My New Russ Espiritu cue

Ilove2playpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got my new Russ Espiritu cue and I have to say that I really, really, really love this cue. It's my first custom cue, and I figured that after 6 years of league, I was overdue. Anyway, not only does it look good, but I love the hit. I'm also so glad that I use tan chalk, so I won't be staining up the ferrule, cause I want to keep this cue looking as clean as possible, as long as possible.

Here are some pics of the new cue, along with my Predator BK2 break cue and my Longoni case.

P1010063.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010065.jpg

So what's in your case??????

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Congrats on your 1st custom. Trust me...there will be more to follow. I really like the wood handle.

StormHotRod300

BigSexy
Silver Member
NICE CUE!

I've had two Espiritu cues and liked both of them. The nice thing about them that i liked was, if you buy a new shaft, for your cue it will fit, no problem. And the ones on mine, would fits yours too. Thats the nice thing about having a SS joint.

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice cue!

Damn that's a nice cue dude!! Really nice man! I like the predator break cue and also nice case, and while I'm at it, nice table too! I also like the wood handle, seems like they are becoming more, and more popular these days, the curly maple looks really nice. Nice, nice, nice.

Last edited:

Ilove2playpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's an interesting story about the Espiritu cue. I live in Maryland and last summer I took a lady who had just joined the APA up to Charlie's Pro Shop in Dundalk Maryland to buy her first cue and case. While there, I see this cue sitting on the layaway rack. And I was like, "Damn, I like that cue", but unfortunately someone else already had it on layaway. And what's so ironic is, while I was openly admiring this cue, the guy who was buying the cue walks in at the same time. I told him I loved the cue and offered to take it off his hand (with a couple hundreds dollars on top), needless to say he declined my offer. Anyway after a few weeks, I found myself still thinking about that cue. So I went back and talked to Charlie who said he knew Russ personally and could order me the same cue. Now it's nice to have a one and only design, but have you ever seen a cue that you loved so much, that you just had to have it? So I told Charlie to order it for me.

Now here's the kicker... Back in August I went to the Ballbuster event that was held in Baltimore Maryland, and while I was there, think of my surprise to come across the booth for Russ Espiritu, and he told me that he was working on my cue. Man was I a happy camper that day. Also Russ is a really nice guy, and if I could have afforded it, I would have bought one of the cues he had on display that day. Man does he has some beautiful craftsmanship. Trust me, when I see Russ again, I'll not only "Thank Him" for making such a beautiful cue for me, but I'll make sure I have some cash in the bank so I can buy my next custom cue from him.

A final note, I'm thinking about putting a Predator Z2 shaft on this cue. So I'd like to get some feedback from the group beforehand. Also, if you think putting a Predator Z2 shaft on my new Espiritu cue is a good idea, do you think I should replace the tip with a medium Moori III tip, or just use the tip that comes on the Predator Z2 shaft?

Thanx,
Happy Camper Ed

BryanJca

Registered
Espiritu

My first custom (and only so far) is a Russ Espiritu. I didnt have enough money to buy one new so I ended up buying a used custom but it just has the sweetist hit of any cue I have ever played with..

Currently playing with that cue with a Tiger X shaft at 12.25 mm moori tip..

Highly recomend his cues...

and to those out there looking at production cues... sometimes you can get a used custom for a similar amount of money as a high end production cue.. Its usually a better bet..

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
Congrats

Congratulations on your new cue. It looks excellent and I am sure hits excellent too.

Craig

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey that's the guy that teaches painting on tv! They even did a boondocks episode where I believe they modeled one of the characters after him. He's awesome man.

danlamb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome looking Espiritu.I have five of his cues and love the way they play.I have added one of the Predator 314/2 shafts to my cue and it definately enhances my feel.I would suggest Russ's cues to anybody as he does great work that would cost a mint for the same work from a lot of the other cue makers.Great choice and beautiful cue.

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ilove2playpool said:
I just got my new Russ Espiritu cue and I have to say that I really, really, really love this cue.
That's a beautiful looking cue! Just another example of some of Mississippi's finest...:) I noticed your Longoni case right away, since I have one just like it. I get more comments on my case than I do on my cues!!

Doc