Take a guess: what kind of cloth is this?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to take a different approach to my dilemma. Based on the pictures, what type/Brand of cloth do you think this is. It is only a few months’ olds, well maybe more like 6 months or more. And I am no longer pleased with it. The reason I upgraded to this type and brand was to have a cloth more comparable to the pool hall where I shoot league. I will state my dilemma when I get some opinions from people. The pictures don't do much to show the real problem, but hopefully people will be able to see what it is that is bothering me.

Attachments

• table clotha.jpg
    table clotha.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 437
  • table clothb.jpg
    table clothb.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 375
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 357
  • table cloth2 004.jpg
    table cloth2 004.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
tjlmbklr said:
what type of cloth do you think this is..

Tj,
It's gray. That's the problem. I hate the gray (looks great, but I can't play with that gray chalk, it sucks). Good luck (cause that cloth looks bumpy).

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
powderburner said:
Wow. IPT special?

Do you mean "slow nap"?

Corduroy?

Is it because it looks ruff?

Tj,
It's gray. That's the problem. I hate the gray (looks great, but I can't play with that gray chalk, it sucks). Good luck (cause that cloth looks bumpy).

Ding ding ding, we have a winner, except it isn't grey and yes it is very bumpy, or more like fuzzy. It is "Camel" Simonis 860. Why so ruff looking, you tell me. I have been plagued with this for months now. The pictures are nothing compaired to the real thing. When the light shines through the window it has such a raised fuzziness to it, that it sickens me. It's Simonis 860 for crying out loud. I even wrote to Simonis and eventually talked to a rep on the phone. Then I sent these pictures, her response; "looks fine to me" I have only cleaned it with a brush maybe 3 times (the one the Rec. room store gave me). And let me just put this out there NO IT'S ISN'T ON UPSIDE DOWN. I since bought some "quick clean" and I keep it covered most of the time. I know for sure it plays slower then the pool hall I shoot at. I yet to call the rec. room supply store, because I am trying to get the opinion of as many people as possible.:mad: :confused:

Here is my origanal post if anyone wants to help me out.

Simonis 860 question

Sore_Aintya

Donating money since 1985
Silver Member
tjlmbklr said:
Is it because it looks ruff?
Yes. It looks like a pair of pants my mother made me wear when I was in 1st grade.:(

How bad does the ball roll on soft shots?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sore_Aintya said:
Yes. It looks like a pair of pants my mother made me wear when I was in 1st grade.:(

How bad does the ball roll on soft shots?

It's actually not that bad. It does do that little side to side thing as it is almost stopped we're talking fractions here. But that could be due to the basic ball set I have.

mnShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the way Simonis is. If you want smooth get Championship Tour Edition or the Gorina. It is way faster and will show all the rolls. Also don't ever brush your table or wipe it with a wash cloth. Use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment or the Quick Clean stuff.

Last edited:

NineBallNut

Silver Member
I have never had simonis due that on my table or any that I have installed. Was it like that from the beginning or just a recent thing?

powderburner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is wrong side up also. Tried to get a photo of some simonis scraps on my table, the left piece is the side supposed to be down and the right piece is right side up.

Attachments

• Simonis.JPG
    Simonis.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 445

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NineBallNut said:
I have never had simonis due that on my table or any that I have installed. Was it like that from the beginning or just a recent thing?

I started to notice it more and more as time past. I do most of my pool playing after work. And now that it is summer the light shines through the window(project still in progress, no blinds yet). Where as earlier in the year it was usually dark after work and I didn't notice so much.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Devil said:
Wrong side up...

I'll post pictures of a piece I kept to break off of, (ball burn) and show the difference from top and bottom. IT FOR SURE, BETTING MY LIFE ON IT, WITH A MADMAN POINTING A 45 AT MY HEAD, CAN ASSURE YOU IT IS NOT UPSIDE DOWN.

powderburner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh, the Simonis 860 or whatever is printed on one side of the cloth.

I wouldn't bet anything on which side the lable is, maybe a table mechanic could.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
powderburner said:
I think it is wrong side up also. Tried to get a photo of some simonis scraps on my table, the left piece is the side supposed to be down and the right piece is right side up.

Here is the piece I have left. It is very obviously distinguishable between top and bottom. Don't forget the wholw reason I am questioning my cloth, is because I know what high speed cloth looks like.

Attachments

• table cloth2 015 copy.jpg
    table cloth2 015 copy.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 433

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
powderburner said:
Uh, the Simonis 860 or whatever is printed on one side of the cloth.

I wouldn't bet anything on which side the lable is, maybe a table mechanic could.

You can see in some areas (small pieces) under the rail that the label (in white)Simonis, is there, and I know that the print is on the top side.

asiasdad

Banned
Camel Simonis 860

tjlmbklr said:
I'll post pictures of a piece I kept to break off of, (ball burn) and show the difference from top and bottom. IT FOR SURE, BETTING MY LIFE ON IT, WITH A MADMAN POINTING A 45 AT MY HEAD, CAN ASSURE YOU IT IS NOT UPSIDE DOWN.

I've had the camel 860 on my table for the past 3 cloths, and your photo looks to me like the side I have touching the slate, not the balls. The only problems I've ever had with my cloth is that sometimes the dye color is different from one batch of fabric to the next, even though Simonis says this is not true, I know better, and I'm going to send them my invoices with the exact same ID# from two completely different shades of cloth.

You may want to send a leftover piece to them and see if maybe your cloth possibly flunked their QC, if you are willing to pull the trigger :eek: on the idea that your cloth is not on upside down. Perhaps if you have a bad batch of cloth Simonis would do the right thing and ship you a good set of rail/bed cloth...just a thought.

asiasdad

Banned
Rail pieces

tjlmbklr said:
You can see in some areas (small pieces) under the rail that the label (in white)Simonis, is there, and I know that the print is on the top side.

Ok that means the rails have the cloth on correctly, are you certain that the bed matches the rails??

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
asiasdad said:
I've had the camel 860 on my table for the past 3 cloths, and your photo looks to me like the side I have touching the slate, not the balls. The only problems I've ever had with my cloth is that sometimes the dye color is different from one batch of fabric to the next, even though Simonis says this is not true, I know better, and I'm going to send them my invoices with the exact same ID# from two completely different shades of cloth.

You may want to send a leftover piece to them and see if maybe your cloth possibly flunked their QC, if you are willing to pull the trigger :eek: on the idea that your cloth is not on upside down. Perhaps if you have a bad batch of cloth Simonis would do the right thing and ship you a good set of rail/bed cloth...just a thought.

Thanks, that is what I am hoping for. As you can see I am very sure the cloth is on right side up. I sent a comment to Master Z's(rec room store) and linked this post and hopefully they will do something. They are a very reputible company, and I have never been steared wrong yet by them. So let's see what they do.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
asiasdad said:
Ok that means the rails have the cloth on correctly, are you certain that the bed matches the rails??

Absolutely!!!

Last edited: