Chicago Area Cue Alert!!! (+Kankakee/Champaign/St. Louis)

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an odd update to the original DC Area Cue Alert thread.

I posted about the lost cues here and on Craigslist. Someone apparently saw the Craigslist ad -- he called me tonight, but from a blocked ID. He started by asking me what the cues and case looked like, and seemed convinced that he has the cues in question. He said he bought them for $100 off a kid.

Then he tells me that he's a trucker and he's already in Chicago Heights, on the south side of Chicago. I recommended that he take the cue to Cornbread Red's and offered to get him the address (where I'd try to talk the houseman into buying it). But he was nervous about going into a place where he didn't know anyone. Generally, he seemed very nervous that he has what he thinks is stolen property (in fact, it is "lost" property). And, ultimately, he said he'd talk to a friend about what to do, and then call me back. Then he hung up.

Long story short, he mentioned that he was heading down 57 next, then St. Louis. His name is James. He seems like a good guy, just real nervous. It's a very, very, long shot, but if anyone around Chicago or parts south sees a guy selling a old Joss/Scruggs and a Frey sneaky pete, in a tan, textured, simulated leather case (Action), please just buy them and contact me (he paid $100, so should be happy to let them go for $150-$300).

Thanks,
Cory

P.S. I realize there's some chance he didn't find the cues at all, just saw my Craigslist post, and now is trying to get some money out of me. But he really did seem authentic. Like he wanted to do the right thing but is worried about getting into trouble.

Last edited:

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Thank you for the update. After the DC post I went to Walgreens and bought Luggage tags and put them on all my cases with contact info.

Keep us updated. :)