Banking With The Beard

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am fairly new to One Pocket. Can anyone help?

In Freddies book, pages 196-7, he shows the Most Dangerous Ball---the 5 ball. I don't understand why this is dangerous because it would be hard to bank and hard to cut without a scratch. The opponents pocket is the upper left corner and yours is the lower left.

START(
%A_8J8%EZ5E7%F_4R1%Gf5G9%PD1P1

)END

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennesseejoe said:
I am fairly new to One Pocket. Can anyone help?

In Freddies book, pages 196-7, he shows the Most Dangerous Ball---the 5 ball. I don't understand why this is dangerous because it would be hard to bank and hard to cut without a scratch. The opponents pocket is the upper left corner and yours is the lower left.

START(
%A_8J8%EZ5E7%F_4R1%Gf5G9%PD1P1

)END

The 5 is dangerous because it's on the opponent's side of the table and it's hard to move it to a place that is not a threat to you. If you attempt to shoot a ball towards your pocket, you have to make sure you don't leave the cb in a position leaving your opponent a good shot at the 5, and that's not easy given where the 5 is. You could sell out a bank or leave the cb above the 5 in which case your opponent could just shoot it straight into his/her pocket. Also, you could scratch the cb trying to move the 5.

Last edited: