Reload this Page How Do You Get To The 9-Ball Here
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How Do You Get To The 9-Ball Here
Old
  (#1)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

How Do You Get To The 9-Ball Here - 07-03-2006, 11:15 AM

ok, your at the other end of the table from the '9' Ball, straight in, a ways from the corner pocket which makes rail first very difficult.

so, how do you get back down table to pocket the 9-Ball?

DCP

CueTable Help

Old
  (#2)
bruin70
don't wannabe M0DERATOR
bruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond repute

07-03-2006, 11:29 AM

low left. you should be able to get the cb at least to the third diamond top right. rail first also, but i'm not good at that.

Old
  (#3)
ARM9BALLER
malakas
ARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

07-03-2006, 11:29 AM

Rail first with high right?

ARM9BALLER

Playing cue: Omen
Break cue: Omen J/B
Nationality: Filipino.

You must show no mercy
nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you
for your greatness will silence them all

Old
  (#4)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

07-03-2006, 11:31 AM

low left?
you might draw back into the corner pocket. and if you cheat the corner pocket you run the risk of jarring the '8' Ball by hitting it pretty hard.

rail first?
i would think it would be pretty difficult to go rail first with the '8' Ball that far from the corner pocket.

DCP

Old
  (#5)
Aaron_S
AzB Silver Member
Aaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

07-03-2006, 11:31 AM

I shoot low-left since my odds of making the 8 are way higher that way than with the rail-first shot. If I have to shoot from somewhere near the top side pocket, then so be it; at least I'm still shooting.

I saw Basavich leave himself straight on the nine from this spot on a 9-footer with slow, nappy cloth. It almost looked like the cueball curved a little after it hit the first rail, it had so much draw on it. That dude's got a huge stroke, though.

Old
  (#6)
zeeder
Will queue for cues
zeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

07-03-2006, 11:32 AM

I agree with Bruin, if you're not comfortable going rail first and you can get the cue back to the rail low left is the way to go. Otherwise your only other option is to roll it forward and take a tough cut or play safe.

Zack <--- Guy who likes cues

Old
  (#7)
ARM9BALLER
malakas
ARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond reputeARM9BALLER has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

07-03-2006, 11:34 AM

Cool. I'll try it tonight. Both ways.

ARM9BALLER

Playing cue: Omen
Break cue: Omen J/B
Nationality: Filipino.

You must show no mercy
nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you
for your greatness will silence them all

Old
  (#8)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

07-03-2006, 11:35 AM

Use the mirror system on the 8-ball and make it rail first.

Old
  (#9)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

07-03-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege
low left?
you might draw back into the corner pocket. and if you cheat the corner pocket you run the risk of jarring the '8' Ball by hitting it pretty hard.

rail first?
i would think it would be pretty difficult to go rail first with the '8' Ball that far from the corner pocket.

DCP
Definately low left, the way you have that set up there is no way you are gonna draw back and scratch if you make the 8 ball. Plus its an easy shot to make, just gotta stroke the hell out of it to get down table.

Rail first would work, but its way lower percentage IMO. Id stick with the low left.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#10)
Aaron_S
AzB Silver Member
Aaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond reputeAaron_S has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

07-03-2006, 11:43 AM

I guess there's the masse, too, but I only like that if the 8 is much closer to the cb.

Old
  (#11)
bruin70
don't wannabe M0DERATOR
bruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond reputebruin70 has a reputation beyond repute

07-03-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege
low left?
you might draw back into the corner pocket.

DCP

not the way you layed it out

Old
  (#12)
Deadon
AzB Silver Member
Deadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond reputeDeadon has a reputation beyond repute

07-03-2006, 11:53 AM

Its difficult unless you can get down and see the fine angles. I prefer right english with a little follow. The right english helps increase the angle to the rail because of the throw inparted on the object ball and gives more room for the cue ball to escape the corner pocket. Left english would require a fuller hit because of the throw and pull the cue ball into the corner with the draw. Throw and deflection on exteme english shots, like this, are a factor.

Old
  (#13)
Cory in DC
AzB Silver Member
Cory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-03-2006, 11:55 AM

Jack-up a little, hit the eight firm so that the CB bounces up a little and hits the edge of the rail, and then rolls straight down table for shape on the 9.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3HLhb1IBUe4P...JUn2kKrT2kKrX@

Cory

CUES:Schon, Webb
HOURS OF POOL: 10 in a good week

Old
  (#14)
scottycoyote
AzB Silver Member
scottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond reputescottycoyote has a reputation beyond repute

07-03-2006, 11:59 AM

maybe im looking at it wrong but it looks like just some right would spin you around 2 rails to have the 9ball in the upper right corner

Old
  (#15)
seiyaryu55
D ranked ball banger =P
seiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond reputeseiyaryu55 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to seiyaryu55  
07-03-2006, 12:00 PM

I would probably go rail first. For me its not the distance to the pocket that makes rail first shots hard but rather how far the object ball is away from the rail. Hard to tell off the wei table but if im feeling confident about the distance id do rail first over a big draw. I mean even if i were to miss the 8 i would be leaving the 2 balls about a full tables length away from each other. Now if i wasnt confortable with it then id deff go with the draw than the masse.

Name: Stan
Playing Cue: RJH Sneaky Pete
Hours a week: 2-3

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: