Derby City on ESPN question

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey every one. I was talking to a friend of mine from league about derby when he said something that I thought was wrong and I wanted to confirm with you guys. He is an amatuer player and he said that we went one year and beat a pro and it was on ESPN that an amatuer beat a pro. I have played in 8 of the last 9 derby's and I don't ever remember derby being on ESPN. I called BS and he was sure it was. I didn't persue proving him wrong so he would shut up about it. LOL Do can all you fellow derby city veterans confirm with me that Derby City has never been televised on ESPN?

Jerry Forsyth

The DCC, to my knowledge, has never aired on ESPN but they have referenced it on Sportscenter and other talk type shows.

Feel free to correct me if they have ever aired any matches.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I've won a few matches against the pro's at the DCC and I've never been on ESPN. I'm crying BS! Never heard of any DCC matches or news on ESPN. Somebody is up to their ears in BS.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah he is one of those guys who has to be a topper. I took his comments of trying to top me playing at Derby, something he won't do. Thanks for the replies guys. And to my knowledge, DCC has never been shown on ESPN.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey every one. I was talking to a friend of mine from league about derby when he said something that I thought was wrong and I wanted to confirm with you guys. He is an amatuer player and he said that we went one year and beat a pro and it was on ESPN that an amatuer beat a pro. I have played in 8 of the last 9 derby's and I don't ever remember derby being on ESPN. I called BS and he was sure it was. I didn't persue proving him wrong so he would shut up about it. LOL Do can all you fellow derby city veterans confirm with me that Derby City has never been televised on ESPN?

Maybe he was talking about the Data Compression Conference?

Freddie <~~~ not a professional

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
I am 99% sure this never happened.

Besides imo it could never be agreed to do this.

It seems to me the way ESPN chops up a match would not be liked by DCC.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a feeling he was maybe talking about Tommy Kennedy beating Johnny Archer in the US OPEN

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accu-Stats sells their tapes to Asian markets. Has any of it appeared on ESPN Asia/Star Sports?