Cushion Rubber

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis is offering this rail material and I was curious if any of the members have played on a table with it? If so what were your impressions?? I know of a table near me that is going to have it installed and was invited to play on it after it's installed. The folks getting it are very excited so I thought I'd ask the AZ community about it. Pros & Cons....

http://www.simoniscloth.com/simonis-products/klematch-cushions

RickC

Registered
bump…any experience or opinions? - Kleber (Klematch) P59 vs other usual options for Gold Crown II cushion replacements?

tonemachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have P-59 on my GC and it plays just like any nice pool hall table, and I've sent a table back before for not playing like a good pool hall table! And if you dont trust tht then....the mechanic chose the material and if he chose it then it's among the best if not the best.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to opinions I've heard from seasoned mechanics and others, kleber cushions are on the same level, if not better in consistency than artemis (diamond table) cushions. The cost is on the same level as Artemis I believe.

Maybe Glen or Mark will chime in with their opinions.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

I think the kleber is a little to dense for pocket billiards but I've heard experiments are in the works...

Rob.M

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kleber and Artemis are the 2 brands most used for High End Carom tables. I did a rail mod on my old Brunswick Billiard table to accept Kleber and it came out as perfect as could be expected. My Verhoeven came with Kleber standard.

As far as their Pool Rubber? I have't a clue but I will say last I did a search on Kleber, they're owned by one of the big rubber companies I believe it was Michelin. I think they can probably figure out how to make good pool rubber.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
We tested a set on a Diamond 9ft over at the Bank Shot in Louisville, but after two weeks or so, ended up switching them back out for the Artemis cushions. Other than straight banks, they don't play well when trying to shorten up banks, twistback banks, or trying to bank a shot long, the cushions are to dense to try and alter bank shots, like with other cushions.....but other mechanics probably know more about this than I do:rolleyes:

Glen

tonemachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We tested a set on a Diamond 9ft over at the Bank Shot in Louisville, but after two weeks or so, ended up switching them back out for the Artemis cushions. Other than straight banks, they don't play well when trying to shorten up banks, twistback banks, or trying to bank a shot long, the cushions are to dense to try and alter bank shots, like with other cushions.....but other mechanics probably know more about this than I do:rolleyes:

Glen

Uh oh. I have to admit that I haven't played on a table other than mine since getting it but I didn't notice having to adjust for these cushions. I'll report back after I go to the pool hall or two and see if my brain's bank calibration is all messed up for non-Klebatch now.