Person Playing Pool Using Their Mind to See - WTF?!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
It's probably just a new aiming system for pocket billiards.
JoeyA

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WTF indeed.

I've played drunken games before where the CB is on the headstring and a buddy will knock an OB on the table so all you go off is the sound of the OB and memory of where the CB is. Tough to even hit the CB let alone hit an OB and pocket it. Throw in the fact he didn't know the layout of the table either... Probably the best thing I've ever seen on a table.

The last part too, when he was smashing vases and describing them...whilst in the dark...whilst blindfolded.

WTF pretty much sums it up, cheers for sharing.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Now, Lenny, there's got to be shows galore that provide this type of entertainment all around the Los Vegas area. As a matter of fact I saw one not long ago.
This magician would put on a blindfold that secretly held a small digital viewing screen attached to a miniature camera. A very thin wire ran from behind his ear and under his clothing to the lense mounted on the toe of his shoe.
After a great deal of fanfare he would ask for a female volunteer from the audience to come on stage where he would guess what color her underpants were. :smile:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe this to a certain degree. When one part of the brain gets damaged or turned "off" another usually becomes stronger. I believe it is the brain's way of staying in balance so that that a number of working neurons are maintained.

This is MAYBE way some savants are able to play music so well. Anyways, this could explain certain other talents like pool playing. This takes NOTHING away from SVB but it could be that because he was born deaf other senses like concentration "switched on" so as to be more powerful. Who knows what the heck is going on within our senses and brains.

Rhino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe this to a certain degree. When one part of the brain gets damaged or turned "off" another usually becomes stronger. I believe it is the brain's way of staying in balance so that that a number of working neurons are maintained.

This is MAYBE way some savants are able to play music so well. Anyways, this could explain certain other talents like pool playing. This takes NOTHING away from SVB but it could be that because he was born deaf other senses like concentration "switched on" so as to be more powerful. Who knows what the heck is going on within our senses and brains.
Concentration isn't one of the five senses. Shane's sense of touch and sight may have become enhanced, but it sure doesn't account for his success altogether.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now, Lenny, there's got to be shows galore that provide this type of entertainment all around the Los Vegas area. As a matter of fact I saw one not long ago.
This magician would put on a blindfold that secretly held a small digital viewing screen attached to a miniature camera. A very thin wire ran from behind his ear and under his clothing to the lense mounted on the toe of his shoe.
After a great deal of fanfare he would ask for a female volunteer from the audience to come on stage where he would guess what color her underpants were. :smile:
Was his name Quagmire by any chance?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I note that when he points out a ball or whatever he pretty clearly moves his head for a sideways view.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
That was pretty cool but Im not buying its all legit.;)

Around 8.09 in the video why did he grab hold of the guy as if he was setting him up to do something.Why even touch the guy?

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
Assuming it is not a trick, pretty freakin' amazing.
Thanks for posting.

RioSevario

Rivers
Silver Member
Assuming that this isn't fraud can you imagine how easy it is for him to see through clothes? That might be scary in some pool halls.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Assuming that this isn't fraud can you imagine how easy it is for him to see through clothes? That might be scary in some pool halls.

It's an old magicians trick. The blindfold was made out of gauze. Relatively easy to see through, :smile:

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
It's an old magicians trick. The blindfold was made out of gauze. Relatively easy to see through, :smile:

Now they make gauze out of leather? When did that start? Was the dark room made of gauze, too? Did you even watch the video? Let's see if you could do as well with 70% of your eyesight gone and no blindfold, gauze or otherwise! :wink:

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Has to be real - Cause I notice some people see out their ass - so this should be easy...