Kevin Cheng

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 12.00.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 12.00.21 PM.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 641

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now, that's confidence. Thanks for sharing the Cheng story.

I am starting to learn more and more about him. I'm trying to picture Sam Glimer and Keven Cheng on the road a la '80s. :grin-square:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Now, that's confidence. Thanks for sharing the Cheng story.

I am starting to learn more and more about him. I'm trying to picture Sam Glimer and Keven Cheng on the road a la '80s. :grin-square:

Yep, when Sigel and Hubbard went on the road....they liked it :p

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Help me understand something guys, how is the conflict of interest addressed? Say, for instance, if Kevin bought Karl Boyes, then is it likely for him to lose to Karl on purpose? Or are players not allowed to buy players other than him/herself? Sorry noob question..

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Help me understand something guys, how is the conflict of interest addressed? Say, for instance, if Kevin bought Karl Boyes, then is it likely for him to lose to Karl on purpose? Or are players not allowed to buy players other than him/herself? Sorry noob question..

I think a player can only buy himself, could be wrong though.

If not, that would open pandora's box for shenanigans.

Also, there is no calcutta at the US Open.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wouldnt matter now because...,

It wouldn't matter now anyway because Kevin and Karl are so deep into the Calcutta that whoever bought who would be the same payout.

At this point if Kevin knocked Karl out he would still recoup his investment and winning would move him further up in the tournament Money and Calcutta payout.

Now if Kevin didn't buy himself and only bought Karl..., that changes the game!

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think that is near meaningless, corporations and deals routinely happen with Calcuttas.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Keith gave him the 8 when they came to California. :D

Settle down there U Easterner' with a pen :grin: they all lost on the road. Don't care who you were. I beat Kieth with the wild 8 roll out I didn't like it, reason I won, he only had two barrels. I was not is his league, tho few were at the time. When I first saw em and ''heard'' em, he so reminded me of the first time I ran into Cole Dixon and David Sizemore in Carbondale IL 1969. Cole and Keith, what a road team that would of been.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Comes to Oklahoma City.

Buys First Pick in The Calcutta for $2000

Chooses Himself.

Goes Two and OUT!!!!

Now is top 4 in the US Open.

Kevin Cheng

Having been to Oklahoma...the two players that put him out were probably APA 5s in Vegas...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Anyone can buy anyone. And it is common for players to let their road player buddies or calcutta picks to advance if it will maximize the amount that can be won.

Kevin did not buy Karl though at the OKC event I was referring to.

Anyone can buy anyone else in all the calcuttas I have been to.

Would not likely be there if they had regular racking rules ,,

So many things come to mind but clueless is the most appropriate.

Yeah him just shooting .950 in his match was because they used an accu rack.

Do you even realize what you watch?

Pretty sure the hooker's best customer is too nitty to buy the stream. Knocking is free.

Having been to Oklahoma...the two players that put him out were probably APA 5s in Vegas...

Most likely.