Tom Hay's SIB tips

pathman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know there is already a lengthy thread about these new tips but I just wanted to give a quick review after getting mine yesterday. On initial inspection these tips just scream quality, the printing the cool yellow tinted color and the tightness and consistency of the layers are all top notch. I installed a "Pro" hardness example on my regular player and I am over the top impressed. The tip machined perfectly with a razor blade and there was not even a hint of layer separation, the thing cut down like a non-layered tip. I played about 10 racks of nine ball with it ( a small sample size I realize) and the performance is impressive. I would say it hits a little firmer than the black ultraskin pro, but not hard by any stretch. The compression is a little less but the cue ball grab is tremendous. Spin is effortless and the feedback to your hand is automatic unlike some softer tips that can feel a little mushy. If you're on the fence, pull the trigger. I can't really compare them to the old Moori tips because it's been so long since I've played one, but these are the best feeling tips I've tried in quite a long time. Nice job on developing these Tom.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the quick review :smile:

I am currently trying to get some shipped to Finland. Once (if :confused:) I get them here I'll write up on them too. Cant wait to try one but still have to pray that Tom agrees to send me some overseas :thumbup:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Sweet, i was hoping to have mine yesterday as well for tonight, but hopefully next week.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SIB tips

Put one med. on when they arrived and played 9ball league Tuesday night
I am impressed so far. No miscues, moved the ball easy, kept shape, overall
played nice. I would recommend them, nice tip! I played about 30 games
that night. Had some slight mushrooming but nothing big. I am shooting
tomorrow night and will add more if I think I need to.