Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 10 ball - what happened here?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
10 ball - what happened here?
Old
  (#1)
dyenom
AzB Bronze Member
dyenom is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

10 ball - what happened here? - 07-20-2016, 06:47 PM

What happened at 47:20 in this video? Dechaine shoots the 8 ball, Sigel comes out, looks at the shot, and passes it back to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBZ1sYM2psA

Old
  (#2)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

07-20-2016, 07:00 PM

I assume they're playing call-shot where if you call a ball and miss the other person has the option of making you shoot again. This avoids the possibility of someone calling a ball but then intentionally playing safe.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#3)
dyenom
AzB Bronze Member

07-20-2016, 07:02 PM

Makes sense. I just saw it happen again. He shot a 2-10 combo and missed and he passed the shot back. I've watched a lot of 10-ball and never seen that before. Good to know.

Thanks for the response.

Old
  (#4)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member
sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2016, 07:55 PM

If you make a ball you didn't call in 10-ball it's your opponent's choice to shoot it or make you shoot from there.

Old
  (#5)
dyenom
AzB Bronze Member

07-20-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
If you make a ball you didn't call in 10-ball it's your opponent's choice to shoot it or make you shoot from there.
What threw me off is that Dechaine didn't make the ball. He shot the 8 like he was trying to cut it in and missed. The following shot was wide open - just a long rail bank.

I noticed a while later they were calling safeties I just didn't notice it until a while after I had submitted the post.

Old
  (#6)
9andout
Hope to run 50+...someday

9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2016, 10:44 AM

It would have to be call shot and call safe.
I've watched some tournaments where they just at call shot.
So the 2 way shot is still a factor.

In training for the "Senior Division" By then I might actually be decent! Still love Earl!!
Lover of shot clocks!

Old
  (#7)
lakeman77
AzB Silver Member
lakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

07-21-2016, 11:59 AM

so if you call a pocket and miss the opponent can give it back to you?

Old
  (#8)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2016, 12:05 PM

I don't like the rule. The 2 way shot is a staple of a lot of high level players.

Old
  (#9)
GideonF
AzB Silver Member
GideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman77 View Post
Yes - in the call shot/call safe version. This is a rule in place in some tournaments, but is obviously not the standard WPA world 10b rules.

Regards,

Gideon

“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.” Hugh Keough.

Old
  (#10)
Jeff Rosen
AzB Silver Member
Jeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rosen has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2016, 04:12 PM

When I was in the Mega Bucks League we played 8, 9, & 10 Ball in alternate weeks. When we played 10 ball we played call shot, call safety. I understand this is the basic format for pro 10 ball. You just don't see it happen so much because pro's have very few unforced errors. If they call a shot they almost always make it. If they feel there's a chance they can miss they won't take the chance and call safety.

Old
  (#11)
9andout
Hope to run 50+...someday

9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman77 View Post
Yes because you didn't call safe.
If you call safe you can't shoot again. Your opponent has to shoot. (Can't pass it back)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: