Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Extraordinary customer service-Predator Cues
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Extraordinary customer service-Predator Cues
Old
  (#1)
oldplayer
AzB Silver Member
oldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Extraordinary customer service-Predator Cues - 01-11-2014, 05:51 AM

Last week I found a hairline crack on my predator cue shaft, from the ferrule and back about 1 1/4 inches. . I sent it into Predator and it was delivered by fed-ex (my mailbox buddy told me that if you want something to be delivered "safely", use fed-ex)...Predator signed for acceptance on Friday (1/10/13) at 2:18pm.
at 5:30 pm that same day (3 hours later) I received a call from the service department.and the reason for the crack was the fact that the diameter of the shaft had been reduced. I am sure this was caused by my cleaning procedure for the past 2 years. I would clean with denatured alcohol and a "magic eraser" and then 2000 grit paper.....I guess too often. in the future I would like to know of an alternative as the tables I have played on are past being dirty. just let the shaft turn blue? Predator offered me a discount on a new shaft as they could not warranty the item due to what I would call "abuse". I have no problem with that...hope to have the new shaft in a few days so I can go back to what I do.....play pool!
kudos to Predator for the service and prompt response!

Old
  (#2)
shamadam
AzB Silver Member
shamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond reputeshamadam has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-11-2014, 08:23 AM

Can you tell us what kind of shaft it was? If it was a 314 shaft that started out at 12.75 mm and you turned it down to about 11.75 mm than I don't see it as abuse. I see it as you turning the cue down to the Predator Z shaft diameter. The Z shafts come at 11.75 mm brand new. Now if it was a Z shaft, and you turned that down even thinner, than I could see it being a problem. Just curious.

Main Player: Paul Mottey Hoppe with Predator Pre-cat shafts.

Jump/Break Cue: Paull Mottey Hoppe with a Samsara J/B tip.

Cases: JB Flowers Tribute 2 x 4 ( 21st ever made),
and a JB Rugged 2 x 3 and JB Rugged 2 x 5 / 3 x 4.

Old
  (#3)
$TAKE HOR$E
champagne - campaign
$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2014, 08:31 AM

I had a problem with a predator shaft once and they gave me a new one no questions asked and no pro rate. The way they do an exchange is exactly like how tire shops do it if you purchase the road hazard package. If you have a 314 or 314-2 for example, they go off the original diameter and the closer it is to that the less difference you pay. If the shaft is full size and the problem is faulty craftsmanship you pay nothing.

Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, they will talk about you forever
~ unknown

The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain
~ Bruce Lee

Ya'll warned me, but I didnt listen.....
~ Death Ball

I'm not surprised motherf*%$#@'s
~ Nate Diaz

WWW.MACECUES.COM

DOOM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463005

Old
  (#4)
THEREALSDKID
Banned
THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID THEREALSDKID

vCash: 500

01-11-2014, 08:34 AM

I had a 314-2 predator shaft that I would only clean with a damp cloth, just to get the blue off. I had it about 6 months and it cracked right down by the joint collar. I sent it back to predator and said I had a defective shaft. they called me a week later and said they wouldn't warranty it because I was BREAKING with it. (which they considered abuse) thing is I never broke with it. I asked them how they could tell, they said we know these things. they just didn't want to give me a new shaft. they said they would give me a new shaft at 20% off. I said to send the shaft back. as soon as I got the shaft back, I broke it into splinters and sent it back to them. ive never used a predator again ! my opinion is predator shafts are over rated !

Old
  (#5)
oldplayer
AzB Silver Member
oldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2014, 08:35 AM

it is a 314-2

Old
  (#6)
TomInFaribo
AzB Silver Member
TomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond reputeTomInFaribo has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2014, 08:52 AM

I purchased a new predator cue through Seyberts and a z2 and 314-2 shafts about 1 year ago. Did some research on the 314 as I wanted a thinner shaft. Seyberts turned down the 314 to 12.25mm. This was the minimum diameter Predator would allow to maintain warranty. I believe I doubled checked that number and found the 12.25 diameter listed on the Predator site somewhere. It was in fine print.
I would say if you didn't turn it down then it was Terrible Poor Service. You'd have to be sanding every day to take that much off in 2 years.
Glad to hear the story though. If I have problems with mine I'll send it back to Seybert's not directly into Predator.

Old
  (#7)
timothysoong
★★★★★★★★★★★★
timothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREALSDKID View Post
I had a 314-2 predator shaft that I would only clean with a damp cloth, just to get the blue off. I had it about 6 months and it cracked right down by the joint collar. I sent it back to predator and said I had a defective shaft. they called me a week later and said they wouldn't warranty it because I was BREAKING with it. (which they considered abuse) thing is I never broke with it. I asked them how they could tell, they said we know these things. they just didn't want to give me a new shaft. they said they would give me a new shaft at 20% off. I said to send the shaft back. as soon as I got the shaft back, I broke it into splinters and sent it back to them. ive never used a predator again ! my opinion is predator shafts are over rated !
lol, well done my friend.

Timothy Soong
TS's Billiard Supply: fb.com/ts.billiards
ts.billiardsupply@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------
Player: Satin South West
Break Cue: Mezz PB1
Jump Cue: Plain Jumper w/ SS ferrule
------------------------------------------------------------
Favorite tip: fb.com/thoroughbredtips.tw
My simple lathe setup: youtu.be/DCp7Ez-G4og

Old
  (#8)
oldplayer
AzB Silver Member

01-11-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomInFaribo View Post
I purchased a new predator cue through Seyberts and a z2 and 314-2 shafts about 1 year ago. Did some research on the 314 as I wanted a thinner shaft. Seyberts turned down the 314 to 12.25mm. This was the minimum diameter Predator would allow to maintain warranty. I believe I doubled checked that number and found the 12.25 diameter listed on the Predator site somewhere. It was in fine print.
I would say if you didn't turn it down then it was Terrible Poor Service. You'd have to be sanding every day to take that much off in 2 years.
Glad to hear the story though. If I have problems with mine I'll send it back to Seybert's not directly into Predator.
the plot thickens

Old
  (#9)
Quesports
AzB Silver Member
Quesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2014, 09:47 AM

I had an original 314 shaft that warped so I sent it back and got the classic response. We will not replace the shaft as it is ACCEPTABLY WARPED...I had a good laugh stuck it in an old case in the closet where it sits today.. So much for Predator their customer service is extra ordinary no doubt!!

Old
  (#10)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
01-11-2014, 10:33 AM

You can clean your ferrule with toothpaste and not reduce it at all. I would say you did a LOT of sanding with 2000 grit to get it to a point where it would crack. I am not sure if I would have accepted that reasoning. Then again I have never had a ferrule crack on me other than ivory. I have never seen the synthetic materials on any of my ferrules crack in the past twenty years.

Wait I take it back.

I had ONE ferrule break, it was something experimental that Joe Piccone gave me to try out, maybe corian or something like that, I took it to the pool room and it exploded into splinters. That was in 1989.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#11)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
01-11-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
You can clean your ferrule with toothpaste and not reduce it at all. I would say you did a LOT of sanding with 2000 grit to get it to a point where it would crack. I am not sure if I would have accepted that reasoning. Then again I have never had a ferrule crack on me other than ivory. I have never seen the synthetic materials on any of my ferrules crack in the past twenty years.

Wait I take it back.

I had ONE ferrule break, it was something experimental that Joe Piccone gave me to try out, maybe corian or something like that, I took it to the pool room and it exploded into splinters. That was in 1989.
John,

You never owned a 1980's Meucci. Don't remember a ferrule NOT cracking !

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#12)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
01-11-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
John,

You never owned a 1980's Meucci. Don't remember a ferrule NOT cracking !

Lyn
:-) I never had a ferrule on my Meuccis crack but I didn't really play with any of them long enough to find out.

Old
  (#13)
PETROBOY
AzB Silver Member
PETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond reputePETROBOY has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2014, 10:50 AM

This is off the Predator site

TIP DIAMETER. We do not recommend turning your shaft down. You can choose to turn your shaft, but any 3142 shaft turned below 12.25 mm, any Z2 shaft turned below 11.40 mm, and any Fat shaft turned below 12.70 mm will result in an automatic void of your warranty.

Playing cue: Predator 5k4
Shafts: -Predator Vantage
Breaking cue: Predator BK
Jump cue: Stealth
Case : Instroke Buffalo 2x4 Brown

Old
  (#14)
cuesblues
cue accumulator
cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-11-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
I took it to the pool room and it exploded into splinters. That was in 1989.

It wasn't me, my Exploding Ferrules Corporation wasn't formed until 2013.

This reminds me that I have to send a snapped Poison Venom break shaft back to The Predator Group.
When it happened (a while ago) on Predator's website they said send them an email explaining the problem, they might take care of it, and sometimes emails are passed around for everybody to laugh at.
I said "here's a real knee slapper, my Poison Venom shaft broke in half"
They said no problem send it back, I just need to do it.

player.....Josswest, Kikel, Rambow, Gina,Schon,
player.....Murray Tucker, Horn, Schick, Kersenbrock
player.... Judd Fuller, Steve Klein, ASC, Paul Drexler
player......Ernie Martinez, Willie Hoppe, D.Jones
breaker...Hillbily Smacker, Judd Fuller
jumper....see breakers
shooter...Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter......Spyderco-Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#15)
mcsock
AzB Silver Member
mcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond reputemcsock has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2014, 11:02 AM

I want to get a LD shaft for my play cue. Some people seem to get ok cust. service from Predator, other do not. This is enough to steer me away to a different brand of shaft. In this small of a market, rep is a big deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: