got a set of balls to break with. During the 9 ball part i averaged just about a ball each time on the break. and for 8 ball i had no problem scattering the balls and making a couple to boot.
This cue is a little heavy for my own personal taste. I like a 19.5 and i believe this cue to be around a 20. Still no big deal. And although i broke and made balls almost every time i am still not a fan of phenolic tips. that i will definately change. But if anybody out there has any doubts about an omen break or jump break. If you know someone who has one, ask to hit with it and i think you will be happy with the results, I am and i am now an Omen convert. I am looking into buying his basic cue in the future. Keep up the good work Mr Omen................................mike

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Pete makes a beautiful cue. A friend of mine plays with one, its ebony with 6 snakewood points...one of the best looking cues I've seen.
KV

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ia agree with the B/J. I like the balance on this B/J. But i am still not a fan of the phenolic tips. ........................mike

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great cues

cueball1950 said:
I bought a Pete omen break jump cue off of a member of this and the CCB forums. His name is VOODOO DADDY. aka Big Steve.

the cue arrived today and i was more than pleasantly surprised with the workmanship of this cue. i had only seen and hit with one of his playing cue in the past. And that hit really impressed me as well. real solid hit. So i went to the local pool hall and got a set of balls to break with. During the 9 ball part i averaged just about a ball each time on the break. and for 8 ball i had no problem scattering the balls and making a couple to boot.
This cue is a little heavy for my own personal taste. I like a 19.5 and i believe this cue to be around a 20. Still no big deal. And although i broke and made balls almost every time i am still not a fan of phenolic tips. that i will definately change. But if anybody out there has any doubts about an omen break or jump break. If you know someone who has one, ask to hit with it and i think you will be happy with the results, I am and i am now an Omen convert. I am looking into buying his basic cue in the future. Keep up the good work Mr Omen................................mike

Great j/b cues and a great guy. I like the extra length in the handle- it really pops over balls and short range. Nice to get a j/b with some fancy ringwork as well.

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gforces1911 said:
Great j/b cues and a great guy. I like the extra length in the handle- it really pops over balls and short range. Nice to get a j/b with some fancy ringwork as well.

There was a guy on here that was sellin them he was going to get back to me never hear from him ..About the cues .I was realy looking to get one ..who was he ? and does he have more,,???

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PM him

deadstroke32 said:
There was a guy on here that was sellin them he was going to get back to me never hear from him ..About the cues .I was realy looking to get one ..who was he ? and does he have more,,???

I would PM VoodooDaddy. I think it was him. You could always just call Pete Ohman- he got mine done in a couple of weeks. Pick the wood and pick the rings. Impeccable shipping and very easy to work with. You can customize etc.

He also follows up on what you think. He included some weight screws on both of my cues in case I wanted to add or take away weight. Very neat system- if I remember right the butt is threaded to accept the little parts of the screw and all you need is an allen wrench. It is like 1/4 of a bolt that you can just screw in if you want more etc.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
deadstroke32 said:

I believe I did get back to you and the dozens of inquires for the cues. If you PM me your email address or email me at; VooDuntGivaFk@aol.com I will send you a picture/list combo tonight when I get home, fair nuff?

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
gforces1911 said:

Yeah, the extra length works for me! I couldn't jump for anything with my Frog, but I can jump with this baby! Plus, my breaks have been really working for me now!

Barbara