Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page "Raising the Hustler" lock or not?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
"Raising the Hustler" lock or not?
Old
  (#1)
Chicagoplayer
AzB Gold Member
Chicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoplayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Exclamation "Raising the Hustler" lock or not? - 09-13-2013, 03:27 PM

Hello all,

Let's say you knew someone had taken the time to find,
then travel,
then interview and film the greatest players in the world,
both on and off the table, in action and in tournament play,
those passed on (32 have passed by my count, and of those 32, 28 on film) and those still living,
as well casual life and personal moments and did the same thing with the industry side of pool
and then
went to the professional golfers at the FedEx Cup-Cog Hill to draw comparisons between our sports (and then meet a 6'4'' Gail Boudreaux, former WPGA and WNBA star and her family-who play pool-who now is currently the President of United Health Care Insurance IL.)
and then
go with Barry Hearn, the owner of Matchroom Sport to
The World Dart Championships to show how Barry Hearn turns a tournament into an event, as myself and Brandon Shuff and 4 of the producers of "Britain's Got Talent", "X Factor" and the owner of 888.com watch the spectacle that is a Matchroom Sport production as well as 2 years unfettered access to every Matchroom event around the globe, including practice room moments, before and after matches, dinners and behind the scenes moments.
now take a girl who grew up in the Chicago rooms
where TCOM were filmed, watching and playing pool with the legends of the sport like "Bugs", "Jet" Billy I, Larry S., Chris G., Joey G., Freddy B., "Piggy", Sang Lee, Rafael M., Rudolfo L., Santos S. to name a few
Now, instill in her the desire to elevate the sport to the level that it merits and prevent her beloved mentors from ever dying broke and penniless again, by the woes of life or by their own hands.

I am blinded by my love for all of you, even the most wretched pessimistic, unappreciative, cons, knockers and haters.
There is love in my heart for you, because you've had to endure,
even if that meant giving up your dignity, your morals and your loyalties to chase a dollar or to chase a thrill or both.

I have had people from within our community piss on my parade,
saying that we weren't worth investing consideration in or saving.
"We" aren't worth it?

We have some of the greatest talent and thinking minds in the world,
strong enough to rival the military strategists of any country
and we're not worth it???

It is because I know pool,
I love pool and the people who play, the way I do,
that I have spent the time, money, and energy to film these moments.
I am sitting on 7years and 600 hours of gold that I am creating
"Raising the Hustler" from with The Making of RTH" chapters to follow that couldn't be included in the film.

So my question to you is-
how many of you feel this is a "lock"

film
Old
  (#2)
lakeman77
AzB Silver Member
lakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

film - 09-13-2013, 03:36 PM

I've done several documentary photographic projects. not exactly the same but similar.
what you have means a lot to you and other pool players. and that's where it ends.
if you took the three lead actors out of TCOM, nobody would have watched it, other than pool players.
you need a plot: who wants what from whom, how are they going to get it, and why now.
a few pretty faces, sex and drugs.
otherwise it's a PBS sleeper. IMO.
good luck, wish you all the best, hope it works

Old
  (#3)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2013, 03:39 PM

I would watch it. The footage you have alone would be a pleasure to see. Good luck in your endeavors.

Old
  (#4)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-13-2013, 03:46 PM

A hanging game ball is not a lock. But it certainly sounds very interesting I would certainly watch but what about the non pool playing public?

Answer....?????????????

Best of Luck & Wishes!

Old
  (#5)
JCIN
TheActionReport.com
JCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to JCIN  
09-13-2013, 04:09 PM

I just hope some of the footage sees the light of day.

I dont know how you take 600 hours and turn it into 90 minutes but I'll pay to watch it if you do.

I know you have some great stuff. I also know how hard it is to get that available for people to see and how little money there is at the end of it. Best of luck to you on the project I look forward to seeing it.

Old
  (#6)
Masirib5
Klaatu barada nikto
Masirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8350

09-13-2013, 04:12 PM

I think it is a lock if your presentation is great! I'm looking forward to anything that you come up with!

I wish you all the best success!!!

--Jeff

Klaatu barada nikto

i've been waiting to see some of this
Old
  (#7)
curlyscues
we're watching
curlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond reputecurlyscues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 340

i've been waiting to see some of this - 09-13-2013, 04:29 PM

ever since i first noticed this pretty girl with a video camera filming everything at every tournament i went to in the last few years, i've wanted to see some of the footage.

she filmed everything. the players, the fans, the venders, the directors, instructors, cue makers, even filmed people who were filming the matches.

with all the great footage that has been captured, this should be a real treat. (with the possible exception of some footage of some scruffy old streamer.)

M.C.

Live Streaming

"Streaming is not for the faint of heart"---Jcin

Old
  (#8)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-13-2013, 04:47 PM

How can it not be a lock? You made it

Old
  (#9)
fasteddief
AzB Silver Member
fasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond repute

Smile 09-13-2013, 05:27 PM

I've been around Pool for over 50 years.I grew up in pool rooms and loved every minute of it. I think your going to be very successful when you're done because in every walk of live, people are people, pool players are people and almost everybody loves characters and the reason I love pool is because of the characters.This could be bigger then anything that was ever done in POOL Wishing you GOOD LUCK and may all your dreams come true. Your biggest fan, FastEddieF.

Old
  (#10)
RunOut Apps
AzB Silver Member
RunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2013, 05:35 PM

Don't stop until it's done.

Old
  (#11)
Put_upor_shutup
AzB Silver Member
Put_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2013, 05:37 PM

I would watch for sure ..I always wanted to see stuff like that..

See this table [pointing to a coffee table], there is hardly a man that canít stand up on this table and walk from one end to the other. But put that table 500 feet in the air and you couldnít get him to stand on the table. Itís the same table, itís just his imagination that has control over him at that particular time and he doesnít want to get on the table. -Jaffar 'Patch Eye' Basheer(onepocket.org interview)

7 Years?
Old
  (#12)
bob c
In the Eye of the Storm
bob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond reputebob c has a reputation beyond repute

7 Years? - 09-13-2013, 05:47 PM

Has it really only been 7 years? It seems like a lot longer that you've been hanging in Chicago's pool rooms with camera in hand. Good luck finally bringing it all together.

Old
  (#13)
Put_upor_shutup
AzB Silver Member
Put_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2013, 05:58 PM

I played a kid in Chicago the other day. Like 2 weeks ago at red shoes. U were not there that day were u?

See this table [pointing to a coffee table], there is hardly a man that canít stand up on this table and walk from one end to the other. But put that table 500 feet in the air and you couldnít get him to stand on the table. Itís the same table, itís just his imagination that has control over him at that particular time and he doesnít want to get on the table. -Jaffar 'Patch Eye' Basheer(onepocket.org interview)

Old
  (#14)
freddy the beard
Freddy Bentivegna
freddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2013, 04:25 AM

Baby girl, it's a cinch!

Freddy the Beard

Bank on, brother!

100s of pgs of pool goodness on my site
www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Old
  (#15)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

09-14-2013, 04:59 AM

I'm in like Flynn. Can't wait to see it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: