Whats your favorite tip tool

dimonsterb

Registered
Hi Az'ers
I lost my favorite tip tool for shaping my tip to a dime radius and have gotten a few other tools and I am not happy yet either that don't shape straight(probably me not holding them straight or they do a sucky job. Any help would be great!!

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
The Cue Shark Pup. Can't beat it.
You know, I can see this thread turning in a whole different direction any second, eh...

ShanksMcShankly

Grid Lock
Silver Member
I like the Ultimate tip tool with the dime and nickel shapes on opposite sides. It also has the sides to trim and burnish then the pick pad as well. It's meant to lay flat then you just screw the cue into it standing straight up, caveman style. That's my favorite tip tool I've used.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Az'ers
I lost my favorite tip tool for shaping my tip to a dime radius and have gotten a few other tools and I am not happy yet either that don't shape straight(probably me not holding them straight or they do a sucky job. Any help would be great!!

Some sandpaper and a file. I scuff and shape the tip with the sandpaper and may pat the tip a bit with the file. The a piece of leather to burnish the edges.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
My favorite tip tool is my lathe. Favorite that fits in a case pocket is a square of 80 or 120 grit sandpaper.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
The Willard's. Nickel, or dime, your choice. :)

Attachments

• willards tip tool.jpg
    willards tip tool.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 524

Banks

Banned
I usually have my Atrox in my bag. Only problem is.. I only bother shaping my tip about once a year. :eek:

atrox.jpg

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
last 4 ever is my favorite
http://www.last4ever.net/
it will do more than the willard .......such as
scuff /trim mushrooming /and burnishing the tip
for shaping only i like the willard also

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I like Triangles, but please don't call me a tool!!! :thumbup::D:D:D

Maniac (answering the title of this thread)