Would this be a hokey invention or useful?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I hate to jack-up over a ball. I have longer than average fingers, but sometimes they just don't seem to be long enough to execute a shot properly when I'm jacked-up over a ball. So today I was toying around with a couple of Sharpie Permanent Marker lids (the fat, oval shaped lids from the larger size pens). I slid one lid over my ring finger, cut about 3/8" off of another lid and slid it over my middle finger and proceeded to shoot a few jack-up shots. The Sharpie lids got my bridge a little higher off the cloth and was fairly steady (certainly as steady as my bare fingers).
So my thinking here is, why couldn't someone invent and patent a plastic/rubber, slip-on finger extender for this very purpose? Have it about the size of an audio cassette tape box (only shorter and maybe a little smaller overall) with soft rubber finger holes? Is this a hokey idea or would this be a useful tool? Does someone already have a product like this on the market? If not somebody's probably gonna take this idea and run with it. Just my luck, whoever invents and patents this product will probably get rich while I continue to wallow in obscurity and the poor house :rolleyes: ! Tell me what y'all think of this idea. What kind of improvements could you foresee this idea as needing?

Maniac

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Maybe Earl can help

Didn't Earl Strickland have something similar to this at a tournement within the last year or so?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom said:
Didn't Earl Strickland have something similar to this at a tournement within the last year or so?

Geez, with Earl's name associated with it, this invention is doomed already :D :D :D !!!

Maniac

Handsumm

Banned
yeah, he had some kind of taped up thing on his bridge hand. I have to admit, it looked ridiculous.!! Looked like his fingers were bandaged from a severe accident that cut his fingers off.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Maniac said:
I hate to jack-up over a ball. I have longer than average fingers, but sometimes they just don't seem to be long enough to execute a shot properly when I'm jacked-up over a ball. So today I was toying around with a couple of Sharpie Permanent Marker lids (the fat, oval shaped lids from the larger size pens). I slid one lid over my ring finger, cut about 3/8" off of another lid and slid it over my middle finger and proceeded to shoot a few jack-up shots. The Sharpie lids got my bridge a little higher off the cloth and was fairly steady (certainly as steady as my bare fingers).
So my thinking here is, why couldn't someone invent and patent a plastic/rubber, slip-on finger extender for this very purpose? Have it about the size of an audio cassette tape box (only shorter and maybe a little smaller overall) with soft rubber finger holes? Is this a hokey idea or would this be a useful tool? Does someone already have a product like this on the market? If not somebody's probably gonna take this idea and run with it. Just my luck, whoever invents and patents this product will probably get rich while I continue to wallow in obscurity and the poor house :rolleyes: ! Tell me what y'all think of this idea. What kind of improvements could you foresee this idea as needing?

Maniac

There is a thing called a 'Jump stilt' that can be used for that purpose.
They are homemade, usually out of wood, and look like an L with a tail.
They are normally used for performing a jump shot with another ball directly in front of the cue ball.