Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Peacock Award

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ms. Hot Stuff

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
T

Timberly

Greg didn't elaborate on this award (others were specified by age) so I assume this will go to the highest finishing female??

Please take a second to vote on the name for an award to be given to a female player at the DCC this yr.

If you have an idea that isn't listed, please post your idea in the thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Greg didn't elaborate on this award (others were specified by age) so I assume this will go to the highest finishing female??

Please take a second to vote on the name for an award to be given to a female player at the DCC this yr.

If you have an idea that isn't listed, please post your idea in the thread.

Thanks!

Why do women need a special award?

Dick

T

Timberly

rhncue said:
Why do women need a special award?

Dick
In case you missed the other threads....

They're adding 5 new awards to the DCC this yr.

1. Player under 16
2. Player under 21
3. Player over 62
4. Player over 70
5. Female any age

Some events will give the highest finishing female a bonus of some sort and others do nothing. It's well known that A) At the pro level, men play stronger than the women, and B) Few women enter large events like the DCC that are a predominately male field. Women are definitely in the minority as are the other age groups listed above. I would assume that Greg is making an effort to encourage and recognize those in the minority that play in the DCC.

I think there was 400+ in the 9 ball division at the DCC last yr with maybe 5 women (if that) that played in it. There were 2 "young men" under the age of 16 that I was aware of.... The 5 groups represented in the list above, IMO should receive kudos... the odds are against them and they know that... why begrudge any of them a small plaque in honor of going against the odds and playing in the event anyway? :confused:

T

Timberly

40 views and only 10 posts??? Dang, this board is full of "non-voting nits"! It only takes 15 seconds total to read the list and click on the one you like best. Sheesh!

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Ok, well it can't be Queen. :D I don't like the Jean Balukas award. What if Jean played, LOL? I liked...shoot, I can't see the choices anymore....something like the First Lady of the DCC.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
40 views and only 10 posts??? Dang, this board is full of "non-voting nits"! It only takes 15 seconds total to read the list and click on the one you like best. Sheesh!
I would have voted for Jean Balukas, but didn't know if she even wanted her name attached. I sure would like to see her play DCC though!!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like the Jean Balukas Award, but I guess I also have to wonder what happpens if she actually plays one day? Not that it's going to happen, but...

I think the Dorothy Wise or Ruth McGuinnis would be nice.

On that vein, I like all the special awards named after famous/infamous players, similar to the Louie Roberts A&E award.

Fred <~~~ missed the suggestion box.