New JB case
Old
  (#1)
Coop1701
AzB Silver Member
Coop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

New JB case - 08-08-2017, 06:48 AM

I have been wanting to buy a nicer case for a long. I kept doing research and I have went through probably 4 or 5 cases over the past 12 years.

I started looking thru JB's stuff and saw a few I really liked. Then during pool last Thursday I ran in to a guy that had 2 JB cases. One for himself and One for his wife. I really liked the construction and design. So I broke down and ordered one. It's going to be a long wait for it. I picked a different design that most.

I just hope in the end, I like it as much as I did the pics on line. ...,and now I wait. I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks. lol

Hope.., is not a Tactic.

Old
  (#2)
$TAKE HOR$E
champagne - campaign
$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-08-2017, 06:56 AM

They're great...definitely at the top of the game quality wise

Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, they will talk about you forever
~ unknown

The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain
~ Bruce Lee

Ya'll warned me, but I didnt listen.....
~ Death Ball

I'm not surprised motherf*%$#@'s
~ Nate Diaz

WWW.MACECUES.COM

DOOM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463005

Old
  (#3)
Koop
AzB Silver Member
Koop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 78612

08-08-2017, 07:24 AM

They make an outstanding case for the money. I own one plus a hybrid Instroke/Barton that is my main case.

Old
  (#4)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2017, 08:22 AM

Life is too short, get something that makes you happy!

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#5)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop1701 View Post
I have been wanting to buy a nicer case for a long. I kept doing research and I have went through probably 4 or 5 cases over the past 12 years.

I started looking thru JB's stuff and saw a few I really liked. Then during pool last Thursday I ran in to a guy that had 2 JB cases. One for himself and One for his wife. I really liked the construction and design. So I broke down and ordered one. It's going to be a long wait for it. I picked a different design that most.

I just hope in the end, I like it as much as I did the pics on line. ...,and now I wait. I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks. lol
Mine took a week under the estimate to get done. Came out better than what the design online looked. I posted some pictures of the process in a post when it was being done, they actually texted me the pictures of the case as it was in construction to double check it was correct before they finished it fully.

I got the 3x6 instead of the 2x4 and was very happy I did. The 3x6 is perfect even for two cues with a few extra shafts and the cost difference is negligible. I did not get any options aside from customizing the colors and adding a towel ring (which looks to be strong enough to pull a tank BTW), I thought for a custom designed case with the quality of the construction it was a fair price. Unlike most I did not get the back-back straps, but you can sling it across your chest side-ways and it ends up acting the same way. You can actually see it in my post about the BEF Nationals where my son is using it. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=457861

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 08-08-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Old
  (#6)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
08-08-2017, 10:35 AM

Coop,

Just purchased my second JB case for use while I'm in Vegas. Replaced a twenty plus year old Porper with a torn strap. For the money, John offers the best for a reasonable amount of money. My new case is a 2 x 5 Ultimate with back pack straps. Also has the cue ball pocket in the top, a cell phone pack inside the middle pocket and the big pocket organizer JB offers. Used it during my recent trip to the BCAPl Nationals. The back pack option is the "bomb".

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#7)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
08-08-2017, 07:44 PM

Coop,

The back pack option has a few benefits. First, for events like the league nationals, you can carry the case anywhere without changing shoulders. Sure helped my posture. If you find using both straps on a daily basis is a pain, take one strap off. Also, remember to put your cues in butt first. Leaving the butt end up makes it much more difficult to get the butt out. It's held that tightly! Regardless of which case you chose, you won't be dis-satisfied.

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#8)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks. lol
And if it does it worth the wait.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Oil tan
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee
Honorary member TCC
I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#9)
flyrv9
AzB Silver Member
flyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond reputeflyrv9 has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2017, 08:33 PM

I got the basic black ultimate rugged 3 x 6 JB case a few years back. It was a great deal for the price. I'm not easy on stuff, driving a truck most of the time, and tossing it behind the seat. It has held up well. I'd get another if I had cues to put in it!

Old
  (#10)
Ched
"Hey ... I'm back"!
Ched has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2017, 12:45 AM

John makes a very good case .. you'll be happy with it.

Best always,
Ched

cues: too many, most are pretty decent.

Old
  (#11)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2017, 12:55 AM

I demonstrate mine by leaving it open and turning it upside down.
Jason

Old
  (#12)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2017, 02:16 AM

I have 8 or 9 JB cases now & they are all awesome. Almost all the different types they offer. Never have a thought about even trying another brand & I've tried many through the years.

Old
  (#13)
Coop1701
AzB Silver Member
Coop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2017, 05:05 AM

I appreciate all the good words. I'll post a picture when I get in. You guys have me really excited. I like all the positive things everyone has said.

It's not typical everyone on AZ agrees about something. lol

Thanks a lot Guys...

Hope.., is not a Tactic.

Old
  (#14)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
I appreciate all the good words. I'll post a picture when I get in. You guys have me really excited. I like all the positive things everyone has said.

It's not typical everyone on AZ agrees about something. lol

Thanks a lot Guys...
I have a 2X4 rugged that John made for the AZB Gold member giveaway. I believe that he only made 12 of these, that have the AZB logo inside the lid. It will be with me for a very long time. Great case.
You will enjoy yours.
j2

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#15)
Sweatin'
AzB Silver Member
Sweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond reputeSweatin' has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2017, 05:17 AM

So wait-are you guys saying that when your cues and shafts are loaded in a JB case they are somehow captured in the interior and won't fall out even if you open the top and turn the case upside down? And do you need to always put your cues in butt first?

I have a 2x3 Basic Rugged coming in tomorrow but didn't realize I'd need instructions on how to use it.

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: