how many tables?
Old
  (#1)
pulzcul
"Chasinrainbows"
pulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond repute
 
pulzcul's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 1600
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kalispell,Montana
   
how many tables? - 10-01-2017, 08:28 AM

I've got a space 50 ft by 50 ft with an 18x18 raised corner for seating. I'm interested in calculating how many 7' tables I can set up. We have seven 8' right now. I'm wondering if i can get 10 7's.


"I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible!!"
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute
 
arnaldo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2012
   
10-01-2017, 12:19 PM

Pulzcul,

In the absence of design/layout/drawing software you can easily estimate/calculate it the old school way that I’ve used many times to visualize placement of furniture, appliances, and seating in a given space in a new home, apartment, office, etc. Works excellently for estimating pool table configuring as well:

Simply get a sheet of paper or cardboard that's more than a foot square.

Pencil-in your room size as a square measuring 12 1/2 inches by 12 1/2 inches which represents your 50 foot room on a scale of 1/4 inch = one foot

Valley 7 footers typically measure 53 by 93 inches on the exterior dimensions -- your prospective ones in whatever brand you may buy will be pretty similar. Get a sheet of some heavyweight paper stock (cover stock or construction paper) and cut out 10 (or more) rectangular pieces measuring 1 15/16 inches by approx. 1 1/8 inches. These will represent accurately-scaled versions of your 7 footers. Then cut a couple toothpicks to just shy of 1 ¼ inches – these will represent a few 58” pool cues, accurately scaled, and will help you judge clearances. Now you're ready to experiment by moving the table simulations into the optimal configurations for your square footage and see what works for you.

Shelves at least 45 inches off the floor can take the place of pub tables for holding drinks and playing accessories if you’re tight for floor space and won’t interfere with a shooter’s backstroking in any way.

You need at least 4 feet of space between adjacent tables, and 5 feet of clearance from walls or other vertical obstructions or equipment.

Remember to pencil-in the scaled version of that 18 by 18 seating area.

I’ve laid out a number of rooms this way in the old days.

Arnaldo


“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Last edited by arnaldo; 10-01-2017 at 12:40 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Denis The Kid
AzB Silver Member
Denis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2014
   
10-01-2017, 12:28 PM

from a wall you need to add 5.5 ft to edge of table. between tables 6ft. my advice is not to cram just tables. seating room around each table is essential to bring in the people who will spend money. ie 2 couples / table, guys can play, girls can chat, drink, eat. my humble opinion.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Rimfirejunkie
AzB Silver Member
Rimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
 
Rimfirejunkie's Avatar
 
Status: Online
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Kentucky
   
10-01-2017, 02:18 PM

Why 7 footers? Thrown at least one 9 footer in. Someone will thank you.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute
 
realkingcobra's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 16,593
vCash: 5785
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On the road everywhere.
   
10-01-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulzcul View Post
I've got a space 50 ft by 50 ft with an 18x18 raised corner for seating. I'm interested in calculating how many 7' tables I can set up. We have seven 8' right now. I'm wondering if i can get 10 7's.
What else is going to be in that space?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
pulzcul
"Chasinrainbows"
pulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond repute
 
pulzcul's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 1600
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kalispell,Montana
   
10-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulzcul View Post
I've got a space 50 ft by 50 ft with an 18x18 raised corner for seating. I'm interested in calculating how many 7' tables I can set up. We have seven 8' right now. I'm wondering if i can get 10 7's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
What else is going to be in that space?
its a pool room with 7 8ft valleys with normal seating with tables. looking to put more tables in and I was wondering how much room i would gain with 7' tables. Arnaldo's post should work very well. I have some specific measurements to make but i'm hoping for room for at least 2 additional tables,


"I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible!!"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
pulzcul
"Chasinrainbows"
pulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond reputepulzcul has a reputation beyond repute
 
pulzcul's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 1600
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kalispell,Montana
   
10-01-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post
Pulzcul,

In the absence of design/layout/drawing software you can easily estimate/calculate it the old school way that I’ve used many times to visualize placement of furniture, appliances, and seating in a given space in a new home, apartment, office, etc. Works excellently for estimating pool table configuring as well:

Simply get a sheet of paper or cardboard that's more than a foot square.

Pencil-in your room size as a square measuring 12 1/2 inches by 12 1/2 inches which represents your 50 foot room on a scale of 1/4 inch = one foot

Valley 7 footers typically measure 53 by 93 inches on the exterior dimensions -- your prospective ones in whatever brand you may buy will be pretty similar. Get a sheet of some heavyweight paper stock (cover stock or construction paper) and cut out 10 (or more) rectangular pieces measuring 1 15/16 inches by approx. 1 1/8 inches. These will represent accurately-scaled versions of your 7 footers. Then cut a couple toothpicks to just shy of 1 ¼ inches – these will represent a few 58” pool cues, accurately scaled, and will help you judge clearances. Now you're ready to experiment by moving the table simulations into the optimal configurations for your square footage and see what works for you.

Shelves at least 45 inches off the floor can take the place of pub tables for holding drinks and playing accessories if you’re tight for floor space and won’t interfere with a shooter’s backstroking in any way.

You need at least 4 feet of space between adjacent tables, and 5 feet of clearance from walls or other vertical obstructions or equipment.

Remember to pencil-in the scaled version of that 18 by 18 seating area.

I’ve laid out a number of rooms this way in the old days.

Arnaldo
Excellent thanks


"I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible!!"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute
 
realkingcobra's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 16,593
vCash: 5785
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On the road everywhere.
   
10-01-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulzcul View Post
its a pool room with 7 8ft valleys with normal seating with tables. looking to put more tables in and I was wondering how much room i would gain with 7' tables. Arnaldo's post should work very well. I have some specific measurements to make but i'm hoping for room for at least 2 additional tables,
I'd just figure how many more 8fts you can place in the room, not much space savings between a table with a 40"×80" playing surface vs a table with a 44"×88" playing surface. If you filled the room with 8fts, then replaced all of them with 7fts, you'd still have the same amount of tables. If you were replacing 9fts, that's a different story.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.