Nathan Demoulin

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yep, I had a bad attitude toward Nathan and Bonus Ball.

I didn't quite care for some of the things or the way that Nathan put across to the members re Bonus Ball.

Well, In Florian's DVD thread, I made a comment toward Nathan. He sent me a polite PM back asking me what my problem was. I told him, politely of course and received another PM back explaining his position and job with Bonus Ball.

He called it a rant, I told him that it wasn't a rant, rather a polite explanation on his side.

I try to be a non judgmental person. My wife told me that is what she has always liked best about me. Even if you're non judgmental, you can still have an opinion on things that bug you.

Seems that I now feel that I was wrong about Nathan and his points so for that, Nathan, I apologize for more than one snotty comment to you.

Maybe, with Nathans permission, I will post his well thought out PM so others can read his feelings re his job with Bonus Ball.

I feel that its very genuine sans any BS.

I do think that I had him pegged all wrong in this case.

I know how Nathan came across both to myself and other members here, but once I read his explanation for how he felt about things, it changed my mind.
No one is perfect, not me by a long shot and and probably many other members would agree also.

I still don't hold Chibbs and BB in a very high regard but my opinion of Nathan has changed considerably.

He was just doing the job to the best of his ability that he was hired to do and in some aspects, more was expected of him than was his duty.

He would be the first to admit some of the things that went awry with BB and he should not be held accountable for someone elses problems.

Just my take on it.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Aw shit, I don't do French all that well any more.
I did when I was younger.

I spelled his first name wrong didn't I.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Nathan was put in a very difficult position, trying to maintain allegiance to both the azb and blowed up ball.

As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I don't think his video skills or his passion for pool can be questioned.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Nathan was put in a very difficult position, trying to maintain allegiance to both the azb and blowed up ball.

As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I don't think his video skills or his passion for pool can be questioned.

I agree with you. Nathan was caught between a rock and a hard place. All my interactions with him via private messages were amiable. I kind of felt bad for him.

That said, he is currently on a proverbial "black list" of some industry members, rightly or wrongly. They say time heals all wounds, though.

Nathan also experienced a nightmare scenario with the Bonus Ball, moving to Vegas, et cetera, having to move back to Canada. Everybody involved has suffered.

A lot folks are condeming the BB pro players, and I understand the "why," but I also empathize with the BB pro players. They're only trying to survive in a fractured pool industry that bans, ridicules, and looks at American pro players as pariahs. They have to eat, too, just like the rest of us. Of course, they're going to go where the money is flapping in the wind. I'd have done the same thing if I was offered a "guaranteed payday."

In sum, nobody wins with Bonus Ball. Everybody loses, even Larry. In fact, Larry, due to his ignorance and lack of business fortitude in an already-hurt pool world, lost the most. :(

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I am certainly interested in this thread. And I hope that Nathan gives you the go-ahead, Terry, because I want to hear it.

I am one that was offended at the attitude shown towards AZB during the whole fiasco. That, in and of itself, means little, as the statement is somewhat accurate...I wouldn't be buying their product so I guess I wasn't part of "the target" audience. Still, the whole attitude, at least the way I read it (multiple times) put me off.

Perhaps that is the part of me that strives to find a diplomatic way to most interactions. I found the lack of diplomacy, especially in a new company trying to make a name for itself, disturbing. It just didn't make sense.

I am certainly open to reconsidering my opinion. I know how talented Nathan is, his work with Florian speaks for itself. And I certainly don't have to agree with everything anyone says to be able to respect them.

Good on you, Terry, for speaking up.

***edited*** after reading it, I come off rather sanctimonious. Nathan doesn't owe me crap. My thoughts on the subject still stand, be he don't owe me nuthin. It's his road to travel...

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Nathan and i made up, too @ Mosconi. he and his crew were in the stands everyday, and at the after party. he's pretty cool - for a Canadian....;)

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
With the exception of Bonus Ball... Ive liked everything Run Out Media has done. Im not one for trick shots, but I bought Florian's DVD. I have the Running Out DVD set as well and that is great.

Their DVDs have a great production quality to them. Really amazing stuff.

Good on you Blue.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In sum, nobody wins with Bonus Ball. Everybody loses, even Larry. In fact, Larry, due to his ignorance and lack of business fortitude in an already-hurt pool world, lost the most. :(

Very true but so utterly avoidable. . One of the worst business decisions i have ever seen. If he'd just listened! I've never been in business. I didnt even need a pencil to see that the numbers had no chance of working.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, I had a bad attitude toward Nathan and Bonus Ball.

I didn't quite care for some of the things or the way that Nathan put across to the members re Bonus Ball.

Well, In Florian's DVD thread, I made a comment toward Nathan. He sent me a polite PM back asking me what my problem was. I told him, politely of course and received another PM back explaining his position and job with Bonus Ball.

He called it a rant, I told him that it wasn't a rant, rather a polite explanation on his side.

I try to be a non judgmental person. My wife told me that is what she has always liked best about me. Even if you're non judgmental, you can still have an opinion on things that bug you.

Seems that I now feel that I was wrong about Nathan and his points so for that, Nathan, I apologize for more than one snotty comment to you.

Maybe, with Nathans permission, I will post his well thought out PM so others can read his feelings re his job with Bonus Ball.

I feel that its very genuine sans any BS.

I do think that I had him pegged all wrong in this case.

I know how Nathan came across both to myself and other members here, but once I read his explanation for how he felt about things, it changed my mind.
No one is perfect, not me by a long shot and and probably many other members would agree also.

I still don't hold Chibbs and BB in a very high regard but my opinion of Nathan has changed considerably.

He was just doing the job to the best of his ability that he was hired to do and in some aspects, more was expected of him than was his duty.

He would be the first to admit some of the things that went awry with BB and he should not be held accountable for someone elses problems.

Just my take on it.

I agree your not perfect ,by a long shot. just kidding. :D

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I've had some PM conversations with him too, and he strikes me as a good guy
who can be kind of blunt. And he's good at what he does which can result in a
kind of cocky vibe. But that sort of thing is pretty common in the pool world,
and I don't think anyone should take it personally.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with a guy defending something that he put so much blood, sweat, and tears in to.
I'm sure the initial production was a lot of work, so I respected Nathan for being passionate about Bonus Ball.

Bonus Ball did look like it would be fun to play, not a lot of fun to watch, but interesting.

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
I've had several face-to-face and PM interactions with Nathan, and my feeling about him is the same as Blue Hog's. Not too many people know of the intense pressure Nathan was under during the start-up of Bonus Ball.

Roger

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

No, I think he put himself in that position. He should have never pretended to be the PR department because he did more harm than good on AZ for bonus ball.

I've known Nathan for many years. He does pretty good video work and puts in way more effort than he'll ever be compensated for in his projects but because of our interactions and his shady business ethics with others, I have little respect for him personally.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
No, I think he put himself in that position. He should have never pretended to be the PR department because he did more harm than good on AZ for bonus ball.

I've known Nathan for many years. He does pretty good video work and puts in way more effort than he'll ever be compensated for in his projects but because of our interactions and his shady business ethics with others, I have little respect for him personally.

Here we go...

Eric >hope I don't get sued by Bud Light

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Good move, Terry. Everybody has opinions and feelings and airing them out always helps. Not too many admit their wrongs around here.
Also, I'm always surprised when a pool player is surprised that another pool player has "shady" business dealings...lol.

Last edited:

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member

Were his "shady business ethics with others" truly shady? It might be easier to consider that statement if we had details.

Roger

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Were his "shady business ethics with others" truly shady? It might be easier to consider that statement if we had details.

Roger

I stated my opinion on the subject at hand and in a very polite way so I don't think it matters how you consider my statement. People who are in the know already know the details.