Predator shaft Q

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an older model 314 and I was wondering if any of you have sent your shaft in to have your ferrule replaced and how long it took. I hope they are still replacing them ha :)

Thanks!

Eric.A.

Paul Mon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a ferrule crack (2000) and it was replaced free. I gave it to the Predator rep at the Valley Forge Expo and they mailed me a new one in under 2 weeks. That said I now have a spare 314 shaft because I'm so hooked on them.

Paul Mon

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
You may be interested to read the thread titled "Predator Shaft Question"
...I believe it's currently on pg 2 here in the main forum.
Multiple pages concerning this very issue.;)

dave fingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not replaced one but I have seen one broke off. The hole inside is larger than I believed. The original ferrule wall is very thin.
I would send it to Varney Cues. He is well know in this area for working magic with the Predators. Many players take him new shafts for his mods. I have heard & seen nothing but very high praise for his work.

SLE95

Registered
I rack balls said:
I have an older model 314 and I was wondering if any of you have sent your shaft in to have your ferrule replaced and how long it took. I hope they are still replacing them ha :)

Thanks!

Eric.A.

I think it will depend on how old your shaft is. I read somewhere that a user requested a ferrule replacement, but Predator told him that they no longer replaced the 1" ferrules, otherwise the Predator website shows a 7-10 day turn around time.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here we go again...

Varney Cues said:
You may be interested to read the thread titled "Predator Shaft Question"
...I believe it's currently on pg 2 here in the main forum.
Multiple pages concerning this very issue.;)

How does that thread answer his question? He's wondering how long it will take Predator to replace their proprietory ferrule. Why don't you just come out and say "send me your shaft and $$$, I retip Allison Fisher's cue!"?

If you're going to jump into threads that has nothing to do with you and push your services, please don't be coy about it.

-Roger (oh and here's a senseless wink at ya: ;) )

inthezone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
buddha162 said:
How does that thread answer his question? He's wondering how long it will take Predator to replace their proprietory ferrule. Why don't you just come out and say "send me your shaft and $$$, I retip Allison Fisher's cue!"?

If you're going to jump into threads that has nothing to do with you and push your services, please don't be coy about it.

Here here....or should I say, TAP TAP...

dave fingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
buddha162 said:

I think you are a bit harsh here. Mr. Varney is in no way pushing his services. Looks to me like he just refered a member to another thread that has alot of information. I see no harm in that. Seems anyone needing a new 314 ferrule would find that thread interesting. Why bring up Allison? I've read a lot of post by Varney Cues and I've never read him brag about it once. I wish some pro trusted me enough to work on their cue. I can't imagine a world champion and future hall of famer letting me near their cue. What a great honor. Sorry but I just call it like I see it.:(

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dave fingers said:
I think you are a bit harsh here. Mr. Varney is in no way pushing his services. Looks to me like he just refered a member to another thread that has alot of information. I see no harm in that. Seems anyone needing a new 314 ferrule would find that thread interesting. Why bring up Allison? I've read a lot of post by Varney Cues and I've never read him brag about it once. I wish some pro trusted me enough to work on their cue. I can't imagine a world champion and future hall of famer letting me near their cue. What a great honor. Sorry but I just call it like I see it.:(

I'm sorry but I get a strong whiff of undeserved arrogance from the man. "Play with a Varney or get beaten by one"?? "World Champion's choice"?? He retips her cuetec, lol.

And don't tell me he's not pushing his wares...It's like the guy who posted about replacing a bent pin in his cue, and Varney jumps in and says "why don't you just upgrade to a Varney Pin!?"

It's sad, really.

-Roger

pharaoh68

Banned
dave fingers said:

Dave-
I don't know how long you've been lurking on this site before you joined, but if you've been around long enough, you would know that Kevin Varney is nothing more than a shameless, self-promotoing, arrogant man who uses this site to peddle his wares as he purports to be a legend in his own right.

I've read a lot more posts than you have by Varney and if you can honestly say that you have NEVER seen him braqg about his affiliation with Allison Fisher or the "superior quality" of his cues, then you simply can not and should not say that you have read a lot of his posts because they are almost ALL filled with arrogance.

As for calling it like you see it, get glasses because you are missing quite a bit here. That entire thread that Roger linked is nothing more than Varney self-promoting his "I make Predator Shafts even better" techniques.

dave fingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pharaoh68 said:
Dave-
I don't know how long you've been lurking on this site before you joined, but if you've been around long enough, you would know that Kevin Varney is nothing more than a shameless, self-promotoing, arrogant man who uses this site to peddle his wares as he purports to be a legend in his own right.

I've read a lot more posts than you have by Varney and if you can honestly say that you have NEVER seen him braqg about his affiliation with Allison Fisher or the "superior quality" of his cues, then you simply can not and should not say that you have read a lot of his posts because they are almost ALL filled with arrogance.

As for calling it like you see it, get glasses because you are missing quite a bit here. That entire thread that Roger linked is nothing more than Varney self-promoting his "I make Predator Shafts even better" techniques.

I guess its clear that I won't be on this forum very long. Not with a couple of forum nazi's like Pharaoh68 & Buddha162 deciding what/who is right or wrong. First let me say I hate to defend anyone who doesn't need it. Sitting behind a computer makes many very brave. You both should read the thread in the non pool section relating to this issue.
Let me go on record that I have read ALL of Varney Cues post. Yes thats right, I read them all hoping to be able to learn one thing. I also read all of Dennis Searings post as well. I wondered why Mr. Searing had been a forum member as long as he has and only has I think 10 posts. Its easy to see why now. With the way you treat Mr. Varney, no wonder more famous makers don't waste their time & energy on this forum. At least Mr. Varney has taken a lot of time to try and share with the forum. I find a lot of what Varney Cues says is true and good advice. So what if he uses this site to "peddle his wares". Thats what its there for. I signed up to promote myself & my cues as well. I see no problem with that. I too see that Kevin has done a lot of good deeds on this site as well. As far as him being a legend, maybe since you both live in NJ you are not aware of what else goes on in other places. In the NC area Mr. Varney is somewhat a legend for sure. Its quite well known that you can take him most any cue and rest assured it will play better when he returns it. Its no coincidence that all the pros in this area use only Kevin. I willing to bet that neither one of you have ever talked with Kevin or used his services. Looks clear to me that the only ones crying are the ones who have not used his services. I said I have read it all, and there are quite a few threads from members who state what great work & service they received from him. I think its in horrible bad taste to complain about a man that you've never spoke with or had dealing with.
I see nothing wrong with his self-promoting. I mean it is a business. Do you expect him to be quiet & not promote his products? He is well known for making the 314 play even better. If you have a better product then why not promote it? I even read where he has worked on some for free so they could report back their results. What more can one ask? Are you guys cuemakers or even in the cue business?
From an outsiders view looking in, I must say that it appears you are just jealous of his confidence, work quality, and the following he has built. I hope that one day I can become half as successful as Varney Cues. Thanks to Pharaoh68 & Budda162, I will now rethink if I will even post my cues for sell here on this forum. I may just go back to lurking. Like Dennis.

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave don't get discouraged!

Their not nazi's just a wof pack of two.Probably 70% of the time when Varney post anything Buddha has his usless unmeaningful BS to add. If
you look they are both from New Jersey not thats bad but probably just buds playing follow the leader. I just overlook Buddha. One the other hand I try to read all of KV's in the hope of learning something from someone with experience. KV has knowledge an a sense of humor. I look forward to more of his posts. I'd say if I lived around KV we would probably be shooting buds. I love to point my one of my handgun at a piece of paper an try to create a 4 leaf clover. So hang in there Dave they have no clue.

Pinocchio

rocky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you would like to send you shaft in to have the ferrule replaced, it is not a problem. The turn around time is a maximum of ten days from the time that we receive it till we ship it back.

Why don't you give me a call here at the factory and I will give you the information that you need.

Darrin Brown
Customer service Mgr.
Predator Products
1-888-314-4111

No Illusions

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dave fingers said:
I guess its clear that I won't be on this forum very long. Not with a couple of forum nazi's like Pharaoh68 & Buddha162 deciding what/who is right or wrong. First let me say I hate to defend anyone who doesn't need it. Sitting behind a computer makes many very brave. You both should read the thread in the non pool section relating to this issue.
Let me go on record that I have read ALL of Varney Cues post. Yes thats right, I read them all hoping to be able to learn one thing. I also read all of Dennis Searings post as well. I wondered why Mr. Searing had been a forum member as long as he has and only has I think 10 posts. Its easy to see why now. With the way you treat Mr. Varney, no wonder more famous makers don't waste their time & energy on this forum. At least Mr. Varney has taken a lot of time to try and share with the forum. I find a lot of what Varney Cues says is true and good advice. So what if he uses this site to "peddle his wares". Thats what its there for. I signed up to promote myself & my cues as well. I see no problem with that. I too see that Kevin has done a lot of good deeds on this site as well. As far as him being a legend, maybe since you both live in NJ you are not aware of what else goes on in other places. In the NC area Mr. Varney is somewhat a legend for sure. Its quite well known that you can take him most any cue and rest assured it will play better when he returns it. Its no coincidence that all the pros in this area use only Kevin. I willing to bet that neither one of you have ever talked with Kevin or used his services. Looks clear to me that the only ones crying are the ones who have not used his services. I said I have read it all, and there are quite a few threads from members who state what great work & service they received from him. I think its in horrible bad taste to complain about a man that you've never spoke with or had dealing with.
I see nothing wrong with his self-promoting. I mean it is a business. Do you expect him to be quiet & not promote his products? He is well known for making the 314 play even better. If you have a better product then why not promote it? I even read where he has worked on some for free so they could report back their results. What more can one ask? Are you guys cuemakers or even in the cue business?
From an outsiders view looking in, I must say that it appears you are just jealous of his confidence, work quality, and the following he has built. I hope that one day I can become half as successful as Varney Cues. Thanks to Pharaoh68 & Budda162, I will now rethink if I will even post my cues for sell here on this forum. I may just go back to lurking. Like Dennis.
TAP TAP TAP
Well said David.
I've know Kevin for several years. He has been nothing but warm and professional. I own 4 of his cues and plan to buy more. I'm like Pinocchio in that it seems to be the same couple bashing Kevin. I know the man well and I'd wager neither one would say anything to his face. Without a doubt pharaboy and his buddy have had no business dealing with Kevin or we wouldn't be having this conversation. The man is extremely talented with a wealth of knowledge. I'm also one that reads and enjoys his post. I've learned quite a bit from him.
David, don't give up on this forum just yet. Not all are "haters".
Kevin, keep up the good work in the new shop and on this forum. Thank you.
I guess if Jerry Franklin came back from the dead, a couple of nits somewhere would find something negitive to say.:mad:

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
It's a public forum, if you aren't open to hearing something negative about someone every once in a while then maybe public forums aren't for you. I used to HATE seeing posts about stupid crap and people's self righteous attitudes, but the truth of the matter is that it IS a public forum and EVERYONE is heard.

You can use your "ignore" button, but you would be surprised at what you might fail to learn from these "idiots". You have to take the good with the bad, develop some thicker skin and learn, I think that's what we are all here to do right?

dave fingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fart sniffer said:
It's a public forum, if you aren't open to hearing something negative about someone every once in a while then maybe public forums aren't for you. I used to HATE seeing posts about stupid crap and people's self righteous attitudes, but the truth of the matter is that it IS a public forum and EVERYONE is heard.

You can use your "ignore" button, but you would be surprised at what you might fail to learn from these "idiots". You have to take the good with the bad, develop some thicker skin and learn, I think that's what we are all here to do right?
So then why did you take the time to give me BAD rep points because I said something positive about Varney cues. Is that fair? I deserved BAD rep points? I THINK NOT! Don't place any orders with me mister!:rolleyes:

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Jesus christ, complaining about rep points now? I took the time to inform you of my opinion, please delete that rep and go on your merry way then.

Man, you really need to chill, this is cyberspace where things aren't real. Except for that guy in England that got shot for talking trash on the internet. But if that were true then Dhakala and some others would be dead already. What's your business anyways? I don't see where I would place an order with you.

Chill dude, breathe.

pharaoh68

Banned
Pinocchio said:
Their not nazi's just a wof pack of two.Probably 70% of the time when Varney post anything Buddha has his usless unmeaningful BS to add. If
you look they are both from New Jersey not thats bad but probably just buds playing follow the leader. I just overlook Buddha. One the other hand I try to read all of KV's in the hope of learning something from someone with experience. KV has knowledge an a sense of humor. I look forward to more of his posts. I'd say if I lived around KV we would probably be shooting buds. I love to point my one of my handgun at a piece of paper an try to create a 4 leaf clover. So hang in there Dave they have no clue.

Pinocchio

Hey Pinocchio!

First, what's a "wof pack"?

Secondly, when someone opens the door to criticism and ridicule, others should not complain when he is subsequently ridiculed. For example, there have been multiple instances in which a member asks about a particular custom cue maker and Varney jumps in and says, "well if you like that, try one of mine" or something ridiculous like that.

Third, why should it matter that Roger and I are friends and that we shoot out of the same room? Does that mean that we agree on everything? Hell no!!! When it comes to cues, sometimes Roger and I are like night and day. For example, I think his favorite cuemaker is mediocre at best! I just happen to agree with Roger in his so-called "assaults" on Kevin Varney because I dislike the way Varney handles himself in these forums.

Now, to address other issues. I think someone else asked why Dennis Searing doesn't post here much. Well, I think the reason that some cuemakers like Dennis, Joel Hercek, James White, and a slew of other cuemakers post here so infrequently is because of the volume of their orders. And, yes. You're probably right. There are probably people on these forums like me who rub cuemakers the wrong way. So I ask you this: is it wrong to know what I like in a cue and a cuemaker?

pharaoh68

Banned
dave fingers said:

And a lot of that information is Mr. Varney trying to convince people that he can make a Predator shaft even better!!!