Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Brunswick Superspeed Cushions
Page 7 of 11 « First 567 89 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
JoseV
AzB Silver Member
JoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1800
Location: New Bedford Massachusetts<-Home. Currently in Hampton Va..
 Send a message via ICQ to JoseV Send a message via MSN to JoseV Send a message via Yahoo to JoseV  
07-27-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_vielee View Post
As long as I can get 4 1/2 to 5 table lengths from the head spit with these new superspeeds then I'm good with that.
Is this done with a center ball hit and and hard stroke ? I tried it with a low hit and hard stroke and got 4 1/2 rails from the head spot and it the ball died right at center table.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reading my posts means you consent to my incorrect spelling and poor typing skills.

Name: Jose E. Vazquez
Playing Cue: The Enigma by Joss one of a Kind.
Full Core From Joint to Butt Plate. Forward Balanced.
92 Pieces of ivory inlaid Not counting Joint.
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer Black
Jump Cue: Woody
Case: Insroke 3 by 7 Saddle Series

Old
  (#92)
jim_vielee
AzB Silver Member
jim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond reputejim_vielee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-27-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseV View Post
Is this done with a center ball hit and and hard stroke ? I tried it with a low hit and hard stroke and got 4 1/2 rails from the head spot and it the ball died right at center table.

What kid of table do you have?

Old
  (#93)
JoseV
AzB Silver Member
JoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1800
Location: New Bedford Massachusetts<-Home. Currently in Hampton Va..
 Send a message via ICQ to JoseV Send a message via MSN to JoseV Send a message via Yahoo to JoseV  
07-27-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_vielee View Post
What kid of table do you have?
GC3, Simonis 860 with super speed cushions.

Reading my posts means you consent to my incorrect spelling and poor typing skills.

Name: Jose E. Vazquez
Playing Cue: The Enigma by Joss one of a Kind.
Full Core From Joint to Butt Plate. Forward Balanced.
92 Pieces of ivory inlaid Not counting Joint.
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer Black
Jump Cue: Woody
Case: Insroke 3 by 7 Saddle Series

Old
  (#94)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

07-27-2017, 12:43 PM

Damn, trent and mark were banned.

Damn mechanic flame wars.

Old
  (#95)
Type79
AzB Gold Member
Type79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-27-2017, 12:52 PM

-------------------------

Jay Fishbein

On Facebook - Palmer Cues - Original By Palmer
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412351735677519/

Old
  (#96)
mchnhed
Steve Banning
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Damn, trent and mark were banned.
Damn mechanic flame wars.
Happy now?

Can you now get rid of that derogatory signature?

quote by qbilder
That's what you get for listening to that blowhard That guy takes a tiny crumb of info & next thing you know he's preaching an entire knowledge base around it. He has a well earned reputation for manipulating, twisting, playing folks against one another as if they are pawns in his personal game of chess.He does so with no regard to anybody but himself, for nothing but his own personal gain.

Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 07-27-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Old
  (#97)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnhed View Post
Happy now?
YOU happy now?
I had nothing to do with their flame war.

Old
  (#98)
mchnhed
Steve Banning
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Happy now?

Can you now get rid of that derogatory signature?

quote by qbilder
That's what you get for listening to that blowhard That guy takes a tiny crumb of info & next thing you know he's preaching an entire knowledge base around it. He has a well earned reputation for manipulating, twisting, playing folks against one another as if they are pawns in his personal game of chess.He does so with no regard to anybody but himself, for nothing but his own personal gain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
YOU happy now?
I had nothing to do with their flame war.
No, but you added gasoline and watched it burn!

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#99)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

07-27-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
No, but you added gasoline and watched it burn!
That's funny. I didn't post anything in between their flame war.
And, no to your request. It's a reminder to myself not to listen to some people.
And you are starting another flame war.
Practice what you preach.

Old
  (#100)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Wrong, apples to oranges, but if you really played pool you'd know that, sorry for correcting you, but you ARE wrong.

Let me give you just one example of you being wrong. If you take the cue ball and shoot it the cull length of the table dead down the middle and contact the center diamond on the foot rail with either extreme 9 or 3 o'clock english/spin, you'll be able to come off the cushion at a greater angle rebounding off the Artemis cushions than you ever will coming off the superspeed cushions, why is that? Try shortening up a bank shot on the klematch P59 K55 profile cushions, good luck. Why do you think billiards cushions are so dense, so hard, in fact so hard that if you stretch the rail cloth with a pair of pliers and place a staple right next to the nose of the pliers, the nose of the cushions won't show any signs of dimpling? No, superspeed cushions don't play anywhere near what Artemis or Klematch cushions, for pool, they play better period.
If I really played pool? LOL
Dude you need to stop talking out of the side of your face.

Sorry but they all make "good" pool cushions regardless of your opinion.
Furthermore, without any proof of your claims, its just a bunch of hot air.

"I'm the great and powerful Glen and nobody knows more about rubber than ME!
...Or rails!
..Or tables!
...Or cloth!
I am The Glen and you are all IDIOTS ! "

Please show us the results of your durometer tests Glen.
(ANY durometer testing you have done to Brunswick, Artemis or Klematch cushions)
Show us the video(s) of identical tables set up with different cushions for testing.
Show us the ramp you've built for launching balls into various cushions at the exact same speed and angle.
Show us the chemical makeup comparison of each cushion and their % of gum rubber + additives.

After you do, then we can have a serious conversation about cushions.

Old
  (#101)
His Boy Elroy
AzB Silver Member
His Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2017, 04:22 PM

For a little over 3 years I played on a GCIV that had sub - rails extended by Jerimy Chambers. I asked him to Diamondize it. He said he knew how to do that. I joined AZ 4 years ago. Early on I wasn't a big fan of RKC. It wasn't because I thought I was a know - it - all. It was more naïveté on my part.

I kept listening to him though. Much of what I know now about pool tables I learned from reading his posts. Some others helped. ( "I to be Rich" wrote me a long, helpful p.m.once) Anyhow; the only reason I asked Jerimy to Diamondize my GCIV was because I read RKC talking about the fine tables he (RKC) produced with the process.

So Jerimy told me he wanted to put either Superspeeds or whatever the Artemis cushions are called that are installed on Diamonds (I'm not entirely sure....I think that means Artemis 66 intercontinentals) Jerimy told me there's only one difference between the 2 cushions.....The Artemis cushions have a SLIGHT more spring to them. That's all. I chose the Artemis.

When I make a 3 rail kick, I don't plan where I want the ball to hit on the 2nd and 3rd rail. I'll pick out a place ( sometimes any place) where I know I'd come up short with a center - ball hit. I then apply what I just FEEL is the appropriate spin needed to get the ball to the destination. It's all feel and experience. I look at the object ball I want to hit, I pick a place on the first rail I want to hit, and I pay little attention to the 2nd and 3rd rail.

I'm pretty successful at this. I don't know. Maybe everyone does it this way. All I know is I've never.....EVER felt cheated by those Artemis cushions on my GCIV (now "Jazzboxblues" table. I sold it to him.) The spring is perfect. They're consistent all around. Maybe they're shorter or longer than Superspeeds. I don't know. All I know is that my kicking and banking has improved tremendously over the last 3 years. If the Artemis cushions are longer or shorter than other cushions. I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to adjust in little time

......I'm a little confused with this thread. Let's give RKC credit where credit is due though. He certainly, with his AZ posting, contributed to my attaining a fine GCIV and finding a fine mechanic to work on it. Now that table belongs to another AZ member. RKC should feel good about that!

.........but oh - OH....those su - UMMER.......nigh - IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS...........❤️

Last edited by His Boy Elroy; 07-27-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Old
  (#102)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

07-27-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bond View Post

...Or rails!
..Or tables!
...Or cloth!

(ANY durometer testing you have done to Brunswick, Artemis or Klematch cushions)
Show us the video(s) of identical tables set up with different cushions for testing.
Show us the ramp you've built for launching balls into various cushions at the exact same speed and angle.
Show us the chemical makeup comparison of each cushion and their % of gum rubber + additives.

Ok, in your own words, why do you think superspeed, artemis, and klematch cushions all play the same on a pool table. Why don't the best billiards tables in the world install superspeed cushions? What's the MAIN difference between 3C rail rubber and pool rubber? Nows your chance to shin....or sink like a rock, because i know the answers....do you?

Old
  (#103)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:

...Or rails!
..Or tables!
...Or cloth!

You want to challenge my billiards knowledge about the difference in cushions, you'd better get way past the 2nd grade buddy, because we're talking college level shit right here, not no grade school bs!

Old
  (#104)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

07-27-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:

...Or rails!
..Or tables!
...Or cloth!

Durometer test....rotflmao....i did better than that, i installed a set of klematch P59 K55 profile cushions on a Diamond 9ft Professional at the Bank Shot Billiards in Louisville, KY. That's where Greg Sullivan play pool, and a few HOF bank pool players play out of there as well. Only took 2 weeks to get the orders to take the cushions off and replace them with the Artemis intercontinental K55 cushions because the Klematch P59 K55 profile cushions were.NOT accepted with open arms by the bank pool players....now, i wonder why that is, funny thing was....i told Greg beforhand that the cushions wouldn'tbe acceptable by the bank pool players because they'd have to give up making certain banks....guess who was right? Didn't need a durometer gage to tell me that answer!!!

Last edited by realkingcobra; 07-27-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Old
  (#105)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
You want to challenge my billiards knowledge about the difference in cushions, you'd better get way past the 2nd grade buddy, because we're talking college level shit right here, not no grade school bs!
Just show us your test results Glen.
Then you can sit at the grown up table.

Page 7 of 11 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: