thoughts on this 9 footer

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tmp_00X0X_buPGIF4IKqF_600x450-95003145.jpgfound this old Brunswick locally. needs new cloth.$300bucks.
Appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
That looks like an easy restoration/refinish that could make a very nice table. Looks like a less fancy slightly newer predecessor of the jumbo line the Kling and Arcade came from. Certainly not worth what one of those are, but that table for $300? I don't think you could lose.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what a table,what a setting
i will buy it if you don't and pay $1000 to get it here

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can move it for cheap I'd say thats a steal. Good find.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have any opinion on the table itself. I don't know anything about the old ones.

But, if the guy is asking 300, he probably would give it away for free. He just wants to get rid of it. Just food for thought.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I lived in Lexington, Ky. I bought a similar looking 1928 Brunswick 9 footer. Played magnificently and enjoyed it immensely for 6 years before I moved to Tucson. Good luck with the table - I know you'll enjoy playing on it for many years to come.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guessing that is on the second floor or higher. Unless there is easy access moving the slate might be a beyotch. For $300 bucks might be worth having someone move it and set it up. Trust me I have plenty expierience moving tables

RackOnTour

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pretty sure that is a Brunswick Heirloom.
Manufactured from late 70's (maybe even earlier) until mid 80's.
Very nice score if the slates are in condition.
Rails and blind rails are solid mahogany.
It should have a brass plate on one rail with an 'Heirloom' name etched in.
I picked up one in bad condition with missing blind rails but still put a value of $1400 on it BEFORE restoration.
I am in a different country but prices are usually parallel for secondhand tables.

I found this link of a similar condition item for you:
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...-Heirloom-9-Pro-Pool-Table-W0QQAdIdZ548143747

Hope this helps.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Nice looking table, of course you can't tell about the slates, but I'll bet it will play great.

When I first got married, we moved into a second floor flat. Above our rent was an unfinished attic, very much like this one in configuration.

After asking the landlord if I could use the attic area for a pool table and getting the OK, I purchased an old House Of Lords 9' table. It was built like a brick $hit house.

I put a 3/4 sheet of plywood on the floor to connect the floor joist together for a bit of added stability.

Myself and 3 friends got that table up to the attic. I just want to say, patience, strength, perseverance, and most of all beer.

After it was up there, a few more friends came over, and we swear we could feel the house sway ever so slightly with the weight. But, looking back, maybe it was the beer!

Good Luck .... go for it for sure. 300 dollar tables may be around but that has some nice character. :thumbup:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
That's a great find and a steal of a price. You could refinish that table and have it set up professionally and have a great table that would last for many years.