Anyone have a Lucasi Cue w/ an OB+1 Shaft?

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I was thinking about getting an OB+1 shaft for my Lucasi Cue.

Is anyone out there playing with this setup?

Could you share your experience and maybe give a review?

T H A N X ! -Z-

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with one for years. I liked their shafts and it took me awhile to find a tip that would not mushroom on their shafts... Just don't be afraid to experiment with tips.

I eventually switched to OB cues altogether. But it's fine shooting with Lucasi and Ob Shafts. The OB 1 is very consistent.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about getting an OB+1 shaft for my Lucasi Cue.

Is anyone out there playing with this setup?

Could you share your experience and maybe give a review?

T H A N X ! -Z-

It won't matter what butt you have with the shaft, it will play like an OB shaft no matter what it's connected to. The hit feel will be different but it's pretty much impossible to explain what the hit feel changes may be from your current shaft. If you played with an OB before, it will have the exact same performance and most of the same hit.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
W O W ! That's some impressive feedback and also consistent :thumbup:

I'm buying one tonight.

Thank you Gents, much appreciated. -Z-

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
W O W ! That's some impressive feedback and also consistent :thumbup:

I'm buying one tonight.

Thank you Gents, much appreciated. -Z-

Your signatures states you have an OB-136, why not just use that since it comes with an OB shaft? :eek::confused:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a bottom of the line Lucasi Custom butt with a Predator shaft. Unless you are used to some non standard setup you should be fine.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Your signatures states you have an OB-136, why not just use that since it comes with an OB shaft? :eek::confused:

Fair question. In my office, where I just put in a GC III, I leave my daily playing cue, a Lucasi, on the cue rack that's mounted to the rear of the door to the storage closet (along with my Break cue and the house cues not in use). Given what the OB-136 cost me, and what it's proably worth (given so very few were made and with Royce's passing) I'm worried about it walking away...as low risk as that might be. With a Lucasi, if walks away, I'd get over it in about 5 mins. Screwey logic, perhaps, but definitely my logic nevertheless. Again though, fair question. -Z-