IPT - Ball in hand fouls??

JMB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the official rule ? - Before the break, breaker moves and adjusts position of cueball with a part of the cue . Is this a FOUL? question number 2 - During the game after a pocket scratch or any foul does the incoming player with ball in hand HAVE to place the cueball by HAND or is he-she allowed to adjust the position of cueball by positioning it by touching with any part of cue? are these rules strictly enforced?

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JMB said:
What is the official rule ? - Before the break, breaker moves and adjusts position of cueball with a part of the cue . Is this a FOUL? question number 2 - During the game after a pocket scratch or any foul does the incoming player with ball in hand HAVE to place the cueball by HAND or is he-she allowed to adjust the position of cueball by positioning it by touching with any part of cue? are these rules strictly enforced?

From what I've seen, even before the opening break, players may not move the cueball with any part of the cue. Period. It is a foul.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rule was changed I believe, before the qualifiers commenced.

Now it is ok to move the CB with the shaft whenever the player has BIH, including before the break.

Colin

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colin Colenso said:
The rule was changed I believe, before the qualifiers commenced.

Now it is ok to move the CB with the shaft whenever the player has BIH, including before the break.

Colin

That's good to know. It was a ridiculous rule. How can a foul be called (as against Allison in the KOH) before the break? Really stupid. Glad the IPT changed it.