Buyer seller transaction issue question

Rackattach

Banned
Sold a cue to an AZ member, a cheap $100 cue.
Buyer gets it and says it hits very well and likes it but has a small roll and I quote it lifts a "quarter" which is about 1/32" which, in my opinion for a $100 cue is basically a taper roll or nothing that's warped or broken.

Next, he demands a 20% refund

I, the seller say I'll give you three options since I don't want to get fighting over a $100 cue:
1. Return it for a full refund including shipping
2. I'll refund 10%
3. Return it and I'll have it fixed on my dime

Next the buyer says he went ahead and had it fixed and is demending a refund of double what I offered and claims he'll start a bad thread about this $100 cue.

Am I in the wrong here? Was what I offered ok?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sold a cue to an AZ member, a cheap $100 cue.
Buyer gets it and says it hits very well and likes it but has a small roll and I quote it lifts a "quarter" which is about 1/32" which, in my opinion for a $100 cue is basically a taper roll or nothing that's warped or broken.

Next, he demands a 20% refund

I, the seller say I'll give you three options since I don't want to get fighting over a $100 cue:
1. Return it for a full refund including shipping
2. I'll refund 10%
3. Return it and I'll have it fixed on my dime

Next the buyer says he went ahead and had it fixed and is demending a refund of double what I offered and claims he'll start a bad thread about this $100 cue.

Am I in the wrong here? Was what I offered ok?
Sounds to me like you were more than fair in your offers and the buyer is off-the-air. Not Justin386 by any chance?

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my opinion but I think you have done all that should be required by a seller. Not only did you offer options, but the first option was for you to issue a full refund including shipping.

How much more fair could it get than that?

JasBy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my opinion but I think you have done all that should be required by a seller. Not only did you offer options, but the first option was for you to issue a full refund including shipping.

How much more fair could it get than that?
If you offer a full refund and they don't take it, it means they wanted the cue. At that point it is on them. 3 times I have had something similar happen with an EBay buyer, all 3 times I told them to send it back if they were unhappy or keep it for the price they paid. Haven't gotten one back yet.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

He had no right to go ahead with any repairs.
And then wants to charge you?
And then threatens blackmail?

What were the repairs?
Most likely a reface of the joint?
Common with age and use.

Last edited:

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Why wait for him..... tell us who it is, so we can avoid him like the plague.

As soon as he told you he had it repaired, the sale was final. End of discussion.

Idiots like this should be outed.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your offers to make good were spot on. His decision to 'repair' himself make the transaction final.

Please ' Un-Mask' this member save any potential seller here of possible future encounters.

Have a good day,

-Kat,

EDIT: Probably jumped with my response and @Rack being new to board as seller. Generally there are 2 sides of these stories eventually posted here. Busy Moet.77was very fast with his side and response. Either way $100 cue roll them dice and take your chances.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
what you offered was fair
once he repaired it on his own without your ok the cue is his
jmho

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now

Now for the other half of the story.
He says cue is straight and sound hits good so I tell him I'll take it.
To start with and I got pictures too the cue does roll straight apart but when you put it together it lifts about a quarter of an inch of the dam table. ( no where near what he said)
Also when I get it the dam box is ripped half way down it (not reusable at all)

Now here is where it gets interesting
I message him and tell him from his response I no he knew before he ever mailed that it didn't roll straight together Lol
I work 60 hrs a week and don't have time for this crap so I tell him to send me 20 dollars and I'll have pin fixed. ( yes pin was bent not a facing issue)
So he tells me hell send me 10 dollars or I can mail it back for a refund.

So I tell him truth I don't have the time ( I'm at work from 7am til7pm) plus it will cost me 25 or so just to mail it back cause I'll have to buy a new box for it. So it comes out easier and cheaper just to have me fix it.
A week goes by and he never puts money in my PayPal so I said he'll with it he can keep 20 if he's that broke and needs to screw people over and I tell him that I will tell my friends on AZ about how he does business. Cause in the end he new I was a busy person and he new the cue didn't roll straight but sent it anyway.
People on here no me I'm honest I sold and traded few higher end cues and all were better than I decided them.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As soon as he told you he had it repaired, the sale was final. End of discussion.

Really a response like this and you don't even know but half the story or who it is. No wonder so many good members don't log on ever often .

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

what you offered was fair
once he repaired it on his own without your ok the cue is his
jmho

You don't have to wait he only made this thread because I told him I was going. To make one and tell the AZ community how he does business. Me and my wife have been on this forum since 2010 with many sells between here and ebay with never any problems.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgot

I almost forgot best part yesterday I found this cue brand new on ebay with 2 shafts for 90.00 dollars. Lol
I only got 1 shaft and this cues has few bumps in it. Lol my mistake tho should have done my homework.
Great AZ seller uh?

I got to go back in to work but I will check on thread tis evening when I'm off work.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I almost forgot best part yesterday I found this cue brand new on ebay with 2 shafts for 90.00 dollars. Lol
I only got 1 shaft and this cues has few bumps in it. Lol my mistake tho should have done my homework.
Great AZ seller uh?

I got to go back in to work but I will check on thread tis evening when I'm off work.

Looks like you rode the wrong horse on that deal Sean

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
C'mon Moët, its a hundred dollar cue, you expected perfection?
To some people, apparently like yourself, straight would mean laser straight, no imperfections, to some others straight means no discernible bounce when rolled without a micrometer for measuring, and to others still straight might mean pretty straight for a hundred dollar cue, sounds like that is what you got. I think for a hundred I might expect some nicks or chips or a little roll. You do get what you pay for, you know.
Sounds like you got a hundred dollar cue.
So you say it's the pin?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
C'mon Moët, its a hundred dollar cue, you expected perfection?
To some people, apparently like yourself, straight would mean laser straight, no imperfections, to some others straight means no discernible bounce when rolled without a micrometer for measuring, and to others still straight might mean pretty straight for a hundred dollar cue, sounds like that is what you got. I think for a hundred I might expect some nicks or chips or a little roll. You do get what you pay for, you know.
Sounds like you got a hundred dollar cue.
So you say it's the pin?

I'm wondering if the damaged parcel had something to do with the bent pin.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The cue should have either sent back or accepted as is
A partial refund is typically an easy thing to accomplish but obviously not with these two guys.

When you are buying very inexpensive used cues what do you expect the quality to be.
I've always liked Sean, have made deals with him, but he should have sent the cue back, eat the shipping, and that's it.

If the cue rolled good apart I think the seller made an honest mistake but should still do a refund and Sean should just pay the shipping back and cut his losses

Time for me to get back to basics on this screwing together thing.
Some of the unchalked cues I've sold were never screwed together

8ballr

Banned
Now for the other half of the story.
He says cue is straight and sound hits good so I tell him I'll take it.
To start with and I got pictures too the cue does roll straight apart but when you put it together it lifts about a quarter of an inch of the dam table. ( no where near what he said)
Also when I get it the dam box is ripped half way down it (not reusable at all)

Now here is where it gets interesting
I message him and tell him from his response I no he knew before he ever mailed that it didn't roll straight together Lol
I work 60 hrs a week and don't have time for this crap so I tell him to send me 20 dollars and I'll have pin fixed. ( yes pin was bent not a facing issue)
So he tells me hell send me 10 dollars or I can mail it back for a refund.

So I tell him truth I don't have the time ( I'm at work from 7am til7pm) plus it will cost me 25 or so just to mail it back cause I'll have to buy a new box for it. So it comes out easier and cheaper just to have me fix it.
A week goes by and he never puts money in my PayPal so I said he'll with it he can keep 20 if he's that broke and needs to screw people over and I tell him that I will tell my friends on AZ about how he does business. Cause in the end he new I was a busy person and he new the cue didn't roll straight but sent it anyway.
People on here no me I'm honest I sold and traded few higher end cues and all were better than I decided them.

I don't understand you people...buy the cue from Seyberts and avoid situations like this.

Last edited: