An ORIGINAL pool technique

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I'm sure many of you have heard of people using two different playing cues during a match. Jimmy Spears, FLYBOY was famous for keeping two on hand and often switching back and forth between the two.

A NEW TWIST:
"Buffalo", the owner of Buffalo Billiards plays a mean game of pool and opts for a thin-shafted pool cue when confronted with difficult cut shots. I was having trouble cutting this one particular ball where the cue ball was frozen to the rail and he said try this, and hands me his thin-shafted cue. I made the shot two times in a row with his TSC and couldn't make it one time in a row with my cue.

This is the first time I have ever seen anyone use a separate cue for cutting balls but I THINK I am a believer.

Has anyone ever seen what they think is an ORIGINAL pool technique?
JoeyA

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
well . . .

Well . . .
I use some very original techniques, they just rarely result in a ball pocketed! :D :D :D

Funny that you mentioned a thinner shaft, I'm thinking about retapering mine and bringing the tip down to something between a 12 and a 12.5. I'm not real crazy about this shaft anyway and if I booger it too bad I'll get off my duff and cut myself a new one.

I'm headed to Buffalo's about midafternoon today unless the weather gets really nasty.

Hu

JoeyA said:
I'm sure many of you have heard of people using two different playing cues during a match. Jimmy Spears, FLYBOY was famous for keeping two on hand and often switching back and forth between the two.

A NEW TWIST:
"Buffalo", the owner of Buffalo Billiards plays a mean game of pool and opts for a thin-shafted pool cue when confronted with difficult cut shots. I was having trouble cutting this one particular ball where the cue ball was frozen to the rail and he said try this, and hands me his thin-shafted cue. I made the shot two times in a row with his TSC and couldn't make it one time in a row with my cue.

This is the first time I have ever seen anyone use a separate cue for cutting balls but I THINK I am a believer.

Has anyone ever seen what they think is an ORIGINAL pool technique?
JoeyA

longhair

Boyd Porter-Reynolds
Silver Member
Sharkeyes said:
I believe Efren Reyes switches out shafts for certain shots when he plays.
I'm no Efren expert, but I've never seen him do that. I'd be very surprised to see him switch shafts unless the one he's using becomes unusable.