Kamui Black Super Soft
Old
  (#1)
Slh
AzB Silver Member
Slh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Kamui Black Super Soft - 01-16-2014, 11:10 AM

I'm thinking about putting a Kamui Black SS on my playing cue. I used a kamui black medium for a month but then I decided to took it off because after very little time the tip become very hard to the point it was almost unplayable. I know some players who sand their kamui tips very often and it's the only way to keep it at the right hardness.
Does the kamui super soft have the same problem as the medium of becoming too hard? It's my main worry because I like very soft tips.

Old
  (#2)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-16-2014, 12:27 PM

I tried a medium first and it glazed and got quite a bit harder. I then stepped down to a super soft and it played like a medium tip to me. If you like a soft tip you probably won't like this one. It's no where close to an Elkmasters softness. This is just my experience so take it for what it's worth. My installer could've installed them wrong, but I don't think so.

Old
  (#3)
gsxr750rr
AzB Bronze Member
gsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond reputegsxr750rr has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2014, 12:47 PM

yeah, they seem to get harder, I'm playing with a SS right now. When you think about it all soft tips get harder, just seems the Kamui blacks get harder, faster, so maybe its a good thing. After putting the SS on the tip got harder like within maybe 8 hrs of play. Now I'm going through the whole sand, tap, sand, tap, routine with these tips. They are a lot of maintenance to keep them grippy and holding chalk optimally but hey, it is what it is.

Old
  (#4)
Slh
AzB Silver Member
Slh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond reputeSlh has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2014, 10:45 AM

thanks for the replies. I'm currently using an elkmaster tip and I like it but it lasts little time and wanted to try the kamui but looks like it would be too hard for my taste.

My experience
Old
  (#5)
obrien714
Pool Video Addict
obrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond reputeobrien714 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1328
  Send a message via Yahoo to obrien714  
Question My experience - 01-17-2014, 10:49 AM

I went kumui ss and went through that rip in less than a year. I now use Tom hays soft ultra skin. Blows the kumui out of the water and the price is super cheap. Just my input.

OBRIEN
Newest Hoppe - Searing Titlist Conversion (4/16/13) not 4 sale!!!
Playing Cue - RC3 Ebony With Titlist Veneers.
Retired Cue - Manzino Titlist Conversion (2001)
Break Cue - Varney
Other Cue In Case - SE Titlist Conversion (10/18/05)
Black Boar RS3 - Gracio Titlist Conversion - Lambros 6 pointer
Sneakies - Mottey / Lambros / Stacey.
CAse - Justice 3 / 6 Custom

Old
  (#6)
Chuck521
AzB Silver Member
Chuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck521 has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2014, 11:02 AM

I've the Med, Soft and SS. The medium hits like a Medium to me and I haven't had one glaze over on me, the soft took a little getting used to as it felt like a sponge on the end of my cue and the super soft was just way to soft for me. it made my cue feel different hit wise and was to spongy for me. and the super soft likes to mushroom on you, the soft will hold its shape way better. so if i was you i would go with the soft play with it and if its to soft take it down halfway and that should be a happy medium lol unless you like the soft tips then your gold. and in all reality you should be replacing your tip at least every 6-8 months I mean it is leather and will dry out.

Player: Dave Kikel
Shaft: SS360 By BDcues
Tip: Kamui Clear Soft
Case: JB 2x5/3x4 Nothing Compares to a JB case!
Chalk: Predator
Break cue: Alex Brick DymondWood
Jump Cue: Jester2

Old
  (#7)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member
briankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien714 View Post
I went kumui ss and went through that rip in less than a year. I now use Tom hays soft ultra skin. Blows the kumui out of the water and the price is super cheap. Just my input.
I want to echo this. I have been playing with ultra skin tips for a while and have no regrets. They hit good and are well priced.

Playing Cue: McDermott G903, I3 Shaft, Navigator Black Super Soft tip for regular pool. I2 Shaft with Navigator Black soft tip for Artistic Pool
Break Cue: Stinger
Jump Cue: McDermott Big boy shaft with Jump Handle/ Marty Carey Jump Cue
Masse Cue: Jacoby Heavy Hitter Masse Cue

www.gospeltrickshot.org
http://www.mcdermottcue.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRC...yTfxDrlYmwMBOQ

Tips
Old
  (#8)
SWANIE
AzB Bronze Member
SWANIE is on a distinguished road

Tips - 01-17-2014, 12:14 PM

Just ordered 100 ultra skin tips from, Tom they are the best layered tip at this time imo and have not had the problem of tips glazing over. I have installed over 30 of the ultra skins with one complaint that tip came off, turned out to be a problem with the ferrule Changed the ferrule and no more problems.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: