Efren answers 10 questions (CSI Pool)

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found these by accident. Ten questions are posed to various champions and living legends. I found Efren's responses to be very interesting. The questions are:

1. What player do you admire?
  2. What is your favorite game?
  3. What is your least favorite game?
  4. What quality or trait do you like in a player?
  5. What quality or trait do you not like in a player?
  6. What is your biggest weakness as a player?
  7. What is your biggest strength as a player?
  8. What is your biggest regret?
  9. What is your greatest achievement?
  10. Which player would you be?

I find his answers to questions 1 and 10 to be of the highest caliber of compliments another player can receive.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eLhkLgfInw

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Always a good one.

Always nice to see. Thanks.

I found these by accident. Ten questions are posed to various champions and living legends. I found Efren's responses to be very interesting. The questions are:

I find his answers to questions 1 and 10 to be of the highest caliber of compliments another player can receive.

Enjoy:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wasted half an hour watching all the guys they interviewed- quite interesting!

On a side note, I think it would be better to interview the guys in the language they are most comfortable and get a translation- it would allow for more elaboration and nuance in the answers. Just nit picking though

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wasted half an hour watching all the guys they interviewed- quite interesting!

On a side note, I think it would be better to interview the guys in the language they are most comfortable and get a translation- it would allow for more elaboration and nuance in the answers. Just nit picking though
You make a good point. I was thinking the same when watching the Pinoys.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this!

Efren has always said that Mike Sigel was the toughest opponent he ever faced.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this!

Efren has always said that Mike Sigel was the toughest opponent he ever faced.

That is because Efren remembers how Mike played before he pretty much retired to support Brunswick in 1987. After that, Sigel played very irregularly. Most of the videos you do see of him now was when he played only occasionally 1988-1994 or so. He even won one or two one-pocket tournaments, though not a game he seemed to like. There is a lot players, of that time, that owe a lot of their wins to Mike's retirement. I certainly don't feel he was ever the same player once he began playing irregularly (and who would be).

A lot of players commented on the old Sigel though.

"Mike Sigel was the best pool player I ever saw," Hopkins
"When he's playing for the big money, he never misses a ball." Puckett

The thing I remember most about watching a prime Sigel myself, was he made the most difficult shots in pool look like 1 foot straight in side pocket shots. The shots all us would dread (cue ball frozen, length of the table, etc...), he would just talk a few minutes about how tough it was, get the crowds worked up, and then just nail them in. Still to this day, I have not seen any player that routinely made the really difficult shots look so easy (in the highest of pressure situations). But a different time as well, now they just play safe :rolleyes:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Enjoy:

Mike Sigel. For a lot of us, this isn't a surprise. That's how dominant Sigel was in tournament play.

Freddie

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Enjoy:

Great interviews
This was the first batch of interviews
Justin said that second batch would be released later but 2 years later still not released :D