Deuel vs Bergman

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, time for Corey to hang it up, he can't win anymore...
Bergman and Sky are the future.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member

Back in 2014 Shane gave Corey the 5 and 6 playing 10-ball race to 21 on a Tight table.
Final score 21-10 Shane.
Who else in the world is going to give Corey just the 6 and like it?

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you sayinng?

Back in 2014 Shane gave Corey the 5 and 6 playing 10-ball race to 21 on a Tight table.
Final score 21-10 Shane.

You think Shane could give Bergman or Sky or any of the top players the 5 and the 6 in 10 Ball????

I like SVB's game but he would have a LONG line of guys lining up to play him with 5/6 no matter what he did to Corey.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final score 21-10 Shane.
Just my point, even with a spot he can't compete with the top players anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm referring the top 10 or 12 players in the world, not the rankings system which I think we all agree is jacked up. Alex not in the top 10 is ridiculous!

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
You think Shane could give Bergman or Sky or any of the top players the 5 and the 6 in 10 Ball????

I like SVB's game but he would have a LONG line of guys lining up to play him with 5/6 no matter what he did to Corey.

What I am saying is Shane gave Corey the 5+6 and beat him 21-10 back in 2014.
I went on to say something to the effect of "The line of people waiting to give
Corey the 6 is mighty short".

Kind regards, Dave.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Same Corey Deuel that won the 9-ball Challenge tournament a few days ago on these tables.

Freddie

Last edited:

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So let me get this straight. Corey loses a match to a great player 21-16 and now everyone thinks he sucks, and is a washed up has been. The only reason Shane gave him that spot when they played is because his break is horrible in 10 ball. He would never consider giving Corey a spot like that in 9 ball. For all of the people on here that think Sky or Bergman are in the same league as Shane come at me with some stats to prove it and I'm not talking about playing on the great equalizer the bar box. Shane tortures either of them badly on a 9 ft. In a race to 100 playing 10 ball neither Sky or Bergman gets to 80.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
It sounds like Mr. Deuel's problem is consistency.

He should read some of the advice threads here on AZB. We've covered the topic numerous times. I hope he knows how to use the search function. :grin:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final score 21-10 Shane.

Aren't such spots kind of pointless against top level pros? I mean Shane just runs out all the time, so getting the 6 isn't really going to help you much

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So let me get this straight. Corey loses a match to a great player 21-16 and now everyone thinks he sucks, and is a washed up has been. The only reason Shane gave him that spot when they played is because his break is horrible in 10 ball. He would never consider giving Corey a spot like that in 9 ball. For all of the people on here that think Sky or Bergman are in the same league as Shane come at me with some stats to prove it and I'm not talking about playing on the great equalizer the bar box. Shane tortures either of them badly on a 9 ft. In a race to 100 playing 10 ball neither Sky or Bergman gets to 80.

I think Bergman is better than Woodward and would have a chance against Shane. He would certainly be the underdog, but would probably make it close. He is a great player.

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
corey was straight up worn out in that match. He won the 9 ball challenge 2 days before & was in the middle of playing in the 10 ball challenge. he had played 21 matches in 4 days not counting that race to 21. He had also just left his 4th match of that day to go play Bergman, then after that he went & played another match. So he won the 9 ball & took 4th in the 10 ball. also this is an exhibition that pays both guys & they may very well have split so I wouldn't get too hung up on the outcome.