Anyone Try NAVIGATOR TIPS...FEEDBACK, PLEASE Thanks

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mainly expensive. A little harder than the usual ones.
Grippy.

Expensive!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I bought some Navigator tips from Cuestix for a tip repair guy, and he is just going crazy over them.
He has a feminine name for the Alpha tip colors, but he loves the tips.
I thought the Alpha tips were fantastic as well.
I love tips like these that are on the hard side, but they draw the ball well without miscues, and they cut & shape very well for the installer.

I have also heard good things about the Hybrid tips, but Cuestix doesn't carry them yet.

Personally I'm hooked on the Searing Precision medium tips, but I would have no problem switching to Navigator.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the Navigator was an ok tip at best, and not worth $25. As the producer of the Thoroughbred Tips, I doubt there is a tip out there that will hold chalk better than the Thoroughbred tips and they are only $10. If there is, I haven't seen it. The Very Soft through Medium hold chalk unbelievably well. One of my test subjects told me yesterday that he played 3 racks of 8 ball without chalking and didn't miscue using a medium soft. This was with regular blue masters.

Kelly

Last edited:

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Navigator alpha on a titleist conversion. I'm not crazy about it. I've had it for about 6 months now.

Things I noticed:
-It glazed almost instantly.
-It mushroomed within one rack.
-It's harder than I expected for a soft tip.
-It is beautiful.

I shoot with a 12mm shaft so maybe if you have more surface area (12/75-13mm) it could feel different, but I about to go back to a clear SS or a milk dud.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I tried all myself, the Rainbow Colors, the all Blacks and the deep Blues.
Yes they a bit harder as others, specially the Blacks, I love myself the Deep Blue SS or Soft, with the Navigator Chalk together the Nutz:thumbup:

Just my 2 Cents