Tap league changes rules at random

SIKNESS89

The following is a new rule in our league that has been put into place just 6 days before the National playoffs are to start. Now on a normal year teams don't even have their rosters in before the tournament starts. Now you must be on a roster before the tournament because if you do not, our LO will not ALLOW you to join a team. My team broke up and I was going to find a new team at the titleholder but our LO had to put a stop to that, which makes no sense at all. I have ran a team non stop for 9 years. I have never been late on money and have never had a player jump on and off of my team.

Posted: September 7th, 2013 07:58 PM Edit Post Delete post Back to top
In light of what happened this past year with a few players that didn't play the fall and then got their 6 matches in (with my help on letting them play a few matches ahead of the schedule) and then dropping off the league after the Rally, I have made my mind up that I won't let this sort of abuse happen again so with that being said....

Any players on any teams that win a trip to nationals next week and ARE NOT ON A FALL ROSTER BEFORE THE PLAY OFFS BEGIN....will not be able to jump on a team roster for the fall session even if it is within the 6 week deadline.

I am not letting players use me or TAP in this way ever again. So make sure you are on a team roster before I start the play offs this coming Wednesday.

Also, any players not on a fall team and then hoping to jump on in the spring and then trying to shoot matches ahead of schedule will not be able to do this.

Show loyalty to TAP and not try to use and play the system.
CEO of Laurel Highlands TAP Adult Day Care Service "Care giving since 1997"

Now my response to this is the following .

The league says you must be on a active team to compete at Nationals. I have 6 weeks to find a new team under TAP's rules. Why in the world would a LO go out of his way and over ride TAP's rules just to hurt me and 3 of my team mates. Good news is we probably won't win a National Trip anyway. This just goes to show you what's wrong with this country.

Please leave any comments because maybe I am completely wrong on this but, to me this is just a breach of contract between myself and TAP. I agreed to play under a stated set of rules and now they are changing the rules less than a week before the tournament, just to try and cheat me out of a prize that I may or may not win.

Well after much debate the rule has been modified to the following in which I believe is fair for both parties, TAP and PLAYERS.

I will allow players to jump on a teams with the 6 week deadline if they win a trip to nationals BUT.....if they drop off of that roster after nationals and not finish the session out as the Rally players did, they will never be welcomed back to ANY TAP league.

I think this is more then reasonable. If you win the trip at least finish the session out. And I don't mean just having your name on the roster. I mean playing the rest of the session and the Titleholder.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your team broke up that should be an exception to this rule. I can see why this rule was put in place, so poeple don't try to play on 4 different teams to get a free finals trip or just hop over to a new team that does better.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The following is a new rule in our league that has been put into place just 6 days before the National playoffs are to start. Now on a normal year teams don't even have their rosters in before the tournament starts. Now you must be on a roster before the tournament because if you do not, our LO will not ALLOW you to join a team. My team broke up and I was going to find a new team at the titleholder but our LO had to put a stop to that, which makes no sense at all. I have ran a team non stop for 9 years. I have never been late on money and have never had a player jump on and off of my team.

"SAM RULLO
Administrator

Posted: September 7th, 2013 07:58 PM Edit Post Delete post Back to top
In light of what happened this past year with a few players that didn't play the fall and then got their 6 matches in (with my help on letting them play a few matches ahead of the schedule) and then dropping off the league after the Rally, I have made my mind up that I won't let this sort of abuse happen again so with that being said....

Any players on any teams that win a trip to nationals next week and ARE NOT ON A FALL ROSTER BEFORE THE PLAY OFFS BEGIN....will not be able to jump on a team roster for the fall session even if it is within the 6 week deadline.

I am not letting players use me or TAP in this way ever again. So make sure you are on a team roster before I start the play offs this coming Wednesday.

Also, any players not on a fall team and then hoping to jump on in the spring and then trying to shoot matches ahead of schedule will not be able to do this.

Show loyalty to TAP and not try to use and play the system.

Now my response to this is the following .

The league says you must be on a active team to compete at Nationals. I have 6 weeks to find a new team under TAP's rules. Why in the world would a LO go out of his way and over ride TAP's rules just to hurt me and 3 of my team mates. Good news is we probably won't win a National Trip anyway. This just goes to show you what's wrong with this country.

Please leave any comments because maybe I am completely wrong on this but, to me this is just a breach of contract between myself and TAP. I agreed to play under a stated set of rules and now they are changing the rules less than a week before the tournament, just to try and cheat me out of a prize that I may or may not win.

So you can jump on anotherteam if yours doesn't qualify also? Did you sign a contract.I don't think this shows anything about our country. It's ****ing pool.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy playing TAP, I enjoy nationals, I like the rally event.

Sam is by FAR the worst PR person ever. (Online)

He isn't so bad if you go up to him and ask a question though.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your team broke up that should be an exception to this rule. I can see why this rule was put in place, so poeple don't try to play on 4 different teams to get a free finals trip or just hop over to a new team that does better.

But it's great that players can play on different teams. Every time they play, it cost $7-$10 to play a match. So the more teams you play on, the more money goes into TAP.

Playing on different teams is also a good way to adjust your handicap. Shoot great on one team...and play terrible on the other team to keep your handicap down.

Some players will play on 3 or 4 teams, so they have a better chance at winning the money at a title holder and the trip to the Nationals. Believe me, the more teams you play on, the better it will be in more ways than one.

None of this is free. You pay a yearly dues of $20, then pay at least $7 per week when you play and you must play a minimum of 6 weeks, then there is a charge per/team to play in the title holders and the trip to the Nationals.

And besides all this, you might be forced to rent a room at a certain motel.

So in reality, no trip to the Nationals is free.

If you play on a lot of teams, you might have a huge advantage when playing for the money and the trip.:thumbup:

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But it's great that players can play on different teams. Every time they play, it cost $7-$10 to play a match. So the more teams you play on, the more money goes into TAP.

Playing on different teams is also a good way to adjust your handicap. Shoot great on one team...and play terrible on the other team to keep your handicap down.

Some players will play on 3 or 4 teams, so they have a better chance at winning the money at a title holder and the trip to the Nationals. Believe me, the more teams you play on, the better it will be in more ways than one.

None of this is free. You pay a yearly dues of $20, then pay at least $7 per week when you play and you must play a minimum of 6 weeks, then there is a charge per/team to play in the title holders and the trip to the Nationals.

And besides all this, you might be forced to rent a room at a certain motel.

So in reality, no trip to the Nationals is free.

If you play on a lot of teams, you might have a huge advantage when playing for the money and the trip.:thumbup:

You listed the reaons yourself why players should not be allowed on multiple teams.

Playing well one day and bad another is sandbagging, playing on two matches allows you to keep the team wins up while keeping the personal handicap down. That's pretty much cheating.

Playing on different teams cheapens being part of a team, what if the two teams have to play eachother or are close in standings. What's to prevent someone from dumping a match to ensure his other team does better in the standings?

The only time it should be possible to play on different teams is if they are in different divisions and the ranking does not go across, like a 9 ball ranking vs an 8 ball rank. If you play on a 9 ball team and on an 8 ball team that don't play each other, have different playoffs and different rankings, that would work.

hlymnstr14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, i have a question for you, sikness 89.

why did you leave boldin on your bench this week? :wave: