I hope Ralf snaps it off.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see Ralf win another one. He's one of
the classiest and most humble guys in the sport.

Don't let that fool you, he's lethal with a pool cue.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
A true gentleman and ambassador for the sport.

A Souquet vs. Boyes final would be fun to watch, in a good vs. evil kind of way. I know who I'll be rooting for.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played Ralf in the 2004 U.S. Open, the year after he
won it. He played perfect and beat me 11-1. I had a
very pleasant conversation with him afterwards and
have had nothing but total respect for him ever since.

He even told me what Strickland said to him after Earl
finally shook his hand after Ralf won the Challenge of
Champions. Now there was another good versus evil.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will never forget when Ralf came in second place at the WPC in Philippines to Ronnie Alcano. He really wanted to win that one, but it just wasn't in the stars that day. Ronnie came out on top.

At the finals ceremony, they came to speak to Ralf, and as he began to talk, he could not contain his emotion and got a little choked up. The entire stadium of attendees began to cheer and applaud Ralf. It was very touching.

Yes, Ralf sure is good pool peeps. To see him win would be very nice! :cool:

Here's the 2006 WPC 9-Ball Championship when they spoke to Ralf: https://youtu.be/KpY-E_WdPI8?t=5550

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Met Ralf in mid 2000s at Derby & with all respect a 1st class human being! just a super respectable nice man! Rempe taught him well as player! Looks as those pool lessons paid off him. Ralf deserves another us open in my book.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
One for the "old" guys!

I know he's not really old (compared to me, anyway :grin:) but relative to most of the other players.

But mostly, he's a class act.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm quite surprised that Souqet is playing at such an elite level for such a prolonged period in this tournament. I thought he was certainly past his prime. I don't enjoy watching his style of play, but gotta give him credit for surprising me in this tournament.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm quite surprised that Souqet is playing at such an elite level for such a prolonged period in this tournament. I thought he was certainly past his prime. I don't enjoy watching his style of play, but gotta give him credit for surprising me in this tournament.

Ralf plays slow and deliberate. His style reminds me a little bit of Nick Varner. They both are very determined players and study their shots thoroughly. If that works to win championships, everyone should take note. ;)

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I agree... out of everyone left, I want Souquet to snap it off with him and Boyes in the final.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a list of who he's beaten this tourney: Kennedy, Archer, Ekonomopolous, Kiamco, Deuel, Chinahov, Shaw.

meister2u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a list of who he's beaten this tourney: Kennedy, Archer, Ekonomopolous, Kiamco, Deuel, Chinahov, Shaw.

Yea look at the losers side people he has beaten.....this is a monster line up with no gimmes...His next opponent on losers side is pretty good himself.

He will be up against it to win 2 more matches to make it too the finals...good luck Ralf....:thumbup::thumbup:

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
I really hope Boyes wins it, just to see you people going batshit against him. Priceless!!!:thumbup:

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A true gentleman and ambassador for the sport.
A Souquet vs. Boyes final would be fun to watch, in a good vs. evil kind of way. I know who I'll be rooting for.
How about Boyes gets sandwiched by Kevin Cheng and Raf and we have a happy ending final for either of them ;).