Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page A Question for Thomas Wayne

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
A Question for Thomas Wayne
Old
  (#1)
TheCutShot
AzB Silver Member
TheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutShot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

A Question for Thomas Wayne - 01-11-2014, 05:20 AM

Recently there was a thread about Thomas Wayne cues on the forum. I have been a fan of his work since I saw an article about his Cues in Pool & Billiard mag. sometime back in the mid 90's. After reading the article, I tried to find more info about him and his cues, it was darn near impossible at the time and there is still very limited info available today. I have found out that he does more than build beautiful cues, he has also worked with Knife Makers and Furniture Manufacturers.

My question to Mr. Thomas Wayne is: Why don't you have your own Website?
If you have one, I sure can't find it! Surely you can afford it.

In the recent thread he responded to a comment about some of the high quality photos of his work being lost & or stolen. If he had his own website he could store those photos on the site in an archive, then they would be available for anyone that was interested to view.

I would like to see more of his work, he has a true artistic genius to his work and it would be interesting to see his work with the Knife handles & Furniture!

Hopefully it won't be 9 years before he responds to this!!

There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people that wouldn't jump a puddle for you!

Old
  (#2)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-11-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCutShot View Post
Recently there was a thread about Thomas Wayne cues on the forum. I have been a fan of his work since I saw an article about his Cues in Pool & Billiard mag. sometime back in the mid 90's. After reading the article, I tried to find more info about him and his cues, it was darn near impossible at the time and there is still very limited info available today. I have found out that he does more than build beautiful cues, he has also worked with Knife Makers and Furniture Manufacturers.

My question to Mr. Thomas Wayne is: Why don't you have your own Website?
If you have one, I sure can't find it! Surely you can afford it.

In the recent thread he responded to a comment about some of the high quality photos of his work being lost & or stolen. If he had his own website he could store those photos on the site in an archive, then they would be available for anyone that was interested to view.

I would like to see more of his work, he has a true artistic genius to his work and it would be interesting to see his work with the Knife handles & Furniture!

Hopefully it won't be 9 years before he responds to this!!
Thomas Wayne reads these forums. Does he need a website? I don't think he does. And his high res photos have bee used by others to steal his designs. Thomas probably does a better job at archiving than 99.9% of us.

PM him!

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#3)
JAlan
Emperor of the North
JAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

05-19-2014, 07:59 AM

The story that I remember is that way back in the day someone stole the Thomas Wayne website name or something and tried to extort a cue or $ from Thomas in order to get it back. So as a result Thomas basically said to heck with having a website.

I don't know any additional details, but I recall Thomas himself said this in a post over on Jimbos Army a few years ago in one of their 'ask the cuemaker' discussions.

Every once in a while the lion has to show the jackals who he is.

Last edited by JAlan; 05-19-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Old
  (#4)
JAlan
Emperor of the North
JAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

06-17-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlan View Post
The story that I remember is that way back in the day someone stole the Thomas Wayne website name or something and tried to extort a cue or $ from Thomas in order to get it back. So as a result Thomas basically said to heck with having a website.

I don't know any additional details, but I recall Thomas himself said this in a post over on Jimbos Army a few years ago in one of their 'ask the cuemaker' discussions.
In reply to my own post above, I found the post where Thomas explains what happened with his website. This was back in 2007 on Jimbos Army, see attached image.
Attached Images

Every once in a while the lion has to show the jackals who he is.

Last edited by JAlan; 06-17-2014 at 06:22 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: