Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kudos to Earl Strickland
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Kudos to Earl Strickland
Old
  (#1)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Kudos to Earl Strickland - 01-16-2014, 10:43 AM

Earl is showing the world just how good he can be as he's really making the 10 ft Brunswick look relatively easy. And as rusty as Efren looks, the length of the table hasn't really been an issue for him either. Efren had his chances, but he needed Earl to not run out so often!

Anyway, for those that didn't see the stream, or didn't quite hear it, or missed it between choppiness...

At one point near the end of the match after Earl had a brilliant safety or kick (there were so many), Earl said to the crowd while they were cheering, "any of these things you see me doing here are because of him," as he pointed to Efren.

I don't know if he thought that maybe the crowd might not understand that he was paying a huge compliment to the Magician, but he followed up with, "I've learned a ton from that man."

Say what you will about Earl Strickland (because frankly, he brings it upon himself), but there is no question ever where his heart is.

Freddie <~~~ still an Earl fan

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension)
Breaking Cue:Gilbert

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#2)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Smile 01-16-2014, 10:46 AM

He wears his heart on his sleeve. Lots of class on his part to continue to appreciate Efren, and perhaps, their famous rivalry, which only improved the game incredibly. Earl is still aces in my book, I love watching him play.

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#3)
itsfroze
AzB Silver Member
itsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 10:48 AM

Excellent Post
As I didn't watch I would have never known that. Thank You

Old
  (#4)
Petros Andrikop
AzB Silver Member
Petros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 10:56 AM

From all the players I have ever met, Earl loves this game the most...

Old
  (#5)
markgw
AzB Silver Member
markgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
Earl is showing the world just how good he can be as he's really making the 10 ft Brunswick look relatively easy. And as rusty as Efren looks, the length of the table hasn't really been an issue for him either. Efren had his chances, but he needed Earl to not run out so often!

Anyway, for those that didn't see the stream, or didn't quite hear it, or missed it between choppiness...

At one point near the end of the match after Earl had a brilliant safety or kick (there were so many), Earl said to the crowd while they were cheering, "any of these things you see me doing here are because of him," as he pointed to Efren.

I don't know if he thought that maybe the crowd might not understand that he was paying a huge compliment to the Magician, but he followed up with, "I've learned a ton from that man."

Say what you will about Earl Strickland (because frankly, he brings it upon himself), but there is no question ever where his heart is.

After I downloaded firefox I was able to enjoy the stream. Earl really played great and he really looks like he's in great shape. I'm not sure if Efren excercise's or not? Efren actually outbroke Earl but he didn't outplay him. That was a class move by Earl to give the crowd that info during the match about learning from Efren. The comment came after he killed the cueball on an extreme cut on the 8 ball to hold for the 9. Efren is jumping up when there are pressure moments. You don't really see Earl jump up on shots. The difference in the match so far is Earl has made Efren pay for his mistakes. Excellent play by both players and I thoroughly enjoyed both nights!!!

Old
  (#6)
KoolKat9Lives
Taught 'em all I know
KoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

01-16-2014, 11:02 AM

That comment put a long time smile on my face.

Earl has been making the 10 footer look like a bar box. My goodness, he's been impressive. Efren has played exceptionally, with exception of the last handful of racks on Day 1 after "the kick". I love the sound of Efren's cue hit which is followed by the center pocket's sound. He's such a joy to watch.

Anyway, I challenged Earl on Facebook today. I offered on a 10 footer, 9 ball, no side pockets, that I get the zero and out. The wuss went silent (but he did "like" my comment). He's got no heart.

Hey... Does anyone know if there's anything other than pride on the line tonight?

Old
  (#7)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:

So that's it, then? Earl acts polite and pays Efren a compliment and all the rude, spoiled brat-ish, obnoxious child-like behavior gets a little more palatable?

What idiots we are ---- always blaming his poor behavior on something he just can't help. Yet he seems to be able to control it very well when he wants to.

Yup. We're idiots.

Actually, I have to exclude myself, because I never bought into his narcissistic line of crap.

Been Verified. Supporter of responsible teaching. Background checks for instructors, especially those who teach kids.

Last edited by FranCrimi; 01-16-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Old
  (#8)
Nick B
This is gonna hurt
Nick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Many including myself have said it before. When his meds are right and the moon and the stars align...Earl's High-High gear is like no other. Go watch the COM-Day2. You simply can't play better than that.

Nick

Cue: Foster, Break/Jump: Foster
http://www.fostercues.com/
Name: Nick Beretanos

Old
  (#9)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 11:11 AM

I heard Earl asked a couple years ago about his improved kicking game and he credited Efren.

Thanks
Old
  (#10)
oldroller
AzB Silver Member
oldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - 01-16-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
So that's it, then? Earl acts polite and pays Efren a compliment and all the rude, spoiled brat-ish, obnoxious child-like behavior gets a little more palatable?

What idiots we are ---- always blaming his poor behavior on something he just can't help. Yet he seems to be able to control it very well when he wants to.

Yup. We're idiots.

Actually, I have to exclude myself, because I never bought into his narcissistic line of crap.
that needed said!

Old
  (#11)
Bigdogbret
AzB Silver Member
Bigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond reputeBigdogbret has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 11:51 AM

Earl must have been winning. Earl is often a gracvous winner, complementing his opponent. It is when things are not going well for Earl that he turns into the rude, borish, bad sportsman that so many of us find offensive.
Earl's talent has never been in question. It is his behavior that has hurt him and the game he loves.

Old
  (#12)
itsfroze
AzB Silver Member
itsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond reputeitsfroze has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 12:28 PM

Earl does bad things that result in lots of bad things being said about him.-------------------> Edit: JUST THIS IDIOTS OPINION <--------------------

I see no reason why when he makes a nice gesture good things aren't appropriate,

or should we only beat him to death on the negative?

Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post

Yup. We're idiots.

Last edited by itsfroze; 01-16-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Old
  (#13)
Agent 99
AzB Silver Member
Agent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 12:33 PM

Pool isn't life or death to Earl Strickland ... It's far more important than that.

Player: Becue Naked
Break: Mezz Pwr Bk Pro
Jump: Lomax

Old
  (#14)
JBB2388
Banger Extraordinaire
JBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 12:34 PM

Interesting. Thanks for posting this.

John

Player: Joss Model 94-05
Breaker: Joss Thor Hammer

"The only thing that I know that's harder than pool, is dyin!" - Earl Strickland

Old
  (#15)
Celtic
AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Celtic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldroller View Post
that needed said!
Why? Because anyone here was not aware how Earl often acts? No, everyone is well aware of Earl and the way he acts often.

God forbid we ever get an autistic pro, or one with Tourette Syndrome, or some other mental disease that affects the way they act and that is beyond their control. Many of you will be right there to mention every little thing they do that you don't agree with.

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: