Europeans taking over

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at the last 32 of the world 9 ball and nearly half the field are Europeans. Are we seeing a switch in the power base?

Yet the fact remains that the Europeans doing well are (often) the ones that base themselves in America..

The Mosconi cup is coming, do America have a chance at all?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Europeans and Pinoys both have a governing body that supports professional pool. :)

America does not. :shakehead:

One reason why the existing lot of American professional players continues to dwindle with a low representation at world events.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Pretty simple if you pay attention at the tournaments... The euros are all hanging out together every night bantering and matching up for cheap or for pride while the Americans play the lone gunslinger role......

We have eaten our young for so long in the States that we have very few tadpoles make it to be frogs.....

The best you will ever get is when you have peers to match up with every night.... Now imagine all of your peers are world class.........

Chris

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty simple if you pay attention at the tournaments... The euros are all hanging out together every night bantering and matching up for cheap or for pride while the Americans play the lone gunslinger role......

We have eaten our young for so long in the States that we have very few tadpoles make it to be frogs.....

The best you will ever get is when you have peers to match up with every night.... Now imagine all of your peers are world class.........

Chris

The euros are good tourney players. That's about as far as it goes.
The pinoys are the cash players without a doubt.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
The euros are good tourney players. That's about as far as it goes.
The pinoys are the cash players without a doubt.

Used to be I would agree.... Theses days pick your Pinoy and you can likely get played by a Euro........ Not saying you won't have the best of it but Conway will put Shaw in the box against anyone you throw... and rightly so.... Only thing is we wanna stream it......

Chris

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used to be I would agree.... Theses days pick your Pinoy and you can likely get played by a Euro........ Not saying you won't have the best of it but Conway will put Shaw in the box against anyone you throw... and rightly so.... Only thing is we wanna stream it......

Chris

Shaw can't beat none of the pinoys. Come on man. kids ok, but way to cocky and overrated. Lol.
I'm sure if he wanted to play them he could be like everyone else and go to the Philippines and get plenty of action. And probably get played by some he never even heard of.

I've staked one pinoy before, it was Busty. I'm no stakehorse, but I like to bet on matches.

I won't even comment on this again, as its disrespectful to the pinoys to even consider Shaw in the same breath as them

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
The euro darts has a crowd! I could only imagine if pool and darts was like this in the USA....why is it that the #1 country in the world has no pool and darts circuit like most country's....? poor country's has us beat in pool&darts!

http://m.wimp.com/dartfinish/

Rob.M

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The euro darts has a crowd! I could only imagine if pool and darts was like this in the USA....why is it that the #1 country in the world has no pool and darts circuit like most country's....? poor country's has us beat in pool&darts!

http://m.wimp.com/dartfinish/

Rob.M

I went to a PDC dart world championships event last year. Apart from the paraolympic athletics, which I also went to last year, it is without doubt the best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a sporting event in my life.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Europeans and Pinoys both have a governing body that supports professional pool. :)

America does not. :shakehead:

One reason why the existing lot of American professional players continues to dwindle with a low representation at world events.

The governing body in the Philippines is just for show Jenny, and they're there just to line up their pockets. It is the private sector that keeps pool alive there.

The up-and-coming pool players has to prove himself through money action. He has to show he has what it takes for the stake horses to consider backing him in the future. It can be money games or tournaments abroad. OJT for up and comers is gambling straight away, not unlike Taiwan where pool is in their school curriculum and encouraged to the kids...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The governing body in the Philippines is just for show Jenny, and they're there just to line up their pockets. It is the private sector that keeps pool alive there.

The up-and-coming pool players has to prove himself through money action. He has to show he has what it takes for the stake horses to consider backing him in the future. It can be money games or tournaments abroad. OJT for up and comers is gambling straight away, not unlike Taiwan where pool is in their school curriculum and encouraged to the kids...

Sounds like what we have here with the BCA, just for show, sad to say.:frown:

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Its also a question of numbers. How many europeans played in this WC? And how many US players? The quality is deep in US, so if more than 4 players went abroad to play, I am certain that not only SVB would make a mark.

Europe will still win the Mosconi though, I have 100 from Fatboy coming :)

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of em. It's a long list of champions in the Philippines. Shaws only accomplishment is flapping his gums,like his stakehorse.

He was a world champion of English pool long before taking up this game and when he did that, he dominated in the UK and then Europe.

He was playing pool for his country from about aged 11/12

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love to see Shaw match up with Carlo Biado. Carlo beat yesterday Souquet yesterday and is currently leading over SVB 5 to 1 on an alternate break format.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
i'd want to see shaw vs "bubwit". :smile:

*Tagalog word "bubwit" in means "small mouse".

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
He was a world champion of English pool long before taking up this game and when he did that, he dominated in the UK and then Europe.

He was playing pool for his country from about aged 11/12

Your username is somewhat misleading considering the above statement :) Shaw is a great player, but he hasn't dominated american pool in UK or on the Eurotour.

He has never won a Eurotour stop. Too many strong players in Europe. Nobody is able to dominate.