Has anyone here ever played with a Stenback cue? Cue maker from Sparta ,WI.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I just have to ask, what are you looking for in a cue that you have not been able to find yet????

I just have to ask, what are you looking for in a cue that you have not been able to find yet????

I can't afford anything that I would be really happy with. I should probably just buy one of those Players HXT cues, that come standard with a Kamui soft tip. That might be best for a really poor person like me, that just wants a decent cue to shoot with (that I would be able to hold on to).

https://www.seyberts.com/purex-hxtsn-pool-cue

Those might be decent enough to make me happy. I do not know though. I never thought much of the Players brand. They might make a really decent hitting cue these days though.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't afford anything that I would be really happy with. I should probably just buy one of those Players HXT cues, that come standard with a Kamui soft tip. That might be best for a really poor person like me, that just wants a decent cue to shoot with (that I would be able to hold on to).

Those might be decent enough to make me happy. I do not know though. I never thought much of the Players brand. They might make a really decent hitting cue these days though.
I'm gonna quit telling you about those $100 full splice sneakies from Schmelke as they seem to be to high priced for you. Another good cue that might be in your range is a McDermott Lucky @ Seyberts for $47.50. I think there are 5 colors to choose from & they are really good playing cues. Seyberts has a finance plan called "Affirm". You can receive the cue now & pay in 3, 6, or 12 monthly installments. Just google Seybert's Billiards layaway plan!

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
How many cues have you owned in the last 3 years? I'd guess enough to pay for a searing if you combined them all.

I'm gonna quit telling you about those $100 full splice sneakies from Schmelke as they seem to be to high priced for you. Another good cue that might be in your range is a McDermott Lucky @ Seyberts for $47.50. I think there are 5 colors to choose from & they are really good playing cues. Seyberts has a finance plan called "Affirm". You can receive the cue now & pay in 3, 6, or 12 monthly installments. Just google Seybert's Billiards layaway plan!

Thanks for the advice. I always thought that the McDermott Lucky cues might hit decent, because they do come with their standard 3/8x10 joint, which I like. I also been thinking of getting one of Dale Perry's ebay cues. They are nice looking (in my opinion), and they come with a Radial pin joint (which is my favorite joint on cues). I know that the quality is not that great, but for $130, you get a decent cue for the money (considering the average decent custom cues these days is at least $500, on average, I think). I did apply for the Seyberts credit awhile back, but was declined. Darned unpaid medical bills have ruined my credit (like the $900 that I was recently charged for 2 minuted with a PA at the ER, to get some antibiotics for a dental infection that I had, because I did not have $200 to pay an Urgent Care center up front for a visit). Not having good medical insurance really screws a person in life. I know, I only have myself to blame.

How many cues have you owned in the last 3 years? I'd guess enough to pay for a searing if you combined them all.

Lol, that is funny. Yeah, maybe if I had saved my pennies up for the last 3 years, I might have enough saved for a good cue, that I would love.

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
stenback cues

how does someone from north carolina wonder about a local cuemaker from wisconsin who makes custom cues , as you know custom cues are not cheap

how does someone from north carolina wonder about a local cuemaker from wisconsin who makes custom cues , as you know custom cues are not cheap

I think I must have found it on ebay (or online somewhere). Maybe facebook. I can't remember. Many custom cues actually are very cheap on the used market, but I have learned that you get what you pay for.

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the advice. I always thought that the McDermott Lucky cues might hit decent, because they do come with their standard 3/8x10 joint, which I like.

I haven't hit with one myself, but if you are considering the Lucky line, you may want to look at Viking's Valhalla series. They are roughly the same price and they actually come with a lifetime warrantee including warping which the Lucky line doesn't cover. That is a very respectable warrantee, especially for such an inexpensive cue.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a one of a kind OB cue for sale. Heck I might even let you make payments on it. It’s great.

Good luck on cue hunting. It’s tough to find anything for the right price now.

I haven't hit with one myself, but if you are considering the Lucky line, you may want to look at Viking's Valhalla series. They are roughly the same price and they actually come with a lifetime warrantee including warping which the Lucky line doesn't cover. That is a very respectable warrantee, especially for such an inexpensive cue.

Viking makes a really nice hitting cue. Not sure if their import line is decent though. I like the Mcdermott lucky cues because they come with the wood to wood joint, same as their standard line. I assume their shaft taper is not that great though (compared to their standard more expensive made in America line), on the lucky cues.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viking makes a really nice hitting cue. Not sure if their import line is decent though. I like the Mcdermott lucky cues because they come with the wood to wood joint, same as their standard line. I assume their shaft taper is not that great though (compared to their standard more expensive made in America line), on the lucky cues.

Get a Lucky cue and a good shaft for it. You can get a used OB and it will be just fine to use for a long time. Or an HXT and stop with looking at every other cue you see out there. You must have driven your parents crazy when young with all the ads on TV. MOOMMMM, I NEED that Smurfs Ultra Deluxe House!! Mooommm, now I NEED the Smurfs Super Ultra Deluxe House model B!! Mom, I sold my house for candy at school, can you buy me another?

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

just buy a schmelke and stop posting here forever

mjkeil62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Those might be decent enough to make me happy. I do not know though. I never thought much of the Players brand. They might make a really decent hitting cue these days though.[/QUOTE

Hey Justin I PMed you about a cue you can have.