Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Moderators Please Change your Rules in the F/S Wanted Section
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Moderators Please Change your Rules in the F/S Wanted Section
Old
  (#1)
Bigkahuna
It's Good For Your Game!
Bigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond reputeBigkahuna has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 375

Moderators Please Change your Rules in the F/S Wanted Section - 10-26-2013, 04:50 AM

I posted an Item in the For Sale Wanted section a few days ago and apparently priced it too low. It was not my intention to do so nor was I trying to create an auction.

A couple of people offered the asking price one with $20 shipping (which wasn't enough) and one $200 I pay shipping. Neither of these offer were acceptable to me so I refused them both.

I decided I priced the item too low and changed to best offer. Apparently I kicked the hornets nest there.

The first two PMs I had started saying there was an agreement and that they were the first to respond and that they should get the item (there was no agreement by me to either person.)

Others were saying by the rules in that portion of AZB I needed to sell to the first person who PMd me.

I read the rules and saw that was not the case.

By the end of the day I had made an agreement with another person that was fair to me and fair to him. That person is the third PM and the item is no it's way to him. Yes it was for more than the initial price.

I had other offers afterwards but made an obligation to the third person to PM me.

What ensued after that was the worst experience I have had selling something in my life to include a good many personal attacks and construed scenarios about what really happened.

There were a good many members who had the "integrity" to personally attack me and also suggest in no uncertain terms what I am obligated to do.

So, may I suggest the following rules be added to the F/S Wanted section so there will not be confusion in the future.

If you have posted an item for sale you must sell to the first person who sends you a PM agreeing to your price.

A message saying "I'll take it" shall constitute an agreement of all terms and conditions of the sale.

The conditions of the sale including payment terms and shipping methods shall be determined by the buyer.

If you did not say plus shipping this must be included in the price.

If you said plus shipping the shipping cost shall be determined by the buyer.

You may not be allowed to refuse the first person who sent a PM even if you think it might be a bad experience.

No price adjustmnents shall be made in any sale upwards or downwards.

If you do not comply to these rules you must send the item to the first person who sent a PM for free with an apology for your abhorent and unethical behavoir.

Gentlemen I hope this avoids confusion in the future. Have a nice weekend.

Playing cue: Falcon w Predator 314 first gen.
Break cue: Purple Heart Stealth Jump Break
Table: Antique Oliver Briggs 4.25" pockets
Check out some work I am doing to and old antique table
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=87941

If it's the early worm that gets the bird sleep in late.

Old
  (#2)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-26-2013, 04:58 AM

Don't like it.. I reserve the right to sell to whom ever I choose to for what ever price I choose to sell it for. There are people on here that I would rather set the item on fire then go through the pain in the ass of selling them something. I think your to thin skinned ...who cares if some people acted like an ass. Ignore it.. it's the internet and unfortunately people have a tendency to act like that because they don't have to look you in the eye when they say it.

and just to add ..why did you need to put this up in the main forum? Private message the admin with your suggestions. this is unnecessary.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#3)
Pathetic Shark
Banned
Pathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkahuna View Post
I posted an Item in the For Sale Wanted section a few days ago and apparently priced it too low.
Which item?

Old
  (#4)
jburkm002
AzB Silver Member
jburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-26-2013, 06:28 AM

Maybe he wanted opinions. I see both sides. You list an item at a price and somehow you immediately you want more for the item. That doesn't sound right. I can see where that may happen but lets say someone sends a PM saying they will pay full asking price. Now someone send another PM saying they will pay full asking price. You reply with sorry just got a buyer. The second guy say well I will give you more. So selling can be like well heck I prefer more money and tells the first guy sorry but I can get more. I guess that makes all items auctions. I hate when guys don't even have a price. Make an offer. That's a true auction. Don't know what right. It's your product.

F/s
Old
  (#5)
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond repute

F/s - 10-26-2013, 07:33 AM

Bigkahuna
You have one sale and ??????????????????

You were given the freedom to post your thread .
The out come upset some people, It was your post. your thread. You where the captain and you beached your boat. Dammit.

And now you are out to prove what ? It wasn't your fault.

OK I totally understand. Cow a Bunga dude

MMike
I just love it when people start getting stress over the holidays.

MMike

Old
  (#6)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 08:42 AM

Do we really need a rule that points out that it's bad to list an item for a price and then not sell it at that price because someone offers more? If you don't know what your stuff is worth, ask first in the other sections or put it on ebay.

Old
  (#7)
PolarBear
AzB Silver Member
PolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond reputePolarBear has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 09:52 AM

O.P. is full of <sarcasm>

Old
  (#8)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

10-26-2013, 10:10 AM

It's unusual for a sale on a $200 case to bring out the lynch mob like your sale did.
The original post could of been handled better to say the least, and most people know what they're doing before they hit the submit button.
It's your sale, you sold the case and made a few extra bucks, and maintained your position as set forth in the elusive Post No. 34.

player...Paul Mottey, John Showman, Larry Vigus
player...Barry Szamboti, South West, Runde Schon
player...A-E, Lomax, Phillippi, Kenny Murrell
player...Harvey Martin, Terry McFadden, Jacoby
player...Bob Owen, Paul Drexler, Woodworth
player...Dave Jones, Predator, Loveland Customs
breaker.Judd Fuller
jumper..Jacoby Jumper
shooter..Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.....Spyderco Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#9)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 10:11 AM

AZ Readers.....don't buy into BK's bullshit.

If you are seriously interested in learning what happened, you should read all the posts, especially Post #34 that this guy thinks exonerates him......Hah.

Then continue reading further and see how his explanation gets shredded by other AZ posters, including the some of Azers who said they buy the case. And Hunter's post is the best rebuttal of BK's abhorrent behavior. While it is true that any seller can back out or turn down any offers and can change his price anytime but is that the type of person you'd want to do business with on the Forum?????

The Forum operates on the principles of a handshake, if you know what I mean and obviously, BK doesn't. Your spoken and written words and the actions you subsequently take determine how much integrity or sense of mortality you genuinely possess. BK's explanation is skewed, misrepresents the facts and he's trying to salvage what's left of his reputation on AZ for which he doesn't have any. And now BK in the future will be known to be on the same rung as Tony Zinzola's reputation.

And BK proclaims on the original thread that he's done with the Forum and he's finished doing business here.....and then he come here afterwards to whine about the shit storm he solely and entirely created with his original sale thread many of us read and his cover-up efforts to disguise the truth with the changes he made to the original thread etc.......Hey Bk......here's a tip...........when you try to get rid of the body, make sure you add 2 lbs of lye for every lb of body weight or the corpse will be found...........you should have used more lye on your original post because we remember what you originally wrote. Please BK ....please.......please.......just follow up on your statement and go away from the Forum as you stated you'd do.....oh, but wait, we've been down that road before with you before with your original post so we should know that you can't be relied upon.

Moderators....don't believe this charlatan.......Azers......this guy is bad news......stay away.....you've been warned and now it's on you.

p.s. The rules do not need changing on the Forum as BK thinks.....only he needs to change...........the Forum works because of good people and he's obviously not one of them......read all the posts and his recital of "contract law"..........this guy is a jerk.......a man is measured by his actions, not his words........BK is a not a good person to trust.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Last edited by Bavafongoul; 10-26-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Old
  (#10)
lakeman77
AzB Silver Member
lakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

10-26-2013, 12:11 PM

I don't like it either. rule number 1 - until you get their, money you have nothing. rule number 2 - there are some people I wouldn't deal with no matter what they offer.
it's your item, you are the decider.

Old
  (#11)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman77 View Post
I don't like it either. rule number 1 - until you get their, money you have nothing. rule number 2 - there are some people I wouldn't deal with no matter what they offer.
it's your item, you are the decider.
plus for you sir

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#12)
dom_poppa
Banned
dom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 03:51 PM

Cliff Notes to the OP's saga......

1.) Puts a case for sale for $200

2.) A buyer PM's him that he will take it.

3.) OP finds out that he can get more so he decides to let it go to the best offer.

4.) OP then goes to say he didn't expect to get $100 for it.

5.) OP goes and EDIT his original sales post and jacks up the price to $250

Old
  (#13)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I just love it when people start getting stress over the holidays.
Seriously Mike. If I were to come for a visit, is there any morgues that we can hang at for a day. Maybe stitch up a couple of post mortems together over a couple of beer.

Maybe do an embalming. I cut, you pump. Put some blue food coloring in the Porta Boy. That should be good for a laugh or two.

We could put a target on the wall and have a trocar throwing contest, just like the good ole days.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#14)
Pathetic Shark
Banned
Pathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond reputePathetic Shark has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 04:09 PM

Where is this thread?

Old
  (#15)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2013, 04:41 PM

El Disappearo.

I checked his Threads Started. No where to be seen so was probably deleted by the Mods.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: