Should this racking format be the gold standard

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given the fact that a lot of the big dogs are out should this format be the main stay is it the great equalizer

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given the fact that a lot of the big dogs are out should this format be the main stay is it the great equalizer

No, that's just 9 Ball. I've watched a number of the Accu-Stats matches today and the breakers already have the break "figured out". Just a bit of a better field than recent times.

Joe T

What I have seen is less arguing, less cheating, faster racking, a corner ball that is playable but not dead, a skillful 1 ball in the side shot and a lot more seems to be dependent on play and less on the rack. In years past I was there first hand, could watch multiple tables at a time and the rack was so important that it made me sick. This year I'm only seeing the stream but I really like what I've seen.

Two ways I see 9 Ball being played; both with a template, 1 on the spot, alternate the break, break from anywhere behind the line and lets have a trading blows break and runout contest. Or the way they're playing the Open.

And yes some killers have to be out but all killers still remain.

Joe T

No, that's just 9 Ball. I've watched a number of the Accu-Stats matches today and the breakers already have the break "figured out". Just a bit of a better field than recent times.

I think they all like the cut break but I haven't seen anyone that has it " figured out" but I'm just judging by the stream matches. I thought Oliver Ortmann's break was the best. He hit a firm cut with a fast but smooth kind of awesome stroke that drew the cb back past the side. If that's the most effective one its definitely not a hanger to reproduce.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Still prefer referee racker. in absence of that, this looks like best a better racking format comes up
It is quite an equalizer

:grin:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still prefer referee racker. in absence of that, this looks like best a better racking format comes up
It is quite an equalizer

:grin:

Yes it is if you look at Fargo and the betting odds you posted only Dennis O is one of the Favorites left who's not considered one of the better breakers , this format has had a obvious impact across the board

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love it.

Instead of endless arguments and re-racking. You put them on the template and break. Saves at least 15 min per match and my sanity.