Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Anyone going to the Derby that has a DBK cue?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Anyone going to the Derby that has a DBK cue?
Old
  (#1)
ddadams
Absolutely love this cue.
ddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Anyone going to the Derby that has a DBK cue? - 01-07-2014, 05:05 PM

If anyone is going to the Derby and has a DBK cue with a hornbeam shaft, would ya be willing to bring it to let me try a rack or two with it?

I'll letcha hit a few with my Sugartree I'm gonna be bringing if you like?

All pm's or replies appreciated.

Danny

Looking for this CA$H cue. PM me with any information!
http://www.pccues.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=742

Looking to buy an old TAR Sugartree shirt. Several if possible.

Regards,
Danny Adamopoulos

Old
  (#2)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Jimmy Baxter might have a few left as he used to deal with Dmitry (sp).

He brought several to Vegas one year and I tried all of them. all were A OK in my book.

I was drooling on them. Now without a hall any longer, my custom cue days are over until
we get another but I would consider a DBK any day of the week.

I doubt that you would be disappointed in any of his cues.

Thats the best I can do to let you know about the quality and playability of them. The Craftsmanship is flawless. When yer holding a DBK in your hand, you know what you have and don't have to guess.

I think that Jimmy may have been taking it easy on me that day but I did manage to squeak in a few good wins using a DBK.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 01-07-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Old
  (#3)
Jim Baxter
AzB Silver Member

Jim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

01-07-2014, 05:28 PM

I have one in stalk , but cant go anywhere , to busy takeing care of my wife . Sorry , jim

Custom Joint Protectors for Sale

Contact info Ph. 253-226-0932 Never text me ................ Email jbaxte@earthlink.net

Old
  (#4)
ddadams
ddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond reputeddadams has a reputation beyond repute

01-07-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Baxter View Post
I have one in stalk , but cant go anywhere , to busy takeing care of my wife . Sorry , jim
Don't apologize for doing the right thing. I hope she gets better soon and I wish both of you well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
Jimmy Baxter might have a few left as he used to deal with Dmitry (sp).

He brought several to Vegas one year and I tried all of them. all were A OK in my book.

I was drooling on them. Now without a hall any longer, my custom cue days are over until
we get another but I would consider a DBK any day of the week.

I doubt that you would be disappointed in any of his cues.

Thats the best I can do to let you know about the quality and playability of them. The Craftsmanship is flawless. When yer holding a DBK in your hand, you know what you have and don't have to guess.

I think that Jimmy may have been taking it easy on me that day but I did manage to squeak in a few good wins using a DBK.
I'm pretty picky on a lot of little details and when I first saw his cues I knew that I had to have one, but I really am curious if I'll like the hornbeam shafts or not. It's a little expensive experiment for me to just order one and hope I like it.

Ideally I'd like to try one for at least a few minutes just to see if it's something I really like, then I'd most likely order a pretty large cue...

I really think his cues are above and beyond for his pricing, I just wish I actually knew people with them..

Regards,
Danny Adamopoulos

Old
  (#5)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-07-2014, 11:46 PM

I can't remember 100% but with the cues Jim had with him, one must had had a Horn Beam shaft. They call it Horn Beam but I think that we have the equivalent in wood, just another name. Now I can't even remember the name of the wood. That doesn't help much does it. I remember that one of the shafts had points cut into it. Very pretty.

All the cues had a very crisp hit. Very distinctive. I'm not quite so sure that I own one that comes close. They were all the same with no drastic variances that you would be able to pick out.

So for myself, it wouldn't be as much as having to pick out the best playing cue as much as picking out the one that I liked the looks of better. And that in itself would have been a tough one.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 01-07-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Old
  (#6)
jhanso18
Broken Lock
jhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2328

01-08-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddadams View Post
Don't apologize for doing the right thing. I hope she gets better soon and I wish both of you well.

I'm pretty picky on a lot of little details and when I first saw his cues I knew that I had to have one, but I really am curious if I'll like the hornbeam shafts or not. It's a little expensive experiment for me to just order one and hope I like it.

Ideally I'd like to try one for at least a few minutes just to see if it's something I really like, then I'd most likely order a pretty large cue...

I really think his cues are above and beyond for his pricing, I just wish I actually knew people with them..
How long before you just start making your own Danny? I think you have a serious cue addiction, and the folks here are just feeding your problem. I think you might need an intervention...

Can't wait to hear your thought if you get to try on out buddy! I am not going to make the derby this year... My wife said if I leave her here with our first kid for a week while she's pregnant, she'll make sure I can't maker her that way again, whatever that means... I figured I better stay home.

All the best, Good luck in your search!!!

~ Keith Kues ~
They are truly "old school" made with no CNC, no pantographs, no veneers and about 55 gallons of coffee. ~ Keith Hanssen
www.keithkues.com

[

Old
  (#7)
Jim Baxter
AzB Silver Member

Jim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

01-08-2014, 10:14 AM

The Hornbeam shafts do have a stiff hit . Very crisp, like what Terry says , the one cue I have here has points , Dmitry call it a Crown shaft . He uses a ivorine 4 ferrel , and Morri M tips .

If you was to buy the cue I have here , and not like it , return it in 10 days for a full refund , minus the return shipping costs .

Jim

Custom Joint Protectors for Sale

Contact info Ph. 253-226-0932 Never text me ................ Email jbaxte@earthlink.net

Old
  (#8)
ddadams

01-08-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
So for myself, it wouldn't be as much as having to pick out the best playing cue as much as picking out the one that I liked the looks of better. And that in itself would have been a tough one.
I have no doubt they're good players, that's why I want to try one so bad - I wanna know just how good they stack up against my two favorite playing cues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanso18 View Post
How long before you just start making your own Danny? I think you have a serious cue addiction, and the folks here are just feeding your problem. I think you might need an intervention...

Can't wait to hear your thought if you get to try on out buddy! I am not going to make the derby this year... My wife said if I leave her here with our first kid for a week while she's pregnant, she'll make sure I can't maker her that way again, whatever that means... I figured I better stay home.

All the best, Good luck in your search!!!
Hey bud where you get off coming on here acting like a cue addiction is a bad thing?

I've asked Brent a whole bunch when he's gonna start teaching me. He'll budge eventually. I'd rather play though.

I DO want to try your cue out though. I'm not sure I want something as stiff as a purple heart shaft though. But I do like the wood.

I'm not *that* addicted to cues... A quick count off of the top of my head only counts about 13-14 more that I want.

There may be another 10 I've forgotten about, (as I'm typing this I remember a few more here and there) but I'm sure it'll never get into the hundreds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Baxter View Post
The Hornbeam shafts do have a stiff hit . Very crisp, like what Terry says , the one cue I have here has points , Dmitry call it a Crown shaft . He uses a ivorine 4 ferrel , and Morri M tips .

If you was to buy the cue I have here , and not like it , return it in 10 days for a full refund , minus the return shipping costs .

Jim

This is a very tempting offer. I might end up taking you up on this if nobody can help me out on this.

Regards,
Danny Adamopoulos

Old
  (#9)
jhanso18
Broken Lock
jhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2328

01-08-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddadams View Post
I h

I'm not *that* addicted to cues... A quick count off of the top of my head only counts about 13-14 more that I want.

There may be another 10 I've forgotten about, (as I'm typing this I remember a few more here and there) but I'm sure it'll never get into the hundreds.
s.
This is how it starts. I only want like 1 to 15 or 20 more, then BAM, you end up one of the big dogs with a closet full of cues!!!!

My purple heart shaft was the stiffest hitting cue I EVER hit. I broke 34mph with it once!!!! (according to break speed ap... But I also recorded a 31mph and two 30mph)

I hear you. I get little nuggets of knowledge from Keith all the time. I think I can almost recite the steps to making a cue, but I've never even touched a machine lathe. I use to do a bunch of wood working when I was younger, so I would like to try it out. maybe someday!!!

All the best my friend!!!

~ Keith Kues ~
They are truly "old school" made with no CNC, no pantographs, no veneers and about 55 gallons of coffee. ~ Keith Hanssen
www.keithkues.com

[

Old
  (#10)
ddadams

01-08-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanso18 View Post
This is how it starts. I only want like 1 to 15 or 20 more, then BAM, you end up one of the big dogs with a closet full of cues!!!!

My purple heart shaft was the stiffest hitting cue I EVER hit. I broke 34mph with it once!!!! (according to break speed ap... But I also recorded a 31mph and two 30mph)

I hear you. I get little nuggets of knowledge from Keith all the time. I think I can almost recite the steps to making a cue, but I've never even touched a machine lathe. I use to do a bunch of wood working when I was younger, so I would like to try it out. maybe someday!!!

All the best my friend!!!
Hell man, I don't use a hard break but thats FAST. Huge transfer of energy...

Any DBKs coming to the DCC?

Regards,
Danny Adamopoulos

Old
  (#11)
Big-Tattoo
I'm back
Big-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond repute

01-08-2014, 10:46 PM

sorry Bud, but the chick's not let me go
mine plays super b

Name: Ralf- the Man in the Middle with his lovely Thai Girls

Old
  (#12)
ddadams

01-09-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Tattoo View Post
sorry Bud, but the chick's not let me go
mine plays super b
Wish you were going! I really want to find one to try out.

Regards,
Danny Adamopoulos

Old
  (#13)
ddadams

01-11-2014, 06:29 AM

Back to the top

Regards,
Danny Adamopoulos

Big Tattoo
Old
  (#14)
ziggystardust
AzB Silver Member
ziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond reputeziggystardust has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

Wink Big Tattoo - 01-11-2014, 08:37 AM

Hey...Help the guy out. Just send a couple of your girls to the derby with the cue. Sounds like a win-win situation for everyone.

Old
  (#15)
ddadams

01-13-2014, 04:30 AM

Back to the top again

Regards,
Danny Adamopoulos

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: