Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Players Pure X Break Cue Review

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Players Pure X Break Cue Review
Old
  (#1)
bigshooter
<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
bigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Players Pure X Break Cue Review - 01-12-2014, 01:42 PM

I purchased a Players Pure X Model HXT-P1 around a month ago. I was looking for a short breaker on a budget. This cue was $195.00 from Nielsen's Billiards (Joerackem)

The first thing I had to overcome was the brand name of Players. I have always considered them to be pretty cheaply made. The price point was attractive though so I went ahead and ordered.

I have to say I am impressed all the way around with the quality of this cue for the money. It looks great, feels great and has the fit and finish of a much higher priced cue. The quality is there.

Being a shorter guy at just above 5'6" I am always choking way up on a full length breaker and with this cue being a four piece I can eliminate one piece creating a 52" break cue.

I am smashing the rack with this configuration with good cue ball control. I absolutely love it!

Another feature I like is the rubberized grip - I was concerned it would either be too spongy or too hard causing discomfort but it is extremely comfortable. The grip allows me to hold the cue loosely and get a good, fast snap yet grips my hand enough to keep it nice and solid with a good transfer of energy to the cue ball.

Jumping is super easy with this cue as well. It gives you three different jump configurations making it very versatile. For a breaker on a budget I give this cue 5 stars.

Old
  (#2)
tashworth19191
Pool will make you humble
tashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-19-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
I purchased a Players Pure X Model HXT-P1 around a month ago. I was looking for a short breaker on a budget. This cue was $195.00 from Nielsen's Billiards (Joerackem)

The first thing I had to overcome was the brand name of Players. I have always considered them to be pretty cheaply made. The price point was attractive though so I went ahead and ordered.

I have to say I am impressed all the way around with the quality of this cue for the money. It looks great, feels great and has the fit and finish of a much higher priced cue. The quality is there.

Being a shorter guy at just above 5'6" I am always choking way up on a full length breaker and with this cue being a four piece I can eliminate one piece creating a 52" break cue.

I am smashing the rack with this configuration with good cue ball control. I absolutely love it!

Another feature I like is the rubberized grip - I was concerned it would either be too spongy or too hard causing discomfort but it is extremely comfortable. The grip allows me to hold the cue loosely and get a good, fast snap yet grips my hand enough to keep it nice and solid with a good transfer of energy to the cue ball.

Jumping is super easy with this cue as well. It gives you three different jump configurations making it very versatile. For a breaker on a budget I give this cue 5 stars.

Very good review... I agree.... I love the HTXP1..... Cleared out a spot in my case also...

Regards, Tom Ashworth
https://tomashworth.com
  • Playing Cue: Predator Sotka 2 with 12.9 Revo Shaft
  • Break Cue: Predator BK3
  • Jump Cue: Custom
  • Case: InStroke Leather 3X7
  • Table : Connelly 4'x8'

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: